AM vs pftt

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by pitbullb3, Sep 19, 2017.

1. BumblingB I got better.

You can do that with a weapon too!!! Matter of fact, it's easier with a weapon, as you don't need power to hit it. If you used up your last bit of power breaking out to get back up, you can't hit another power.

I don't get it, what are you trying to prove?
    • Like x 1
  2. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Not trying to prove nothing, just pointing out how pftt is easier. You can't do that with a weapon because the last hit is the money shot. I get knocked back or hit, I have to start from the beginning with a lost of damage
  3. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Quantum user here, we had how many?

Is this the thread where we start the misinformation topics?

If so, then...dominance effects agro, there I said it first.

Smh

And you were here long enough to know better, stop playing with the newbies, they don't know when your serious.

Dominance does not equal aggro...wink wink.
    • Like x 2
  4. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

The agenda is plainly laid out. OP wants to instigate a "good players" vs. "easy mode" players divide because the OP is unhappy with revamp for reasons that are not actual reasons, like this one.

the only similarity between PffT and AMs is the consistent 12345 aspect and non use of weapons. Which was going to happen no matter what, because there's a tray holding our powers in any order we want, but only an idiot wouldn't put them in the easiest input order possible.

There is no exponential damage.

There is no power back mechanic.

Your thing is not a thing pitbulb, no matter how many times you try and push it.
    • Like x 3
  5. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

What combo is every rage dps is using right now? I have no agenda. Everything I had to say is in the 1st post
  6. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

lol earth c'mon now, earth can be attacking 1 sparing target and be hitting the other side of the target the person isnt even at lol

balanced eh?

and before you try to start in on me, no I've not been out DPS'd by a earth DPS my CR or higher ;)

and idk what you are talking PFTT is just as interrupt-able as a AM rotation.

and as I've asked before why do you care what others are doing or how a person plays the game?

sounds like a dictatorship anymore on these forums
  7. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

It's no power back mechanic, but your main stat and power is in the same category.
    A build up to power took a little effort with AM, pftt is just spamming powers with no rhyme or reason. I have no agenda, I use weapons.
  8. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Why do you care about what or how I post. A little ironic right? The earth comment prove my point. JH spam is there because the blocking counter was taken out
    • Like x 1
  9. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

flexibility with AMs

LULZ

ofc you didnt have a issue with AMs, your main is SORCERY for crying out loud, it was 1 of the top powers, and you walked around thinking your s*** didnt stink in-game.
    • Like x 3
  10. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

When have you ever seen me say anything in game? It's not a player in dc that can tell you I ever said anything negative about anyone. I've been sorcery since t4 and technically sorcery AM have no flexibility so I don't know how you came to the conclusion. My #$%@ don't stink lmao idk even know where that came from
  11. Mazahs Loyal Player

HL actually can put up "Rage type" numbers when using melee moves. LW , whips etc. The difference between these and Earth is that in general HL melee actually pulls you right into the boss/adds and I mean POINT BLANK.

Why in general you don't see this, I can only assume it is because at Range with single or multi target HL can also do very well. BUT I can tell you without any tricks Light is only bested by Rage at melee and its a very small number. I would also venture a guess and say most people don't clip heavy enough with light or simply don't understand it to be effective. If you have played light pre GU36 you understand how to clip with it and be very effective.
    • Like x 3
  12. BumblingB I got better.

It's not easier than weapon combos. It is easier than hybrid, but hybrid would also do more damage overall as a reward for it's complexity.

You are also contradicting yourself. You are trying to prove that A) PFtT is easier than weapon or hybrid playstyles which is a debatable conversation which is more skill based in nature and B) PFtT is the same as AMs. IT'S NOT.
    • Like x 2
  13. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Hybrid should do more damage, but it does not. It provides the same 10% might bonus as PFTT. The extra restoration, vitalization, and dominance do not help with dealing damage. Weapons return power slower than PFTT. To play the hybrid playstyle, it is recommended to use PFTT and then spec might/precision equally right now. They need to fix the hybrid option since only the ignorant will use it (I was ignorant and using it when the three options came out, so that is not meant as an insult).
  14. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

read what I said the guy I saw was at a sparing target ;)

for the record I have seen JH spammers get interrupted while trying to spam it, why else would they bring breakout trinkets and immunities with them?
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

PFFT is easy mode now and AM's weren't?

I'd strongly disagree, with PFTT I can't mindlessly spam endless EMP's over and over again; I have to use constraints and keep watch of how many abilities I use and keep an eye on how much power I have left.

AM's never forced me to check on my power bar, I never had to watch out for what abilities I used; and AM's really just forced you into one very specific and cookie cutter rotation for the most part.

Say what you will about PFTT, but saying it's easier than AM's.. We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.
    • Like x 3
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

What you say above is not untrue...but that's not the REAL AM is easy mode vs Pfft. What made AMs easy mode is that to get top damage there was an easy to follow 1-2-3-4 script for the big damage, and nothing else in the power tree mattered....not even for situational settings. Once people figured out what that exact formula was, pretty much everyone was doing the same damn thing. You could actually wtch a toon and in seconds figure out their rotation. The same cannot be said for Pftt.

Yes, it is simple in comparison...a goal the Devs clearly stated they wanted to reduce the skills gap in the community at large. Tht said, despite the fact that there are some cookie cutter optimal loadouts, with the exception of Earth, Nature and Rage there are a much wider variety of loadout options that are creating different rotations with varying degrees of success for different individuals. Cookie cutter loadouts/rotations are unavoidable...after all, we're limited by consoles and 6 power slots. But because we have more choices, and because most people don't play the same, one optimal loadout won't always play the same for a different individual. So you'll get two people with the same powerset doing different things and getting similar results. As opposed to AMs, where if you weren't doing the one or two 1-2-3-Boom rotations, you were left behind...sometimes in the 10s of millions.

You may not want to recognize the difference between the two, but they are there...and the people that wanted to mindlessly press the prescribed buttons in the exact order ad-naseum are having a fit adjusting with what "appears" to be random button mashing (you will always mash buttons...just not in the same monotonous 1-2-3-4 simon says pattern).
    • Like x 3
  17. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

I played light for a very long time in the past so I am not unfamiliar, just a little out of practice.. I wanted to check out the battle support role capabilities of the power is the reason I switched. So far I am loading up on what you have mentioned above. It is by far easier to do damage with HL than mental (battle support), but I do miss invisibility's options., especially for battle trolling..

Sorry, didnt mean to derail OP, back to topic...
    • Like x 1
  18. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

stopped reading when you said 'limited by consoles'

there are console game that allow you to use more then 6 abilities JS ;)

so saying its b/c of console is just childish at best.
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Ummm...Weapon Mastery and AMs pretty much happened BECAUSE of the previous lead systems designer intent to balance everything. Yes, someone will bring up that Weapons Mastery was actually supposed to be their attempt to give players what they were actually asking for....on the fly weapon switching ala Deathstroke. But along the way they were looking to balance powers and deal with some of the power creep they created in T5. Things morphed as they went along and the rest is a sordid history.

Avair, the new lead systems designer, wanted to take a different approach to achieve what was originally intended, and that meant removing Weapon Mastery bonuses (but keeping the combos), AMs and the dreaded CR differential. As you can see from the end results (WM/AM/CRDiff and now Stats Revamp), it's not as simple as anyone would like it to be. As it is, a better foundation has been laid out, so now they're working out the kinks in the system as they get ready to eventually expand and add more to the game.
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

What you're pointing out is one powerset out of many lagging behind in damage, now that things have been laid out, it can be fixed without having to overhaul everything else. Also, Optimal loadout with Pftt is not even remotely close to optimal loadout under AM rules. You can do a loadout for fire with or without Fire Burst and/or Mass Detonation. You couldn't do that under AMs...because there was no optimal loadout without one or both of those (there is now).
    • Like x 5