How many skittles is that?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AlyceNefarios, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Shadow Force Committed Player

That's why i did the smart thing and have everytime capsule 999 tc boxes thought i would decide to sell them but with the qwarks vendor i guess now i have a reason to open them.
    • Like x 1
  2. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Sadly even saving up for 2 years doesnt even make it obtainable for f2p since it exceeds the escrow cap. Really does seem like another great but then squandered idea by the devs.
    • Like x 1
  3. Shadow Force Committed Player

Truer words have never been spoken, i honestly think most people are just jealous.
  4. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

ouch.
  5. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

I'm neither. But I'm not rich, or dumb enough to spend money I can't afford.
    A lot of people probably are jealous though, yes.
    The thing for me is that I don't usually go for any of this stuff. I have an og black smoke aura on my main. I bought it on the broker for $35m back in the day, because it was the first aura that I actually liked. I had never had an aura on my toons before that; didn't like 'em. It still looks good, and she wears it with her Bat outfit. Spending $35m on it just about broke my heart though.
    I then bought three nimbus auras for my alts, at about $5m each. All good value, considering what they sell for now. I'm not particularly keen on those auras though, but they are ok. I really do like the heart aura that was available during Valentines.. that's my fav one so far. Materials I haven't been moved by until the opalescent, and the stealth is good too. So, there are only occasional items like this that I like and want, when they would fit my toons very well.
  6. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I got both the Stealth and Opalescent Materials....I personally like the first one better but they are both better than that lame Blue Smoke Material. These items in the vendor are intended to be earned over time from a combination of buying and earning stabilizer keys/fragments. Basically a goal to work towards.
    • Like x 3
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

just out of curiousity: may i ask how many TC's you had to open for both of them?
    because it is pure luck (based on RNG) how many quarks you get and i realy wonder...
  8. Shadow Force Committed Player

I missed the OG Nimbus Aura back then i didn't have the money to buy the bundle nor did i know how to get that amount now i do, am i jealous of people having it yes, do i hate that people have it yes, but now i have an alternative that i can yes spend money on maybe a lot but at least i know i will eventually get it in my opinion in 3 - 4 months time. AND i think the prices are justifiable.
    • Like x 2
  9. Backblock Well-Known Player

Don't worry about the price.
    Continue to tell the staff more ideas for materials, auras and costumes so that they can put them behind an RNG wall or in the quark vendor with a 5k quark price tag :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  10. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Its seemed from the more opened the better the drop amount. But I didnt go crazy i just ended up taking quarks instead of common repeat items.
    • Like x 5
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

how many did you open?
  12. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

With what keys I earned, bought, and saved from last TC about 350-400.
    • Like x 2
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

i thank you for the honest response ;)
    i was calculating somewhere around 500 to open,
    but i cant calculate luck in numbers ^^
    therefore my calculation was based on bad luck
    (10 quarks for TC + 10 for the box) o_O
  14. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

lol no need to hate 'em :)
    Nimbus is okay in that it is just a decent aura, a bit smokey.. but there are plenty of alternatives now just as good or better. I might forget about the opalescence material and save for the diamond misted aura instead.
  15. Shadow Force Committed Player

Well the best way to get all the items is go on a low lvl toon and open time capsules i opened 20 gotham ones and got the whole batman beyond set and batman emblem didn't spend a dime on stabilzers well i sorta did 6 - 7 years ago when i bought the Lifetime sub :D but thats beside the point, point is it will roughly take 300 time capsules.
    • Like x 1
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

Jealous of ugly materials? Ok :rolleyes: An aura or material that is $200 is not aimed at whales? And there is how many of them? Maybe 1 day ill get to visit this alternate world where everyone has disposable income like that. Where people have thousands of dollars to spend on pixels. It must be nice having mommy/daddy credit card and have no other real world responsibilities.

I do not understand why its hard for others to understand value. 4 auras on the MP sell for $15. Now tell me the difference between those and the full body diamond mist aura? They are both auras, full body auras. And its 100% subjective. I could say the diamond mist aura is better looking and u may say the purple plasmic or white radiant is better looking. I dont mean for this to come across as rude so sorry if it sounds like way. But some of the stuff being said on here is plain silliness. Are one of those auras or materials worth the same as 25 armories? Or 20 respec tokens?
    • Like x 2
  17. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

As usual, you miss the foreest through the trees.

First of all, when something new is released, there will always be people who are jealous of those who can afford to get it now, vs. having to save up for it and wait. Its how we got he saying "the haves, and the have nots."

Secondly, and I know this is going to blow your mind, because you seem to have issues understanding that others might have a different view point than you own, but not everybody thinks they're ugly. And many of those that do, still want it because they are completionists. You see Light, different people usually have all sorts of different reasons for what they want.

And to your last point. Has the cost of a stabilizer gone up? Because there are more contents in them now with quarks. Which means the quarks cost you nothing, because if they didn't exist you'd still be getting the same things in a TC for the same price as you get hem now, plus quarks.

It's all about how you look at it. Perception if you will. I know you folks are real fond of that word(though not entirely sure you know what it means based on how some of y'all use it.)

the stuff I've bought off of the quarks vendor cost me no extra money, because I would have opened those TCs anyway.

Its a bonus, just like they called it.

The only thing that made it less than a bonus, was when there was a 4 point feat attached.

that's gone now.

Maybe, instead of insisting your opinion is right, and constantly saying "I just don't understand how people blah blah blah" you should start trying to see it from their point of view, and accept that even if you don't agree with their point of view, it is no more, or less valid than your own opinion(which you treat as "the standard" when its very rarely that.)
    • Like x 1
  18. FoolsFire Devoted Player

How I feel opening a Time Capsule:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

well, its not like the stealth material is something i don't want. i actually would want it. i guess. at least, i would have payed up to 30$ for it, if it would have gotten directly on the MP for that price. looking at the costs of quarks, i sayd to myself: "nope!" and thats ok. it is not bound to a feat, so i can choose if the price is worth the material or not. everyone can decide it for themselves... i just dont think that many will pay the price, but those hwo want to... well, have fun with it. its more like jewelery. you either spend money for a diamond or not. i am just not the kind of person who likes to wear overpriced luxory items to show off...
    • Like x 1
  20. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Well I would also count the base 10 quarks per capsule but I was getting 10s, 17s, and 48s as my highest count. And that didnt even factor in the extra 10s I would get when choosing them over common items. So with that i was able to buy the stealth mat, the aura/mat box, and a few variant body auras.
    • Like x 2