Episode 29 Riddled with crime - Joker?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Pingvinozavr, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

Still haven't gotten a chance to test the actual content from new episode myself, but does anyone can clarify what is up with the Joker in this episode in terms of voice acting? Does he have any new lines and if so does Mark Hammill still voicing him or they changed the actor?
  2. Swiftduck Loyal Player

If it's not Mark it better be sub titles only
    • Like x 1
  3. Koriand'r Well-Known Player

Ah, better, I don't miss that crazy, maybe he got a cold, let him rest.
  4. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

It's time to replace the Joker's voice actor so we can have him show up more.
    • Like x 2
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

There's just no reason to shelve the Joker over Hammil. Kevin Michael Richardson did a good job too in The Batman:

And I imagine he's far more attainable even though he is currently voicing Shredder on Nicks TMNT toon, Groot (among other characters) on Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy toon, and Principal Lewis on American Dad.
    • Like x 2
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I've heard you only see him in the raid, having been transformed into a Manbat before you arrive. Bit of a cop-out if that's true, so hopefully I'm wrong.
    • Like x 1
  7. Megan Morzz Level 30

Ah I can't believe it, has the Joker been a Man-Bat?
    He might used the Man-Bat trincket :D
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I don't want to spoil too much unprompted, so all I'm going to say for now is that he very possibly wasn't transformed voluntarily.
  9. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Troy Baker does The Killing Joke

10. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Mark would be the best choice though. They could bring Trickster back in as well since he pretty much does the same voice for both guys -_-
  11. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

So no new lines from regular Joker, have I got it right?
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

well, since the harley quinn voice disaster, one could assume that they simply can't make a fail like that again...
    at one side, they are trying to reduce costs for sure, on the other hand i remember how much of a sucks$ TC's are...
    well, since the grafics are rather "classic"... voices are a way, players are in desperate need to recognize the characters.
    that sayd, mark hamill is good, maybe the best, but not the only one hwo brings a great performance... others can do it too.
    but it will better not be a complete new voice actor that has only the lowest price as a reference... details: they are important!
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

also: sometimes the reason if a caracter is liked or not, depends a lot by his or her voice... well, if he or she is not allready established as a character in the comics at least... if the character is new in a video game, the voice can be his doom or gloom. compair raidens voice for example in the japanese MGS2 version: it is sonorously, just like the voice of an old man. in the american version, he sounds like a girl... the fact that he was the new main protagonist didn't help much, but he was taken with a grain of salt in japan i heared... also compairing raiden in MGS4 were he turned into a cyborg ninja badass over the top multikilling slice machine, his voice changed drasticly with a deep mechanical sound... just saying...
  14. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Yeah to my knowledge there's no new Mark Hamill dialogue at all or any dialogue from a replacement actor. If there is anything new, chance are it'll be from "the vault", where the April Fools Day briefing dialogue was pulled from for the April Fools Day event in 2016.

There's no way they would have brought Mark back for such a throwaway, small scale DLC, anyway. The devs would be singing it from the rooftops if they had signed him to perform again, considering how expensive his price tag would be.
  15. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

tori can you PM video's of the new duo's? Please?