Lets be real about why I am quitting and others are too.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrDevilz, Oct 5, 2017.

1. MrDevilz Well-Known Player

This yet another post of a player quitting. If you don't want to read move along but I am going to be vocal about why the population is starting to really thin out on DC and what led to this.

In the beginning DC had a very popular game. The DC community had about 7 servers per a platform from the START. Sony made some very bad security decisions and was too lazy not to properly secure their network which led to one decline. This prompted SOE to merge all the servers (mega-servers) which led to a healthy population for everyone on his or her prospective platform.

However, SOE decide to shoot themselves in the foot and introduce immunity without consulting a large part of the community and more players quit. Whole leagues vanished over night. Things started to get a little better because FNL attracted attention to PvP and old players became curious. The community seemed a bit more active then and more players were happy to throw his or her money at the game. Then came AM/WM which nearly destroyed the population for both platforms. This caused MORE people to quit. For a year WM/AM made PvP pretty unbearable until we had a band-aid fix that still wasn't much of a fix. It just made powers like HL/ice some of the strongest powers while nerfing down any power that didn't rely on burst or relied on DoTs. While many people were involved in that band-aid fix, much of the feedback for HL and other powers were ignored. (Sound familiar?) People kept asking for a proper fix and never happened. This led to more people quitting the game. PC totally died out and yet another merge happened with PC/PS platform being merged.

Now flash forward to the stats revamp and we have developers basically saying we aren't properly showing how things in PvP are unbalanced or broken in the game. Many people have given examples and have shown proof what is truly not working or is unbalanced. This has killed much of the PvP community that put money into the game. People simply are tired and know nothing is ever going to change. And if you haven't noticed lately, the Watchtower and Hall of Doom have been pretty empty. Aren't things suppose to be full? Especially right after a new DLC? Lets be truthful about what happened. The PvP community that large played both aspects of the game (PvE/PvP) quit because the developers want to cash in on PvE and focus on that since "pvp makes no money". Here's a newsflash. Running the same content over and over gets BORING. People like to PvP because it gives him or her something else to do in game other than run the same content over and over. And a lot of people simply did PvE to have the most SP and most stats in PvP to destroy other players in PvP. Trust me. SP has always helped and it still largely matters in PvP. Anyway, the game is starting to die again because PvP has been ignored. Players from OPT/HoB/Nightfall and many other well known players have decided to quit until a proper PvP fix has been put into place which is properly never. I don't understand how Daybreak is so out of touch to understand that. You couldn't at LEAST fixed Legends PvP? So many abilities aren't even working proplerly and Daybreak ignores it? What gives? Oh I know. Money. It doesn't give Daybreak money.

Now lets move to Time Capsules, Quarks, and content. When Time Capsules first were introduced, the community didn't welcome it with open arms and we still don't. I simply started ignoring anything attached to time capsules unless I had the money to buy it off of the broker. Many others did this and we survived by doing that. I mean we were able to get styles and feats by ways of the broker which was fine. Then Daybreak decides to put $300-$500 in a vendor with "Quarks". That is a huge smack in the face and it shows Daybreak truly is out of touch with its community. Now they weren't perfect from the beginning but it was bearable. Now it is simply unbearable. The content has become stale and overly recycled. The content is not good anymore and it's repetitive and clearly a cash grab with how the feats are tied to your mods, gear, and everything else. It is simply expensive to keep up now. If you are going to make the game more expensive at least let the content and the gameplay reflect it. However it doesn't. The game is getting worse and worse beyond which I can handle anymore. Daybreak has become oblivious and so out of touch with its community it's not even funny. Yeah they may do stuff here and there and act like they care but they don't. If they did care, the bugs and problems that have pleague this game for more than a year would be fixed. Pay2win feats, greed, crap content, bugs, and overall the garbage state of PvP has drove me to uninstall this game.

Btw the population that DC has right now is that population PC had right before it started to totally die. So watch what happens in the next 6 months. There won't really be anyone left. I am sure I didn't get all the events but this is what I largely remember.
    -S
    • Like x 10
  2. MrDevilz Well-Known Player

What's with my thread? People were removed from it.
  3. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Yes.

Good luck with your new adventures in whatever you decide to play.
  4. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

See ya.
    • Like x 1
  5. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I super agree with your section on the PvP.

We've been told that videos and explanations are "extremely helpful" yet they contradict themselves and say that they don't understand how it's broken.

Spot on for the most part except for the population in my opinion. Not because I disagree but just because I don't know.

I will say though that when I logged on last night it was more dead than I've seen it since before the server merge. Of course there could be different reasons though, such as the fact it was a weekday, school just started and this episode doesn't really incline people to want to play from what I've read. Regardless that just shows that something needs to be better.

Also don't know if you mentioned this but the game is becoming increasingly more expensive than it should be. I'm not even gonna compare it to other games but just look at the past. Sub was worth it because all the perks were intriguing and in fact I would have even paid $30 back then. Now we have "perks" such as the free promethium lockboxes, daily vault pass and etc that hardly matter IMO. There are few reasons as to why people sub nowadays. If I ever come back the only reason I would ever sub is because of the cash cap for premiums which basically forces those members to buy time capsules if they want to improve.
    • Like x 2
  6. MrDevilz Well-Known Player

Legendary "perks" are a joke.
    • Like x 4
  7. MrDevilz Well-Known Player

Legendary would make more sense is it had an effect on lockouts. Players shouldn't be locked out of a raid for a week. They have that model completely and utterly wrong. Every game I've had a paid membership reduces lockouts except for DC.
    • Like x 7
  8. Wallachia Devoted Player

Wait, did you cancel your membership on October 5th or May 10th?
    • Like x 3
  9. MrDevilz Well-Known Player

October.
    • Like x 1
  10. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Same here.
  11. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

I agree 100%. Members should, at the very least, get to obtain the styles without paying replays. There are so many styles in content that could be obtained without replays. If they're not going to release style unlocking in the near future, change the loot locks for members in the meantime.
    • Like x 1
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Your missing that little perk. They are called loyalty points and replay badges. Both of which, we get a decent amount for free every month. DCUO is not those other games. Honestly, there really isn't much out there to compare. Which is why comparing other games to this one is wrong. I quit final fantasy when it was first out cause of those lock outs. You weren't just locked out of marks, you couldn't even go back in and help friends.

Your only argument that warrants a +1 is PvP. If you go back and watch the original revamp webcast. Jackster comments on PvP were funny, and they've basically said the samething for the past year plus. My opinion, it's hard to balance something with two, or more, totally different outlooks on PvP. Especially now that old players have returned. Most from that era want the RPS system back for roles. Current pvpers, those from about the time of PC merge, they have a different view of PvP. Not saying either is better or which they should do. But I feel this has been their biggest problem with PvP. No real direction on which way it should go, or be played.
    • Like x 1
  13. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

About the PvP. I definitely see where you're coming from- and I agree- but for me and many others it's not so much the direction of PvP. The issue are the issues. Sure I'd personally love RPS to come back if it could fix balancing issues but there are other bugs and issues with PvP that make it annoying to play.

My issue is that the players have outlined all of the problems and provided proof that's supposedly very helpful yet they are still unclear on how PvP is broken AND we have not seen any worthwhile adjustments.

That said, it might not even be worth it. None of my PvP friends, or enemies for that matter, even play anymore because a whole demographic of players have been neglected. It's a shame because all of my friends had hope since the revamp. I mean even open world became decent. I still have a tiny bit of patience left for PvP but I won't hold my breath.
  14. kingmasternova Loyal Player

Dlc are a little useless with lockouts.
    You should play at your own pace.

PvP need to be fixed but people do need to explain what is broken.
    Don't make a video showing what is wrong.

Explain on this site!

The thing that I would like to be removed from the game is the hard stun.
    If you have power to break out you should break out.
  15. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

See this is the thing, people have laid out many problems and even explained them (in fact I made a PvP thread and I'm fairly certain that it was the poster of this thread who laid out the problems very well). On top of that we've literally been told that videos are extremely helpful.
  16. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

Dude I can't believe that you're quitting after just rejoining. I'm sad to see you go bro I hope that you find what you're looking for. I got to say I don't really agree with PVP being all that important but I do admit that that's as a player who hates PVP to begin with.
    • Like x 1
  17. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

its really very simple. this is the way America works now. well, the world. make the biggest piece of crap you can. sell it for as much as you can. and when they complain, and they will...you say...were looking into it.

its everywhere. and why people always seem so shocked by it is just, beyond logic anymore.

this game could be GREAT! the game everyone wants to P2P. but...you have to spend money to make money. and we just cant have that anymore...
  18. MrDevilz Well-Known Player

If you think I am just quitting just because of PvP, please reread the post.
  19. MrDevilz Well-Known Player

500 SC doesn't equate to much of nothing. In fact, lets compare another game. Tera grants EMP, reduces cooldown on dungeons within hours instead of having to wait a week for a raid to cooldown. I don't care to hear that argument. Other games have better monthly perks by a FAR margin.
  20. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

The population has taken a deep dive ques don't pop like there suppose to lfg is dead on some days the watch tower/Hod smh .I've had friends quit I mean idk what's going to happen in a year.