Devs,......Please Be Careful......

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Helios The Eternal Flame, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Thanks man.....
    • Like x 1
  2. HarryHell Well-Known Player

Stuff like TCs, enourmous grinds, bad revamps and lack of crativity in new content have driven them away.
    Devs have gone from "not listening to players" to "afraid of stepping on players shoes", to "we listen to a selected few" to "we don't really listen but if massive protest we adjust and corrupt until it kinda looks like we listen".
    The 3rd one destroyed the game for many, as few was given to much power, vets outside of the selected few wasn't listened to and started giving up voicing their opinions. The 4th and current are driving away many still.
    We were many warning around making the revamp this way, they didn't listen, we warned about feats in TC, they didn't listen, many warned about content being to easy and mindnumbing, they didn't listen.
    I can go on and on.
    People willing to fight for something only remain when it's worth fighting for, sadly this game is less and less worth the fight.
    Only people like ChillCat will remain when the "ship" goes down chanting "SUPERGREAT" while it's sinking
    • Like x 4
  3. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

One day you'll have to let me know how this pay to win thing works. I have changed powers, used my monthly replays here and there, but never felt any part of the game is pay to win. I'm on for an hour or two each night. More on the weekends if i have time. So I don't put tons of hours into the game.

Pretty sure you can get to around 300SP without any of the TC feats.

So again I ask, where is the pay to win?
    • Like x 1
  4. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

Here is my suggestion.

Make Stabilizer Fragments drop something like 1 every 2 hours of active game play(ie. kill x amount of mobs per hour). Sell Boost that will cut that in Half (ie (kill x amount of mobs perhour)/2) every 1 hour. This way the undeads that play 18 hours a day for free can get what they want and the whales can make it shorter. No pay 2 win with that as you still have to play to get the drops, just that it shortens the grind if you have a job/kids and the old ball and chain busting your play time, while the kids living in mom and dads basement can play all day for free.
    • Like x 1
  5. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Why does having feats attached to TC offend anyone. It does not interrupt anyone's game play. If I chose to open a TC and I get a feat from that, what is that to you. I chose to open and it has nothing to do with your game play. The forum is a small percentage of people playing and I have been monitoring everyone's opinions. To me it does not change the way I play if someone I don't even know gets a feat from opening up a TC. If the creators of the game wants to put feats into TC, why does it bother anyone. I said this before but my favorite part of the game is grinding for feats. Not from TC but from the episodes, ect. imo
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Because it was used so much by the toxic players that wanted to be jerks and play the game their way. In other words, like jerks. So it got cen-sored with W-hite K-night, sla-p in the fa-ce, and el-ite and comp-etent. lol

edit: and apparently cen-sored is also blocked. lol
    • Like x 1
  7. HarryHell Well-Known Player

Because feats are progression, this game offers 3 kinds of progression, gear (most important one), modding, and feats. As paying for a service that back in the all day promised it was all you needed for progression no longer is enough it bothers people. Yeah in the end you can get enough feats outside of TC's to have a great number, and get all important stats for your role (unless you are a tank wanting all dom and health).
    We have progression locked behind a wall that will never be free without someone spending huge amounts of money on an rng system.
    Mepps claimed opening using 250-500$ on stabilizers you would get your money worth, this is a straight out lie, as we never before TC had to use money outside of the sub to get a feat and you will get duplicates. Using that amount wont guarantee you all feats, nor all styles, in fact you wont be able to buy all styles from the tc vendor using this amount.
    Booster bundles was more fair (not completely as still rng), but you got scanners and replays along with aura or material and no feats was attached to them, if i remember correctly devs said no feat never would be attached to them.
    The massive grinds from "best gear on vendor and op collections" and the TC's makes progression more of a pain and a bore, along with this failed revamp is driving people away in a record speed.
    • Like x 3
  8. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

I am definitely one who is averse to the direction that seasonals are taking. To me they should be fluffy little distractions w/ some cool prizes. They shouldn't have gear w/ stats in my opinion. Especially not ones that are 50 marks for each piece. The vault, larger events, and DLC trial periods have that now so it is unnecessary here. and 400 to 500+ marks to get all the goodies for just one toon?? Really??
    • Like x 3
  9. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Yeah, I agree the revamp has failed in alot of ways. But, tc only give out a few sp points and really does not hurt anyone. On a positive note, we can use tc to make in game money. There are pros and cons to just about anything.
  10. BumblingB I got better.

In the 90s, there was a commercial about drinking water purification. It had a pregnant woman taking a drink from the tap water. With it saying "a little lead wont hurt anyone" then it zoomed out and did it again with 4 of her. Then 16 and so on. It was to represent that lead is okay to consume in a small dosage once in a while, but lead builds up in your system and takes a while to get out of your system. So a little bit over a long period of time has harmful side affects in the long run.

This is how I view the feats attached to the TC items. You could ignore them every time, but it starts to build up. The gear has a CR based power scaling. Eventually you would hit a wall that having those TC feats that you would be hindering yourself not going for them. It is a costly one click RNG grind that players need to worry about. Progression should be in the content only.
    • Like x 3
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The way you described it is the accurate meaning of the phrase. Idiots decided to hijack the phrase to mean freedom to play the way you wanted (as in style of play, who to play with etc...). It got so ridiculous that they added it to the cen-sored list to prevent any further overuse of the phrase (it was used damn near every day for no good reason).
    • Like x 1
  12. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Wow lol
    • Like x 1
  13. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

yeah, however its not much of a progression though. So, if some I don't know opens a TC and does not bother me because I am working on my own progression. It ok for people to open tc for feats and whatever, because the progression is too minimal to make a difference.
  14. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Minimal? Do you know how many skill point are attached to TC? What about the toys that fall? The one I had for AOJ boosted the groups stats by 10%. That's huge now.

Feats have no place in TC and I'd be very happy if they were all removed.
  15. BumblingB I got better.

Minimal for ONE TC. You get like what, 2.5SP? What about 10 TC? 25? At what point does it stop being minimal and actually significant?
    • Like x 1
  16. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

yeah i hear ya, but as far as it affecting our game play, i think it is minimal. i understand that sometimes we get a person at end tier content that does not know what to do but, i run most of my raids and alerts with my league mates.
  17. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

I don't want to sidetrack the thread, however I respectfully disagree that the revamp failed, my opinion of course. Weapon mastery and AM's were disaster in every way. The entire premise of those changes were to make mediocre and average DPS's substantially better. And they did. It made people believe that were good, with no skill whatsoever,.....and they weren't even close. Furthermore, while we were essentially buffed, the bosses were not. It created a population of players that did not know how their powers really worked. Enter the Stats Revamp. I have been here through Alpha, Beta, and launch, this is the closest we have been to balance we have ever been, if such a thing can even be achieved. Removing skill from the game with WM and AM's, and then putting skill back into the game was bound to leave many players becoming frustrated and disenfranchised. You've made a large segment of the pop mortal again , and they don't like it. WM and AM's never should have been introduced.

Case-in-point : I have a guy in my league that was a pure Troll, and a damn good one. However, he was DPS impotent. Couldn't DPS to save his life. WM and AM's are introduced. He watched a youtube vid, and became god-like in damage dealing. He was doing so much damage, in fact, that he became a full-time DPS. After the Revamp, he is thoroughly frustrated and angry he can no longer hit a simple series of buttons and be at the top anymore. Many are where he is. Lastly, instances like Inner, FOS 2, Prime, Nex, and Dox, should never, and I mean ever have been soloable or smashable. When those instances came out it took many hours and sometimes months to beat. Only to allow someone to run through it like an enema. Go back and check the old forums, we complained. We said it basically is devaluing your own content. They didn't listen. Now they went back and changed what we said that they shouldn't. If they would stop making decisions like this, it would prevent them from having to waste time going back to fix stuff that shouldn't have been messed with.
    • Like x 2
  18. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Yeah, I understand however a level 212 should not be clamped inside a lever 86 or level 100. We earned our cr and we should not have to play the old instanced as if we are a level 86 or something. Have tried to go after dr light? Also not all powers are equal. and that is where it failed the most, imo
    • Like x 1
  19. Shelly Active Player

I agree this will take me 2 weeks to finish this feat from the event vendor :(
  20. DC Urban Committed Player

The game is fading, hence methods of pay to win where added, as a result, it drove some people away. P2W is a last ditch effort for an mmo.
    • Like x 1