Random Epic OP Items!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AlyceNefarios, Oct 13, 2017.

1. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

This may be a controversial idea, but I would like to see OP items as epic drops in all content, as a separate reward for playing and running content.
    Stat-limited by tier, of course; as in no more than two or even three tiers higher cr than the content they were found in.
    It doesn't have to effect the present OP item system. The random drop items will be rare enough so that players couldn't rely on getting them, and so would still need to chase the in-place OP system.
    Random Epic OP Items.
    They should be available to everyone: F2P, Premium, and Legendary. I think if they are account bound, it would make sense; no trading.
    I guess it would be a bit like getting the golden rings drop in the vault, except it would be more likely to be relevant, whichever tier and cr the toon is at.
    Another point is that they do need to actually drop. The drop rate needs to be rare, but not impossible, not like 0.001%. There would be no point in their existing at all if no-one ever found them.
    Basically they are rare, 'magical', items that our toons can randomly discover anywhere in the game worlds.
    No purchase necessary, no elite feats needed, just luxury rewards that significantly boost your toon. It's time there was something exciting like that. Grinding for everything, and every end-game toon getting the exact same OP gear, is dull. Loosen up a bit. Tantalise the players with possibility, and see them running content again, searching for these items; and make the payoff happen, by the item dropping, and being worthwhile.
    These items would be unique, almost, and elevate the toon they dropped for to specialness. Not stat-wise, but lucky-wise.
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Did you just start playing this game?

The OP gear usedto be epic drops...

As a community we didn't like it, the drop rates were heinous and we wanted a better way to "earn" the OP gear.

So the developers introduced collections, which have at times been good and at other times, like this most recent one been absolutely atrocious, because they keep playing with the drop rates.

I do not want a return to random drops that rely entirely on RNG, I'd also like to move away from the collections and into the R&D approach that was present in the starro event.
    • Like x 14
  3. MrMigraine Devoted Player

A thousand times this ^
    • Like x 6
  4. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Exactly this.
    • Like x 1
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

You people should've been here in 2015.

2015 was the year people were pushing for the best gear in vendor, and all the progression+OP items to be changed up. 2 years later, I don't hear a peep about it; and now you guys just start coming out of the woodworks.

*Sighs* Collection or RNG, OP items in general need to actually mean something not instantly be replaced.
    • Like x 1
  6. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I agree entirely with everything Proxystar has written here. Even down to moving into R&D as the method by which we acquire Omnipotent items.

The combination of the best gear strictly distributed via RNG and a product like replay badges are a far worse pay to win system than attaching feats to rewards found in Time Capsules.

Absolutely not. Not again.
    • Like x 2
  7. Backblock Well-Known Player

8. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I like it the way it is or maybe like the starro event, both are good
    • Like x 1
  9. RLManuel Committed Player

For me, It was better when they randomly dropped. After getting the AF3 op collections I feel no need to complete any more op collections.

Now, instead of having one op piece drop with bad drop rates we have 12 collections with bad drop rates...
    • Like x 1
  10. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

Yay!!! :D
  11. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

They have lost their gleam, haven't they?
    • Like x 1
  12. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I remember when when i running The Demons Plan Alert (Elite) so i could get the op hands. I ran it 4-5 times a day for about a month.
    • Like x 2
  13. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

but.. I was here in 2015 D:
  14. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

You wouldn't use replays to get them any more than you'd use replays to get Joker's Jetpack from the vault. The epic drop rate would be comparable. But still, if you do want Joker's Jetpack, it's worth running the vault, and always has been, just in case.
  15. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

It's quite interesting to consider the impact it would have.
    Players couldn't buy these items; not with cash, replays, or entitlement.
    Elite groups couldn't just crush SM for 'em.
    A F2P newbie might find one.
    There would be no certain guarantee.

And everyone would want them.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

I'm confused if that was the case, why are you claiming this is a new idea?
    • Like x 1
  17. The Anxient Loyal Player

Absolutely not. The current system can be improved but going back to epic drops isn't the way to do it.
    • Like x 2
  18. Backblock Well-Known Player

OP items have had faulty droprates and now the collections have started to have horrible droprates after AF3.
    The vault items need to go into the (ugh) quark vendor or something because no one's going to run the vault anymore.
    The starro OP items were done alright but I'm afraid that the R&D mats required will increase because the gear itself will scale upwards the next time the event drops.
    • Like x 1
  19. TestReporter Loyal Player

No,no,no, please, no.
    This is a lot better, a LOT. But i think they will find a way to require 10 thousand replay badges to get the OP item :(
    • Like x 2
  20. Emoney Dedicated Player

Nope, sorry as others said we tried this years ago and it sucked. Ive run some of those instances over 500 times, never got a drop. Yet I knew people that would get em every other time. RNG is a dumb system for OP items.

If you want the challenge OP, just run Strikers till ya get the captain cold hood....or run Prime for the helm.....let me know how many ya get.

Even the crafting involves RNG for the mats. Id like to see a system based on marks or number of times we've run the instance over time.