For heaven’s sake...please fix OP COLLECTION DROPS

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jay Smeezy, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

11 days with the feat, i have yet to receive any collections for the hands. Hell i’ll take one for the shirt. This has gotten ridiculous. 3 toons running and none have received any. Just ran zoo, guy gets 2 collections on 2nd boss. Preposterous I say....
    • Like x 4
  2. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

12 days...
    • Like x 1
  3. Haptyc Active Player

I went that long and then got 3 in one day. But I agree, the drop rate is poor and having to get 12 of each for a set makes it far worse.
    • Like x 2
  4. Great Architect Loyal Player

Rare things are rare. Some rare things are rarer than others. If you have the chest, head and legs, you're ahead of the game. The hands will drop, but please do not complain about your luck if you have already filled out the rest of the pieces.
    • Like x 1
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

Huh? The OP hands do not drop.
    • Like x 1
  6. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I haven't gotten a OP collection in a few months and I have all the feats unlocked to get them so I'm sick of the system .
    • Like x 4
  7. SuperBell Loyal Player

OP items are supposed to be special. If everybody got them, it wouldn't be special. And they will eventually not be OP anyways.
    • Like x 2
  8. Zneeak Devoted Player

This would make sense if OP items were in fact, special.... They stopped being special when every single new episode started including them. At this point it's a miracle that we're not seeing OP items in the Seasonal content. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  9. spack2k Steadfast Player

2 op collections from 1 boss ? that's some weird **** going on.
    • Like x 1
  10. MastaMind Dedicated Player

I went almost 2 full months into AoJ before I ever got a single drop. I never accused the game of being broken. I have since received the entire collection almost 4 times over. Same goes for AF3. It is just a luck based thing. As some of the people stated above. They are supposed to be rare. This is quite literally the equivalent of any high value items. You might as well be asking that all Time Capsules drop the Flash Biography, and that every single run of Blackest Night/Rip In time drop the big ticket items. The collections do drop. Quite a lot actually. Have you checked the broker? Most of them have took a huge fall in price. I've seen some that were not even worth 200k. Even if they do drop you will meet the same hurdle that many others are facing right now. I think it is called the Complex Crime Scene? That collection is "The Flash Biography" of this collection, and it will cost around 200 million or something like that. I got extremely lucky that a guy in a raid sold me pretty much all but 1 of the most expensive collections on day 1 of this DLC. Thank god for 500k TCs :)

Like you I did not receive a single drop from this content towards the OP gloves. I got plenty of the Detective Bio ones and other ones that only count towards feats. After fully gearing my healer and unlocking the feat that discounts the Riddler pieces I decided that I would go after the gloves. I received another batch of my free monthly replays, and I spent my loyalty points for a few extra ones. I had not really used replays since AoJ hit so much like stabilizers it was just something I was stockpiling for free while waiting on the right time to use them. As soon as I reset that raid I got my first drop. In 5 runs of the raid I got approximately 7 drops towards the OP gloves, and at least 6 gold pieces towards that Riddleman This Riddleman That collection, but at least one of those came from the daily missions or somewhere outside the raid. The raid is where the best chance is at, and if you are only running that once per week per character that would explain things entirely.

While you may be running 3 characters that is not really going to guarantee anything. It may give you a slightly better chance, but not really all that much of a difference since each time you switch you are starting in the same place you were. I think the system is perfectly fine. It is just like The Vault, Time Capsules, or even the loot picker from any mission in the game. The chance is there. The feat may increase the chance, but again is not a guaranteed thing. If you want the full on truth I am at 11/12 out of that collection, and truthfully I did not receive a single one of those pieces myself. I had to pay out cash for every single one of them, aside from maybe 1 or 2. I wanted you to know that so that you do not assume that my supporting the system is not based on the fact that I have received some recently. It was the same way with Age Of Justice. I spent every bit of my savings on them in AoJ as well, and I had all 3 OP items before I ever got a single drop. I have received loads since then. Actually over my 2 days off last week I received 15 drops towards OP items from AoJ, AF3, and RWC plus some of those Riddleman Ones. Sometimes I go weeks without anything. At least two times I in that raid the 2nd and 3rd bosses dropped me pieces in the same run. I think I filmed both of them to debunk the "Halloween items interfere with the drops" theory.

From the sounds of it you may have been lucky in the past. Same with a few others I have seen complaining on here. I know one of the guys throwing out that "Halloween Theory" admitted that in AoJ he got several drops before he ever had the feat, and all he did was sell them for extremely overpriced costs. Sometimes stuff like that comes full circle. If they don't drop for you just keep running it and keep your fingers crossed. Or just like Time Capsules you should look at your system as the problem. I have personally helped at least 3 people get all of the AF3 and AoJ pieces, and I am close to having a 4th to add to that list (Not counting myself). Out of all of the OP collections I have received I have never sold a single one on the broker or otherwise. In fact I can think of two occasions where I gave them to an almost complete stranger. Good karma comes back. Even if I had not received these drops I would have been covered because every one in my inner circle of friends will share duplicates.

Best of luck to you. If you can reset the raid I would try a couple runs there with the main character that unlocked the feat. I would bet that your luck changes.
    • Like x 1
  11. MastaMind Dedicated Player

I have definitely seen 2 in one run, twice, but they were from different bosses. I would have a hard time believing that one guy received two from one boss. I guess it could be possible.
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I get at least 1 collection drop every other run from any content in AF3, AoJ and RwC. Sometimes bad luck is just that, bad luck.
    • Like x 2
  13. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

guess all the people saying...oh well. have not noticed the game is...kind of...slow...

people are tired of it. all of it. the tc's. the drops. the paying for feats.

but hey. as long as a few like it that way. all is good...right...
    • Like x 5
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Slow, yes but I still get everything I need done in a timely manner.
    Edit: sorry that was off topic
    • Like x 1
  15. Hraesvelg Always Right

Dear Penthouse Forum,

I never thought it would happen to me...(this was from the alert)

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

May the bad things in life happen to you and only you......
    • Like x 3
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Dude, that was so salty, my popcorn is covered for life...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. Hraesvelg Always Right

If it makes you feel better, those are the only ones that have dropped for me, period.
    • Like x 3
  19. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

We will never get conformation on any of this, but I'm pretty sure it has to do with the holiday collections. This is the first time they were thrown into the loot table. For whatever reason, no one speaks up about these things. The day the Halloween seasonal was dropped, our in game loot tables took a big hit.

Not sure why people are OK with it. Enough hate about it, and a quick fix to put them back in the open world collections, where they belong.
    • Like x 1
  20. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Oh it happened, he in my league, not this guy, but another guy, we checked the loot tab and we were all disgusted!