LFG Suggestion

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saint Nutella, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Plowed In Loyal Player

Would an in-game message board be possible/worthwhile?

I think so.
    • Like x 2
  2. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Wait, so this past year the devs have been promoting newer players and vets playing together and you think they had an idea of how to go about this better? LOL!

It's all about the Benjamin's! We've had 1 QoL update since the revamp, skill point allocation. You think this was for us or so people wouldn't be as discouraged to change powers with over 200sp?

This won't happen, cause theres no money to be had. We will continue to play, go thru the pain, and come here to complain about it for the foreseeable fututre with zero fixes x coming to any of these suggestions, or any others as of late.

Remember, changes cost money and they will only do changes if money is made.
  3. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Awesome idea! I'd love video tutorials.
    • Like x 1
  4. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I mean sure it won't make direct money but if it keeps players-- leads to a decent population-- then I think it would be worth it in the long run.

This game is not new and unless someone is looking for a superhero MMO many believe that there are better options out there. Devs should be trying to keep the population they already have if they want them to pay money to the game.

Plus there was the excellent idea of video tutorials. Maybe the devs could just make a video illustrating how to use/activate/deactivate LFG and other chat options and put the video/link to the video on the Game Launcher. Or the welcome message in the game.

While doing this they should create seperate tabs for different tiers or at least increase the time intervals to prevent spam and to prevent players being overwhelmed by all of the messages.
    • Like x 1
  5. DCUO Addict Committed Player

There are a lot of great ideas on this thread. In my opinion, the new player experience would be greatly improved with (1) in game 'videos' similar to the one when you get your base/hideout, (2) level 10 non-dps role tutorial missions, and (3) making the LFG tab default.

I have no data to back this up, but I think DCUO probably has a higher than average number of new players that have never played an MMO before. Someone who loves comic books and/or superhero movies/TV shows sees a game where they can make their own hero/villain avatar and run around doing super stuff. Make the game inviting, and you've got them hooked. Make it frustrating to learn, and you've lost another customer.
    • Like x 3
  6. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Very well said.

I also want to add that this is among the few console MMOs so there are several console players who aren't familiar with this either.

Confusion is never a good thing, especially for new players who may not even care for the DCU, a complete turn off.
  7. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

Yes.
    Plus an in-game help chat channel, accessed and run by players, where experienced players can help out new players struggling with something.
    'I've fallen through the floor!!'
    'Just warp to rally.'
    'I'm stuck in a building!!'
    'Just warp to rally.'
    'What??'

Dunno if that still happens or not tho.. :)
    • Like x 2
  8. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

I've been playing DCUO for a few years (with a couple of breaks) and it's still the only MMO I've ever played. Exactly - gotta love dressing up and jumping rooftop to rooftop :D
    • Like x 1
  9. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Another idea that just occurred to me would be an area somewhere in the city. Perhaps a library or dojo type setting. Halls of Knowledge, learning center, or whatever you want to call the place. Give them terminals like the ones in the Hall Of Doom/Watchtower that tell you what the area is. Except maybe have a few different rooms. No portals or anything. Just kind of like the league hall except the different areas are put into categories. If they are truly considering the league hall themes or updating them then they could always rehash the two current themes (One for heros and one for villains) and then cut the areas up into combat, basics, and so on and so fourth. So it kind of incorporates some of the ideas above and provides a visual but within the game. That is the key here. Players do not want to go out of their way to look things up. We need something inside the game itself. This may be the easiest, simplest, and quickest idea yet. Plus as simple as it is it doesn't sound like it would take much time/effort to create. In fact if they give me the power I can make that for them guaranteed.

Exactly. I was 203 CR before I knew there was such a thing. Most of my friends were pretty high level when I shared that with them. It is a shame that it is not mentioned ANYWHERE in the game.

I feel your pain. If you looked me up on the feats website in my signature you would see that the majority of feats that I am missing are 8 man content. I did manage to clear all DWF/DWFe aside from one, but there are a great number of which that require cooperation from all 8 team members. I get lucky occasionally thanks to LFG. Still, it is something that I am not looking forward to. You picked a bad time to return. As soon as they announced the revamp was coming LFG was going crazy with feat groups. It gave me hope that this would be the new regular but it seemingly died the day the revamp hit. That is a trend we need to revive.
    • Like x 2
  10. McShotzz Well-Known Player

When i started soooo long ago i was wondered what people meant by "need troll". Just never clicked they meant controller. That and trying to learn the difference between what people meant between fos1-3
  11. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

I could get behind this.
    • Like x 1
  12. DCUO Addict Committed Player

One of the best stories that I read on the forums was about trolling. A new player queued into Kandaq as troller. He hit T to switch to that role, and started fighting. The more experienced players started yelling in chat, "Throw POT!" So he picked up one of the pots laying around in that first room and threw it. It's funny, but I actually think that was a pretty reasonable response.
    • Like x 3
  13. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Thats amazing, one of the biggest issues with dcuo is nothing in game is made clear for new players. To really learn anything past basic mechanics( if that even since people got stuck in tutorial) you have to go to outside sources such as the forums or youtube.
    • Like x 3
  14. MastaMind Dedicated Player

That made me lol for reals. Then I thought back to the time that me and a friend of mine were running something. Both real new to the game. The guy said "troll heal". We somehow interpreted this as my friend is a troll using healer as he was Sorcery and had a pet out. Now I realize that he was requesting that I give power as I was likely in controller role, and that he was requesting my friend heal him.
  15. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

That's a really nice idea!
  16. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

LOL Oh yeah That still happens and we still have a lot of players that have no clue how it happened or what to do to get back on the surface. I have given instructions to a number of players of how to escape.. Now the sad part bout half the time you then need to give a brief tutorial on how the map works because just saying " Use you map and warp to rally point" Can get you Question 2.. "How do I pull up my map?"

Seriously they need to spend more time teaching people how to PLAY this game.
    • Like x 1