Test Discussion GU76: Artifacts

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Moja, Oct 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moja Developer

Hey everyone! Artifacts are now on PC Test and ready for your feedback!

Click here for the Announcement

Please use this thread to discuss anything directly related to artifacts:
    • Artifacts Mission
    • Artifact Items and bonuses
    • Artifacts Feats
    • Artifacts UI
    • Any Artifact-related bugs or usability problems you find
    Known Issues:
    • The "Ore of the Strygidae" Feat tooltip has tokenized text
    • Logging out after receiving the loot choice for an Artifact but before selecting one results in not completing the Antiquarian feat
    Thanks!
  2. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

How does the Item Level of the Artifact factor into your CR? If not at all, then remove 'Item Level' from the Artifact's description - rank should be fine. If it does factor in, then at what %? Does it change the 115%? Change the percentage value of the other armor items?
  3. Revafall Well-Known Player

BUG REPORT:
    The icons on the items in "Constantine Vendor" turns blank after you buy one of them.
  4. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Well the item level is there because you need to be min. Of 20. It shouldnt effect cr
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    My initial impression is that the Artifacts mission is a bit too long. I think you are going to lose people at these steps:
    1. Placing the statues to open the door in the Hell part. My testing partner was very confused with this part initially. I had to run around for a few seconds to figure out the puzzle.
    2. The part where you use Reagants to level up your first Artifact to level 20. My testing partner got his artifact to level 9 and was very confused on what to do next. It took a couple of minutes to talk him through the extra steps.
    3. Locating Constantine in Watchtower. It took me a minute to find him. I initially thought he was in the War Room, but realized he was above me where the gear vendor used to be.

This Nth Metal stuff eats up a lot of item space on our very limited Test Server inventory.
    • Like x 4
  6. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Yes, not sure how high you can level seeing as they said the higher the level the higher the tier you need to run for catalyst
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I noticed in the description for the Seal I got from Constantine that it says that you can use it to prevent catalysts from being destroyed in the event of the breakthrough failing and that the Seal would be consumed instead. How does that work? Do you slot a Seal in when you're doing a breakthrough? If you do and the breakthrough works will the Seal still be consumed, or will you keep it? Or do Seals just stay in your inventory and if the breakthrough fails one automatically gets consumed?
    • Like x 1
  8. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I had one big issue, i can no longer acquire new artifacts with marks of victory because i upgraded my artifact before folliwing the Constantine Mission, therefore i can no longer complete the mission.

My question is if there is a way to acquire the mats to do the first breakthrough before to complete the first mission with Constantine?
    Some players may do the same mistake i did on the live server. Just sharing my experience hoping that no one make the same mistake.

My next question is regarding the Seals of preservation, are you guys planning to put those on the Marketplace?
    Thx in advance.
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    1. The game doesn't do a good job of explaining how you can use Level 1+ artifacts in your inventory to fortify an existing artifact. My testing partner stumbled upon that one by accident.

This is another one of those features that you have to know exists.

2. Acquiring Catalysts on Test is going to be problematic. Getting people to run Area 51, LoA, or Subcon is proving difficult. Would it be possible to get a Test Server Catalyst Box on one of the vendors for testing?
  10. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

If that's the case, then it should be called 'Required Level'. All armor up this point has an Item Level (for CR) and a Required Level (for equipping).
  11. Savynaa Well-Known Player

Feedback

The artefacts Dps are a new advantage for Pfft players ( because after to be full might they can put sp in health), hybrid and WM can not benefit as much than them.

The chasm between pfft and hybrid WM become bigger :/
    • Like x 2
  12. Savynaa Well-Known Player

I just noticed that must be a joke, Cog of Maggedon the artifact for WM dps up dominance. If it is a joke that not funny.
  13. Zamara Dedicated Player

There is a box with catalysts & one for the XP items in the PVE vendor located in the central hub :p
  14. Zamara Dedicated Player

BUG REPORT:
    i completed the Constantine mission & got the 1st free artifact then i used the testing boxes to max it & then i went to the vendor & bought the controller one then got a currency box & bought the other 2 (for tank & healer), after that i went to grab more boxes with catalysts and xp items to upgrade the other 3.
    Everything seemed fine but while i was doing the upgrades one of them disappeared from the list, first i thought it was part of the process but when i was done with all 4 i went to the inventory and i only had 2 of them and the one i had equipped (the controller artifact was gone), i checked the loot tab and i did bought all 3. I went to check in the vendor & the item was there again to be bought. i know i didn't delete it because there was nothing about it on the loot tab & it wasn't on the restoring items list so it must have been destroyed somehow in the process.
  15. Realsaiyin Active Player

I found a couple of bugs.

I couldn't share my Nth Metals through the shared bank, I was pretty sure they were account bound.

In your inventory the artifact seems a little off because of the fact that it is a square (although is not a big deal).

[IMG]

But when you inspect someone, there it really looks off.

[IMG]
  16. inferno Loyal Player

How does one increase the chances of a successful breakthrough? I had initially thought that if you have the ALL of the required catalysts it will be a 100% breakthrough. The percentage chance seemed random to me which necessitates the use of Seal of Preservations to prevent the destruction of your Catalysts in case it fails.

Where would we obtain Seals of Preservation? What cost?

So the Nth metal drop is not for every NPC kill but a possible drop from them? IF i remember correctly to move from level 1 to level 2 is 100 Nth metal. You can purchase from Constantine 1 that has 20 exp for 50 marks of Victory so if you wanted to flat out buy it with marks, you need 250 marks of Victory to more from level 1 to level 2.

critical bonuses only opens up on breakthrough levels?
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

As far as I'm aware you can't increase the chance of a successful breakthrough. Seals are used so that if the breakthrough fails you don't lose your catalysts, so you can try again without having to go and get the catalysts again.
  18. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

The purpose of a Seal is to protect the catalysts needed for the break through if it fails. For example I believe if you do a breakthrough without a Seal and it fails, the catalysts would be consumed in the fail breakthrough. The Seal is like a cushion, so if you do a breakthrough with a Seal and the breakthrough fails, the Seal would be consumed instead of the catalysts. It basically protects the catalysts if a fail breakthrough happens , and if a breakthrough succeeds, the Seal will not be consumed. Hope this helps :p
  19. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yeah it was the last part I was unsure about. As long as the Seal is not consumed if the Breakthrough succeeds then that's all good with me. I can't find any complaints with this system at all. Thanks for the clarification. :)
    • Like x 2
  20. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Item level and item cr is two different things
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.