Zoo Elite and Fire tanks

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Pyrometers, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Pyrometers Active Player

Why is it when I try to tank zoo elite as a Fire tank people say no fire tank and leave the group if nothing happens ? I just want to know .
  2. Perseus Chase Committed Player

because they have been BURN so many time by fire tank hahahahaha get it? :(
    • Like x 6
  3. Bitesize Sammy New Player

Not sure, I haven't had this problem yet?
  4. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Pre-Judgment. Noobs ruined faith in fire.
  5. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Fire always has been in a spot were they are looked down onto, and honestly it makes a lot of sense because it is the easiest to be bad on if you dont understand what you are doing.
  6. Fed up player #10 Well-Known Player

I agree. It also doesn't help that with the changes after the stat revamp it more important that ever to know the power before jumping into elite content. I have a 348sp 211cr fire tank that gets hit for 69k in the second boss of zoo elite. Not sure many cab survive that these days.
  7. BrandonB Well-Known Player

Was this while blocking with Fortified Blocking or not blocking with Fortified Assault? Just curious. I haven't ran my fire tank in elite yet.
  8. L T Devoted Player

They're foolish. Fire is a very strong tank power now.
    • Like x 2
  9. spack2k Steadfast Player

Every tank can get knocked out on second boss if they dont block the skull attack, i saw 3 tanks getting one shooted with one single charge of man bat joker.
  10. Lugo Well-Known Player

Even back when there was only fire and ice, people didn't want fire. It's just harder to tank with. You get all this health but it's all useless when you're taking crazy damage from every enemy in the game. Then weak heals. Most players feel like it isn't worth the challenge when you could just get any other tank.
    • Like x 1
  11. Saami Loyal Player

It is easier (better?) to play fire tank now. You dont need to be nearly as geared or skilled as fire tank to survive content with proper tier gear.
  12. Lugo Well-Known Player

yea sure
    duos and alerts
  13. Saami Loyal Player

Dont tell me you have hard time with raids as fire tank:rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  14. Lugo Well-Known Player

don't tell me you're gonna pretend fire tanking isn't hard when all your health is useless against the thousands of damage you take from basic attacks from basic enemies :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

and THEN there's the bosses :rolleyes:

yea get out of my face, i'm gonna go pray i always have a decent healer on my hip
  15. Pyrometers Active Player

I feel like fire is ok (IN ELITE RAIDS) when using 2 Shields , Amazon deflection ,burn out ,backdraft and engulf because fire no longer receive 50% healing bonus while blocking and you have to block elite raids as a fire tank . Healing just do not feal strong while blocking or its just me not seeing how much damage is being mitigated like I see when using Shields.
  16. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

*shrugs*.. always did just fine as a fire tank in raids.

It's easy if you know the power..have proper sp allocation, modded correctly in gear at required tier, know PvP mechanics of when to block and block break, and know the mechanics of the raid.

Simply put, know your limitations..and fire tanking is very doable without a struggle at all.
    • Like x 2
  17. Nu31 Well-Known Player

If any group leaves because of a certain powerset you shouldn't want to be in that raid anyway because they're morons.
    • Like x 4
  18. Fed up player #10 Well-Known Player

Not blocking and yes i was using fortified assault. We tried several times to get past the 2nd boss. Every time same story, stunned then hammered for huge numbers over and over again. Hit for 48K with both my shield and the healers on me. Not a fun way to spend an afternoon. I am all for challenging content and teamwork but there isnt any way to combat this other then pure brute strength. Well you could always find a PC guy to use the speed hack or do like i am and wait 4 or 5 episodes and come back for the feats then.
    • Like x 1
  19. Wet fluffy Well-Known Player

I'd be interested in people's loadout, experience and set ups as a fire tank in Zoo elite. I'd like to learn more beyond posts that state fire is weak or the content too hard, with others then responding it's not, without any real substance to back it up.

Not too ashamed to admit I tried zoo elite 2nd boss with a blocking and shield set up at 204cr two weeks back. I was most probably undergeared, the bosses went through me like a hot knife into butter.
  20. spack2k Steadfast Player

I played fire tank the old way in Zooe, meaning cast a pull clip with a heal go as fast as possible into blocking and it was doable with 2 healers, cr208 though, battle tank didnt work for me i couldnt increase my defence fast enough for heals to keep me up.

I switched to another tanking power because i dont like turtling.

note that i didnt try fire tanking with latest hotfix which was a buff for 2nd boss in elite.
    • Like x 1