LFG Suggestion

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saint Nutella, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Hey everyone I've a suggestion about LFG.

Obviously we the players don't have numbers of the population but there's a lot of talk saying that the game is dead, particularly for Xbox One EU, EU and the villain side on all servers.

I know that there are new players and players at every level but a lot of those players can't create their own groups simply because they don't know there's an LFG.

This suggestion won't help increase the population (might retain some new players though) but I think it's necessary in order for new players to be able to create their own groups.

Apparently the reason LFG is no longer default was because of spam. Because of this I have four different suggestions:

1. Set it back to default and increase the time intervals.

2. Have more clear instructions on how to adjust chat options.

3. Create a default LFG only chat tab.

4. Similar to #3, but create different default LFG chat tabs. For example have a T1-4 tab, a T5-T7 tab, and current endgame tab.

Thoughts?
    • Like x 15
  2. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yep.
    • Like x 3
  3. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I like.
    • Like x 3
  4. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  5. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]

And let us use skill points to lower the amount of time. Make stats matter again!
  6. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

No thanks, we don't need people buying Skill Points just to make LFG a brand new Trade Chat.

Trade chat gets spammed enough as is, and letting skill points reduce the cooldown just creates a global spam feast.
  7. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Love the suggestions, but the likelihood of them actually explaining something in DCUO? Im gonna give a solid -5 out of 10, with 0 being no chance, and 10 being highly probable.
    • Like x 3
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Can I add one idea? Can we increase the amount of text we can post in there? Now i understand the limit is there to cut back on the spam but with so small an amount of text available we all tend to abbreviate everything. Now for those of us that have been here far a while no big thing but if we are looking for ways to get the newer players on the channel it might help if almost the entire message was not in "special code" they have no clue how to read. LOL nothing drastic.. My god the last thing we need is posts so long they fill up the chat box... but a little longer so we can make it easier to understand what the leader is looking for.
    • Like x 3
  9. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

It's truly a shame. Honestly, apart from the mediocre premium system and heavy restrictions on F2P the biggest turn off for new players is probably confusion, which then leads to less new players joining which is probably why the lower tiers seem dead which also turns off players.

I really think there should be a guide, or easier way of accessing chat options because there are some chats that make things in the game easier. I believe that LFG- unless you have good friends or a good league- is absolutely essential to good gameplay. Fortunately the matchmaking system isn't so bad and from my experience it's pretty common to get the right roles, or at least one support role but there are still flaws. For starters people choose a role they can't play (accidentally or on purpose).
    • Like x 3
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I added my own smug meme to suggest I was kidding. :)
    • Like x 1
  11. Plowed In Loyal Player

Excellent ideas! I think #3 is the fastest and probably the easiest. Also most likely to be "found" by newer players. :)
    • Like x 3
  12. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Thank you! And I agree as well.

I believe they should increase the time intervals if they go with #3 though just because LFG would move so fast. That's unfortunately the reason why it was removed from default.

I think a smarter idea would've been to make a guide showing players how to turn off LFG or set new tabs for it instead of just removing the chat from the default tab because so many players don't even know LFG exists.
    • Like x 1
  13. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

True, plus (at least for alerts anyway) you can always turn role optional off, which is what I do.

But when it comes to raids, I would never raid at all if it werent for LFG and my knowledge of how to use it. Guides have been asked for here on the forums more times than I can count. At the very least there should be a guide mission on support role types and how to play them. It would of course be ideal for chat tabs and many other game functions too though.
    • Like x 3
  14. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Very well said, I agree completely.
  15. MastaMind Dedicated Player

This is exactly why I am not an old timer. I'm a huge DC Comics fan. I got this game when it first came out and again in 2013. Pretty much both of those times ended badly. The first time I had no clue how to do anything. So I might have completed the very first mission after the tutorial, but I did not actually complete it since I did not have a freaking clue on what the journal was. I remember trying to type to people, but I had no clue how to do that either. I still don't know how exactly a PS3 player would do this since PS4 has the big touch pad. In 2013 I think I figured out the journal but not the map. So I ran around the hall of doom forever trying to find whatever it was that I was supposed to find for that "Explore the Hall Of Doom" mission. After over an hour I called it quits and abandoned yet another character.

There was only one reason I made it this time. I brought friends with me. 6 of them were just as new as I was, but a couple of them had a head-start on me since I had to spend a day downloading the game. It was only because I had a team helping me and convincing me not to quit that I did not walk away for a third and probably final time. This is exactly why I have pushed so hard for things to change on that side of the game. I know that most people will not get behind it and push it because it does not directly help them since they struggled through everything and now know it all. So the developers putting time into that doesn't sound so appealing. Until you look at the big picture. It is sad but true. The revamp hurt our population. I looked at my friends list recently and I was absolutely shocked at the number of phenomenal players who either quit or coincidentally died at the same time this update hit. A few of them were ones who I know were looking forward to it. Anyway, whats done is done, but I know that this game needs to focus on the future. A big part of that future is catching and retaining new players. The best way I can possibly see to do that is to look at some fundamental things and change them.

I think the tutorial system needs to be adjusted majorly and combined with an upgrade to the mentor system. Players need a hands on way to learn things, but you cannot pile it all on them at once especially after they created this brand new character and are ready to go serve up their own brand of justice. The tutorial should cover the absolute basics. How to navigate the different menus, chat, movement, and things like that. I would then have the player run the tutorial and meet the mentor at the end of it. After meeting the mentor they should learn the basics of combat. Actually show them a visual of how to spend SP, create a loadout, etc. Then they should be thrown out into the open world, but they should also have the choice to summon that mentor anytime they get lost/confused or whenever they are ready to explore other aspects of the game. Like crafting, feats, etc. I completely believe that if more players were given the picture they could solve the puzzle. The way the system is now they are practically poked in the eye, blind folded, and told to put the puzzle together without most of the pieces. It is literally nearly impossible for someone entirely alone.

I mean some simple small changes could even help make a difference. If they don't want to take the time to re-wire a bunch of small things already in the game then at the least do the players the above mentioned solid. At least add LFG to the tabs by default, don't put players in the game with the "Push to talk" option enabled WITHOUT TELLING THEM HOW TO ENABLE IT!, and at least update the loading screens to tell some of the basic stuff like how to change chat channels and stuff like that. I know that this doesn't have $$$ written allover it, but for real more players = more TCs/memberships/expanded inventories and whatnot.
    • Like x 3
  16. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I agree with this a lot and relate to it so much I enjoyed reading it.

I began exactly 5 years from today and the only reason I didn't get frustrated and quit was because of my friend who guided me. The game is certainly not new player friendly.

My friends list is the exact same and so is the league I'm in. Before the revamp/around the launch I had over 10 friends and over 20 leaguemates. I quit shortly after the revamp was launched (not cause I didn't like the revamp) and logged on like 3 days ago. I only had 2 friends online and I was the only one logged on in my league.

In my opinion the game should make attracting and keeping new players a higher priority. Confusion is a very bad first impression, it's what kept me from playing other MMOs.
    • Like x 1
  17. Plowed In Loyal Player

Agree agree agree, mmo's survive if the player base survives. I mean all games do, but mmo's rely on group content at endgame, and you need groups to form (leagues or pugs). Give people the tools, ways to communicate/develop relationships, and then let them run with it.

If I pick up a product and don't know how to use it I'm probably not buying it. It makes good business sense to explain as much as needed (not totally overkill or handholding). I learned most of the extra stuff from word of mouth, like how to zoom out the camera. It's still surprising how many people don't know those little extra tips that make a world of difference in quality of life.

Invest a little more in making it more user-friendly and you might see player retention start to increase.
    • Like x 2
  18. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Well said.
  19. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

I like your suggestions! LFG is currently, and pretty much always has been, only useful for very end-game content.
    Reading through the thread, I agree with the comments about the confusing aspects for new players. I just wandered around Gotham on my own for months, trying to figure it all out. Some stuff I never got at all until somebody explained it to me in person. There is a lot to learn. Video tutorials could explain everything very simply and quickly.
    • Like x 2
  20. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Yeah, old raid feats are a ***** to get now. People don't do Amazon Elite anymore and I need all those feats. I never even did Amazon Elite and I returned about 3-4 months ago. That DLC has been out for 11 months too.

People also don't do DWFE so the Omega Beam 8 feat is actually hard to get people who wants to do the feat. Everyone always focus on new gear and skill points first and Episode 30 is coming next month. We need a break before Episode 31 comes out so we can return back to older stuff.

Some people on here will come in and say get a league. ***** please, not everyone is hardcore or does that. Most people hate Elite feats and if you don't do them when the content is hard. They become difficult to achieve as time goes on. Especially with Stats Revamp.
    • Like x 3