For heaven’s sake...please fix OP COLLECTION DROPS

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jay Smeezy, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Lol.....BOOOOOOOOO!
  2. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

I am done with those, im working the hands now.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Me too! Just need Faded Joker Calling Card.
  4. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

1st one i ever got....
    • Like x 1
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Nobody is ok with anything....some people just require hard evidence, not circumstantial. In all honesty, the only thing that's really affecting the drop rate is the fact that there is only ONE OP collection to go for. Last time we had three, before that two. If this 1 collection has the same drop rate as the previous ones, your luck is bound to be worse than before simply because there are no other ones to offset it.
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

Still silence on this topic. OP collections dropping for people before they had either feat. Sometimes not dropping at all for people who have both feats. At this point imo its shady that there has been no answer on how this is all working. 4 threads and 3 weeks later and nothing but silence.
    • Like x 2
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Anything they say will be taken and blown out of proportion, they'll be called liars or lazy or some other typical insult (you're calling them shady and they haven't even said anything yet). The fact is that they probably messed up as far as things dropping before the feat. Will them admitting it was a mistake make you happy, will it change anything? And what else could they possibly say about the current drop rate that would make anyone happy??? They're not going to raise it, so saying anything is setting themselves up for another round of attacks.

With the exception of the early drop mistake, this is not a new conversation...so there doesn't really seem to be a need to address anything here. Rare items are rare...working as intended. Feedback has been noted. Well...that was pointless of me, since i'm not a green name around these parts. But seriously, I don't know what you're expecting when this is not a new issue. No matter what anyone here actually says, everyone seems to want OP items to be guaranteed...and that's not how it works.
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Companies make statements all the time irrespective of the potential for criticism. The employ public relations consultants for the purpose of doing this, they do not need your protection.

There is also a difference between guaranteed and reasonably attainable.

The op items were supposed to become more reasonably earned rather than reliance upon RNGesus.

They set a precedent with the previous gear then ripped that out from underneath everyone in this most recent dlc by making an abominable drop rate, whether in purpose or by accident doesn't really matter.

Communication with the community would be the very least step to take in my view.
    • Like x 5
  9. mexmex Dedicated Player

yeah feat or not feat, I haven't seen one drop of rare collection since AF3, not that i care anymore at this point, to be fair I haven't played as i used to anyway, but yeah I guess those are exclusive for big replayers only to be honest. based on what I see in my league
    • Like x 1
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Despite erroneous beliefs, i'm protecting no one. I'm merely stating things I see and based on history here. I find it funny that despite very recent examples all over the place, people still feel they need to be told the same things over and over like children or people with short attention span. I ask the same questions every time, and never get an answer from people here. I'll ask again: What do you expect them to say that you have not heard before??? What answer would satisfy you??? As i've stated previously, this is not a new phenomena. Rare items are rare, and Mepps' usual statement is somewhere along the lines of "this is intended/working as intended". Do you like hearing the same answer??? Cause if so, i've repeated it enough times.

Also, something nobody has even considered (because it's MUCH easier to complain or jump to conspiracies)...what if the "Bad drop rates" are the same as they've always been??? Since there is only ONE op collection to chase after it would naturally appear that the rates got worse. Since we don't know (and will never know) the exact rates for these drops, there's no way to effectively quantify if the drop rates are the same or have gotten worse. People are wrongfully comparing the drop rates of this current collection against the 3 in the previous episode, and the 2 in the one before...the precedent was for more than one, and OBVIOUSLY that's changed. Yet everyone wants to ignore that???

Let's be honest...the majority here don't care about "communication"...you all just hate being in a one-sided argument. You want Mepps to say something, anything so that you can all point your fingers and make accusations and feel justified in your furious righteousness. Of course nothing I say here matters...you'll just find a way to twist it into me "loving/defending" the Devs...because God forbid you argue back the points I made...easier to just dismiss what I say in a broad stroke and ignore any of my common sense arguments.

TL;DR: If the collections are dropping, there's nothing to fix. Since it's only one collection the drop rate will look abysmally low since there's nothing else to chase after (OP-wise, the other collections don't count). The radio silence is the result of nothing new to add...it's all been said before, pretending otherwise is foolish (unless you literally started playing just this year and haven't read many posts).
    • Like x 1
  11. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Man, i just don’t wanna pay for the collections...(no offence) but i didnt read your soliloquy here, im just stating since getting the feat, i have gotten zero drops, 14 days now i believe it is...
    • Like x 2
  12. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I have 15 toons. I run all the duos and half through alerts and it has been days since I got a op drop and when I did, it was for the shirt. At some point people have to stop justifying stuff like this and It's always the same people
    • Like x 5
  13. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Id be fine with it if there wasnt feats attached
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

A conversation is different from a question.

There have been several threads over the past week asking specifically what the deal is about op collections that isn't an invitation to others to answer the question on behalf of the developers and although conversations develop among the player base as a result of a thread that doesn't constitutue an answer on behalf of the devs; ever.

The question has been asked because the parameters appear to have changed.

You've got multiple $30mil collections this time with one collection going for $150mil~

That didn't happen last time which draws two reasonable conclusions:-

1. Less players are playing this game so there is less supply;

2. The drop rates have been altered to make them worse than AOJ.

There are no other reasonable conclusions to draw.

Expecting a response to the question is therefore reasonable and appropriate.

Putting words in the developers mouths on their behalf or approaching a situation because of past examples and prejudices is not justification for silence.
    • Like x 3
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You offered a different reasonable conclusion (less players playing...very valid observation), I offered another which no one has even mentioned...the fact that there is only ONE OP collection this time around. That's the parameter that has changed, which no one seems to discuss. Instead it's the same old tired "drops are bad" whine that has been around even for the supposedly better AF3 drop rate.
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

You cannot count my 2nd conclusions they're my conclusions

As for your conclusion;

There's actually 2 collections with the devs changing the shirt to just a style at the last minute.

Both of those are gold collections.

So if we take AF3 as the comparison which also had two collections for OP gear it was still not as hard to get those as the ridiculous 150mil~ collection we have going on here.

Therefore your theory falls over and pulls it back to one of mine.

I loathe to say it to you mate cause I actually like you, but... next?

You got anything else?
    • Like x 3
  17. MrMigraine Devoted Player

In addition, there were 2 Raids and 2 Alerts to run in AoJ instead of 1 Raid, 1 Alert and 2 Duos. AoJ also had guaranteed Collection drops from the additional/optional Elite Boss Fight if you were wearing the right style.

Those things could conceivably skew the numbers as well.
    • Like x 2
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Ok there we go, so there's something valid to consider in AOJ we had

3 daily boxes, 2 alerts with 3 potential drops in each, 2 raids with 3 bosses in each (not counting that additional I don't think it was highly farmed/used and is too variable), we then also had the bounty mission and 411.

so every week we had 85 potential chances at receiving a collection.

with the new DLC we have 1 bounty each day, 2 bosses in each duo, 2 bosses in the alert and 3 bosses in the raid, and the two weeklies 333 and the 42 transporters.

So every week in the new DLC we have 40 chances of receiving a collection; so we have a 52.94% decrease in our loot opportunities and this is not cause for discussion and comment by the developers...

What is then? Were the drop rates considered at all when taking this into account along with the duration of the DLC along with the way this community moves from content to content barely playing previous content following is obsolesence.

This is exactly the type of disconnect we talk about between the community and the development team.

I mean are you seriously sitting there with a straight face and going "yea $150mil give or take is an appropriate sum in game for one collection for an OP item as opposed to just a random RNG drop at the complete piece"?

I mean are you really?!?!

I think we've got a combination of a problem here.
    - less people running content
    - less opportunity at drops
    - weird or inappropriate odds at drops.

Let's use Amazon Fury as a benchmark too that was, 3 chances on the duo, 1 on the solo each day, 3 on the alert each day and 2 raids each week with 6 chances, in this DLC you never got OP collections out of the reward boxes apart from the solo.

So with Amazon Fury there were 55 opportunities per week to get OP collections.

That is only a 22.22% increase in the available opportunity between AF3 and the new DLC.

There were two collections considered OP in that content and we have two gold collections in this new DLC, but in this new DLC we suddenly have a 150mil~ collection. That did not occur, not even remotely in AF3.

So the logical conclusion here really is a "massive" movement in drop rates.

Funny, less people playing, less drops being acheived, have the developers ever stopped to consider that the poor drop rates are actually driving people 'away from playing'...

I mean just thinking out loud here...
    • Like x 8
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

Not when people are simply asking if a change was made to how this functions and if it hasnt been changed then is something broken. Since AF3, which was a year ago, the TC gear and vendor gear granted the feat that allowed OP collections to drop. But with this episode i have 3 OP collections drop in an hour before the TC was even out and before i even had 1 piece of the vendor gear. An acknowledgement of a change or a bug is all some have asked for. Shouldnt be difficult to communicate something here.

Also obsidianchill running 60 zoo raids and getting only 3 OP collections. Thats 180 bosses and 3 drops. Like i said in another thread i know players who have run 3-4 toons through all the RwC content every day since its been live and havent seen a single collection drop. The silence from the devs on this topic speaks volumes imo. And i think we should let the devs answer these questions. It happens way too much on here where people ask questions and some other players are very quick to speak up and answer for the devs. Last i knew none of the customers work for daybreak.

And honestly its getting really old seeing players keep making excuses for this stuff. Not a single person on here has said they want OP collections to be guaranteed either. And to think the drop rates of these items arent changed is very naive imo. And what do i expect? Some communication and an answer to what is going on. Especially when there is evidence that this is not working the same way it used to and there has been multiple threads now asking what the deal is. We get communication on here all the time about changes and in update notes. But when a change happens with obtaining the best gear in the game and there is no communication?
    • Like x 5
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, no. Every Halloween collection was thrown into the loot table. This has an obvious trickle down effect. It doesnt matter how many OP items there are. You have a chance of getting them, like the last two DLCs, from everything we run.

Not sure I can explain to make it much easier to understand. And no one has a clue about drops rates. They don't comment on those. Wait until Xmas. If the trend stays, we will see a DLC drop, late November probably, and then 7 years worth of Xmas collections all possibly be thrown into the loot table.
    • Like x 3