***SPOILER*** CONTENT AND COSTUME IDEAS ***SPOILER***

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Vesper, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Vesper Dedicated Player

*****SPOILER WARNING*****

Based on the events of Batman #32.

*****SPOILER WARNING*****

Seriously, don't complain if you are still here.

[IMG]

So Batman propsed to Catwoman and in issue #32 she accepts!

How will this affect DCUO?

Things we could see:

DLC based on the lead-up and actual wedding.
    Wedding/glamorous attire
    Base items like altar flowers, long banquet tables, party streamers, even silly crepe-paper bells.
    The Robinson Park Gazebo decked out in flowers and satin bows with a rose-strewn aisle-runner leading up the steps.
    :eek: CATWOMAN'S ORIGINAL DRESS :eek: (I can hope)

The time is now to brainstorm. What's your idea for the purrfect wedding-themed things for Bats & Cats to bring to DCUO?????
    • Like x 6
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Sorry but the whole Riddler vs Joker idea should've been great as an event, but look how many people complained about how that was turned into an episode.

I'm not against this idea as Catwoman Assisted the Evil Batman in Origin Crisis, but I'd rather have this as an Event instead of a DLC. Unless this arc turns out to be something big or really popular.
    • Like x 1
  3. The Anxient Loyal Player

The reason ppl have complained is the content is lacking not the idea of the content. Same complaints were made during starro so those complaints would be there whether it was an event or episode.
    • Like x 1
  4. Aquajet Well-Known Player

No disrespect intended, but this is a super hero/villain game. The percentage of the player population that want wedding gowns and frilly things are so minuscule that it simply wouldn't make sense to bring this idea or these base items and styles to fruition. If this was PSHome I'd understand this request, but no one wants to fight crime in a wedding veil.
  5. Megzilla Developer

Youd actually be surprised lol
    • Like x 11
  6. OhSicks Well-Known Player

7. Aquajet Well-Known Player

Hehe. Ok, I'll bite. Is this statement based on the threads that are always created by the same few people here on the forums asking for these things, or is it based on the actual playing population of the game, and if so, how do you know people want wedding gowns to go with their matching hand blasters? :D

It's tough enough not getting decent new styles when competing with all the iconic ones we keep getting lately. These kinds of styles would turn a lot of people off if it's content they're paying for. I agree with Jacob that this would be better suited to an event, though I still think it wouldn't go over well with the majority of the population. Just my opinion of course, but if you have numbers that say otherwise I'd love to see them. ;)
    • Like x 1
  8. comrade sonya Committed Player

Most mmos have dresses, if not wedding dresses, available for purchase. We only have the formal set so I'd say there's definitely a market for more :)
    • Like x 5
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

Its interesting to me that many players dont seem to care about the quality of content we get but instead want 1 specific style and they are happy. And i dont mean anyone in particular. Ive seen stuff like that said all over these forums and ingame by many players. "All i want is this hat or this pair of boots and im happy." Im a style junkie in this game but lately imo there is way too much of a focus on style. Id much rather have the focus be on better more interesting content. But thats just me. Plus some styles like the lab coat, which has been requested going on 5 years now, is still not in the game despite npcs having it.
    • Like x 3
  10. Aquajet Well-Known Player

And I'd be fully on board with those items being put into the MP to sell. That would be the true test to see just how many people want these styles, but my guess is they wouldn't do that because the devs know they'd fail even worse than the few styles they already have in there now. I'm not even kidding, they should totally throw some of these new styles into the MP and see the reaction. If the demand is truly there and outweighs the desire for more appropriate comic book styles, then great... DCUO generates some extra money. Win win! :D

Putting them in a DLC that is required to progress in the game is a bad idea for the majority of the population, since they want styles that are relevant to the topic of the game, which is super hero's and villains.
  11. comrade sonya Committed Player

Well super heroes/villains are really diverse and the styles they wear don't necessarily have to be tight suits or tech suits. The T4 sets were fantasy inspired so not every content release will be "typical wear". I dont see why a brief/collection reward in a DLC couldn't offer a dress, it doesnt have to be the vendor gear style :p
    • Like x 2
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Your joking, right? Styles and base items are THE THING for quite a few people. I'd venture to even say there are less end game players that role players, base designer, or whatever else people enjoy doing. Why do you think the only marks most are OK with being in the market place are the holiday marks? Styles and base items.
    • Like x 5
  13. Aquajet Well-Known Player

I agree. I'm also a style junkie, but I'll settle for less iconics and just things I can utilize across a number of toons. Some of these threads feel like people are playing this game for the wrong reasons, and would be better suited to hanging out in SecondLife. I can appreciate that some of the female gamers don't feel represented well enough (or men who want to make female toons), but some of the requests I've seen have no place in this game, and I've even seen some from the lgtb community that are outright inappropriate for it in the past.
  14. Aquajet Well-Known Player

Nope, I'm not joking at all, and the truth is, I'm a base builder and total style junkie. I just don't think wedding themed things fit the overall concept of the game or deserve being implemented based on the number of players that can't utilize these styles a small percentage of players want.

Hey, I'd totally be down with adding these things to the Valentines day event, since it's all about frilly pink things and dinners for two. Making them DLC related? No thanks. My guess is I'm not in the minority in this thinking either. Then again, there does seem to be a history of catering to the whims of the few, so I suppose it's not completely out of the realm of possibility that it will happen. Hopefully not though.
  15. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I've been saying for years on here to have a bride and groom set for each gender respectively for Valentine's Seasonal.
    • Like x 3
  16. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I hear Valentine's Seasonal usually hits test around January time ;)
    • Like x 1
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

Im cool with people requesting wanting styles. But id like to see more of a focus om mechanics in content. Button mashing tank n spank is so boring to me. But i guess ya need that certain style to look good doing it :p
    • Like x 2
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

I think some people are ok with seasonal marks being on the MP because they can buy what they want instead of having to grind the event for what they want ;)
  19. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

It shouldn't have any effect on the game.

Remember that DCUO is based on a time prior to the new52 crap and as such anything currently in the comics isn't apart of it. Sure we have gotten some newer styles over time and people are thinking that the latest episode is based on a current storyline (more luck of timing, its not like similar gang wars haven't happened before) but all in all the connections have been kept very loose.

I am really hoping they keep the connections to the current comics as loose as possible. DC has such a vast, rich history to tap into that it would a shame to limit the game to the whims of the continually changing comic book market.
  20. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I'd say yes to the dress.
    • Like x 3