Pause the Time Capsules

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TestReporter, Oct 8, 2017.

1. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Then why aren't you playing the game instead of always here ranting about other people's business? It's not your wallet; and less SP for you means more of that challenge you want so badly. I say "want" - the issue is that you can't seem to be able to handle the game without every bit of SP available. I can only guess that's why this issue concerns you so greatly..unless you're just yelling.
  2. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Subjective values are not facts. You can yell and pout and stamp your foot, but it doesn't change it. Cow **** likely has no value to you; to some others it's the difference between life and death as a source of fuel for fire and heat. But hey - "fact" is cow **** is worthless. Everybody knows, right?

lol So you take credit. Calling it gambling and putting down other people who took part - that got the loot picker in there. Yep.
  3. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Then get to it. No one is stopping you.

The only one wanting to "keep up with the Joneses" is you - it apparently grates on your nerves that others get some SP through the same mundane methods we all used such as "find lex corp tower". That kind of thing added skill that certainly shows through in every player's performance.
    • Like x 1
  4. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

As long as they dont's put any owl man styles in the time capsules when the earth 3 episode comes out I wouldn't mind thme taking a break but if its in them then i say No way:p
  5. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Clearly you didn't read my entire post. "To each their own." Go back and read.

The business of time caps falls on the whole community..not just those who partake on it. Nice try.

And I hold my own quite well ...thanks. Apparantly you can't..otherwise you wouldn't be championing the feat purchase system.

And we both know I wasn't just talking about the newb feats earned in tutorial...give me a break
    • Like x 2
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Buying items off the marketplace for their listed value is not subjective.

Buying a ticket to the lottery is gambling; buying a stabilizer and opening a capsule is gambling.

But hey feel free to keep trying to twist and squirm to alter the facts it still won't change them.

If you want to spend money on stabilizers by all means do it, it's your money but let's not pretend they're even remotely similar purchases.
    • Like x 2
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

When the first BB came out.... I had like 9000 RB that I had accumulated through the year.
    Did not really need more at the time. ;)

Total Recovery kits??? How many did we get back then in BB?? When you can just buy RK if you need them??
    And today..... My inventory is filled to the brim with Exobytes.
    Who needs Recovery Kits when you have more Exobytes then you know what to do with??

Proto Repais bots??? I used maybe 5 in 6 years.
    Again.... I have a stack of them right now that I barely use.

The Aura???
    Other then the Nimbus...... all I got were Auras that you could get on the Broker for $500 000 to $1 000 000.

I can make $1 000 000 pretty quick in DCUO.
    No need to buy a BB to be able to get an Aura worth $1 000 000.

So no....... BB did not have anything that I really wanted or needed.
    ..... other then the rare items like Nimbus..... or the Cosmic mat.

And either I had to spend $100s to buy BB to get those.......
    or still had to buy them on the Broker anyway because even after spending $100....... I still did not get the item I wanted. :(
  8. TestReporter Loyal Player

Why Booster Bundles? Well, the bundles were actually just cosmetics, no feat and less RNG ( just for the aura).
    I respect your opnions, but frankly i dont know how can some1 likec TCs, its completelly p2w and just its existence drive many players away, you can spend 500 dollars and not get a single aura for feat.
    If you dont like bundles, you dont have to buy them, 100% optional. Capsules are optional, yes, no1 will kill u if u dont buy them, but you wont be able to get full progress in the game if you arent willing to spend a few thousand dollars. This is basicaly the big difference between optional definition in BBs vs optional definition in TCs.
    Even if you are rich and like to buy your progression, think abou the many players leaving bc of the p2w wall.
    Cellphone, sorry for errors
  9. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Let's also not pretend that with BBs you're buying a bunch of stuff you want and the chance at an aura is a bonus. How many repair bots, scanners and total recovery kits have you been buying by themselves since the last BB? You may have bought replays, but if you didn't want anything else in the box, then you just paid double normal price for replays to get a chance at an aura. You didn't even want or need the other stuff.

You're content in deluding yourself that you got some value from things you didn't want or possibly even use.
    • Like x 1
  10. EconoKnight XIII Legion

You deserve nothing if you don't pay. That's the reality and the business. If enough people don't buy them, it will change as the company finds a new revenue stream. But strong arming other players through attempts to shame them is slime. This active campaign to take away options is all that's ever heard from the same little contingent. Take away roleless buffs. Take away AMs. Take away time caps. There was not long ago those who said take away booster bundles (just put the aura on marketplace). Never seek to add anything - just want to press everyone else down and deny them.

I'm beyond tired of the implication that people are deficient, dumb, etc because they pay to play the game; and as we see here, you don't like being called deficient either. But please continue to put down everyone else who doesn't live up to your gaming standards.

But somehow you believe these collection feats from TCs shouldn't apply because feats should be "skill". Feats have never been all about skill, but that's what you push. It's a lie.
    • Like x 1
  11. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Pftt your entire argument is a lie..this game survived quite well before this pay to win system you love so much was implimented.

Again..I pay for my sub and that's it..and get along just fine..so your argument holds no water.

I don't shame people for being dumb enough to buy into the pay to win system..I actually feel sorry for them being duped into such a poor business model.

Feats should be about skill..teamwork and dedication. Not how much money you have in your wallet.

And truth be told..AM did ruin the experience by dumbing down to 12345 which also led to role exclusion and also steered the revamp from its initial intention....but that's a total different argument.
    • Like x 2
  12. Zneeak Devoted Player

Doesn't matter if a person wants it or not, the main point is the actual, granted value between the two products. Oh and we get it, you don't want to or can't play the game as much as some other people and still feel entitled to progression for not playing: Time Capsules grants you this and that's why you're defending them.

Your arguments are the most biased here, because you chose to ignore the negative impact of this gamble because YOU are personally benefiting from it in ways that you couldn't with a Booster Bundle.
    • Like x 2
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

Its amazing that every time this topic comes up people say things like "the game NEEDS TCs to survive" when they have no idea if thats true. Almost 6 years of new powers, new dlcs, 2 revamps, multiple legend characters, new maps, new styles, new weapon styles all w/out TCs. But yep game NEEDS these or else it will go under. Its ludicrous. And as soon as that silly line of reasoning gets brought up the debate is over because its nothing more then a guess. And when your entire argument is based around a guess? Well that kinda says it all.

The previous post before this one kind of sums it up too. Its odd to me that people cannot be honest about what TCs are and why they like them. If someone enjoys that RNG aspect and wants to buy feats why cant it be admitted?
    • Like x 2
  14. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

It's such an assinine argument to begin with..I can't believe this is still the topic of discussion.

The game had a healthy group of experienced players and vets who were totally all in to DC, with the occasional break. OC, AMs and this pay to win system pushed a lot of players out. This latest group of TCs was the final straw..especially after TCs were supposed to be done two releases ago.

[sarcasm= But hey..I am sure we all appreciate the graciousness of those like econoknight..to continue to poor an exorbitant amount of money into a model that ran so many off.[/sarcasm]
    • Like x 1
  15. light FX Steadfast Player

Whats also mind boggling to me is the "no one should care what i do with my money" argument. Well if a group of players continues to spend their money on a system that affects all players then yes people will care. This is common sense. And that kinda reasoning plus the game needs em excuse too, is why i dislike TCs even more. The fact that people have to come up with these odd reasons to justify them or twist things around tells the story.

Here is why i dislike TCs. I think players should be earning feats through running content. Not buying them with real money. Simple. Wonder if anyone who defends TCs will come out and say truthfully whey they like em. "They make the game money" is not a reason either. The game generates revenue in multiple ways. And why a player cares so much about the financial situation of daybreak ill never know. The people who run daybreak and their employees are the ones who get paid to worry about the financial situation. Not the customers.

They arent a public company so none of us own stock from daybreak. Think about this, i have AT&T as my isp and i could care less about how much money they make. They offer a service and i pay for it. Thats it. I wonder if we see AT&T customers on their facebook page praising how great they are when they charge customers more "because they need to make money." Just think about how silly that is. Using AT&T as an example btw. Someone could own stock in them so its not the best example. But didnt wanna bother finding a company that isnt public. Too early in the morning to think very hard :p
    • Like x 3
  16. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

It's cool I get it. The only thing we can do is to continue to voice our opinions about it...maybe one day it will hit home..but, I am afraid that the game will conclude before then.

The perception is the revenue they are pulling in atm far outweighs the opinions of those of us who actually want to see the game succeed.

That's why there are so many that have bought into pay to win...because they want to see the game continue as well. Unfortunately, they do not see the impact it truly brought.
    • Like x 1
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

Sadly you're correct. I have chased all the TC feats and got em all done. But that was done with ingame $. I regret spending tons of ingame $ on items i didnt even like or will never wear simply because they had a feat. After a full year of TCs now my behavior towards them will change going forward. I will only get items from them i actually like. For example the beyond gear. Great style. Have no issues going after that. But that energy vortex aura? Its a bootleg OG solar and imo doesnt look god at all. This is another reason why i dislike TCs. They can create subpar styles and people will chase them simply because a feat is attached. We all know if there was no feats many players would skip entire TCs completely because none of the styles appeal to them.
    • Like x 1
  18. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

That's true..they are in such a hurry to release a TC per dlc or event, that the lack of creativity starts to slip in, but yet they know people will line up to buy the keys to get the feats and move on.

Personally, I could care less about them...I just worked the broker and run the stabilizer instance as part of a necessary evil.

I even stopped buying replays..and haven't done so in several months.

Although, I enjoy playing, I stopped caring to continue to pay outside of my membership. Partly because of how the revamp turned out, but for the most part..it's because I have lost so many friends and leaguemates due to the system implimented.
  19. Napoleon Well-Known Player

Matter of preference, Time Capsules still suck IMO.
    • Like x 3
  20. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Uhmmm, no, he didn't say that at all. You're accusing him of making a blanket statement about all people who don't like TCs when he was talking to Proxy and specifically in reference to Proxy's position.

Just for the record Light, this is what a blanket statement where someone is prejudging an entire group of other people simply because they have a different viewpoint:

"And players would rather buy feats then run content to get em. I think thats become painfully obvious. People should just be honest and come out and say they wanna buy feats. Cause we all know thats what is really going on. And any other reasoning or justification is simply silly."

Do those words look familiar?

Try leaving your little bubble where only your opinions are valid. you'd be surprised at the rest of the world out there. Might even learn to accept that your opinion isn't the only valid one, and in fact, might not be valid at all sometimes.
    It'll be really enlightening for you.
    • Like x 1