OMAAR'S WEAPON CLIPPING GUIDE

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by OMAAR, Mar 2, 2013.

1. OMAAR New Player

Test1.

THE guide is a work in progress. Please be patient.

Hi everybody,

This is a new guide that shows you how much dps can you do when you clip a certain weapon attack. The goal here is to compare different weapon attacks to each other to see which one is optimum per weapon.

REMEMBER DPS IS IMPORTANT: it doesn't matter how hard you hit if it takes forverer. At the same time it doesn't matter how fast you hit if you don't damage. How much damage can you do in a certain time frame!

Now I am using the CTSV method. CTSV means constant time specific value and not the awesome 550 hp cadillac.

Here is the mathematical formula I have been using with my HL constructs, as you know HL constructs are considered weapon damage ( white precision based damage ) and Ihave had great success with this formula.

I remember the devs saying the longer it takes you to do an attack the higher damage potential. So in English means expect your 4 th hit to be harder than your 3rd because you have taken more time to get to it.

ALL NUMBERS WILL BE TAKEN WITH A 0% BUFF.
    Current Numbers include core strength.
    ALL NUMBERS WILL BE TAKEN AT THE WATCHTOWER DUMMIES NOT BASE.
    CRITICAL HITS ARE TAKEN WITH A 26% CHANCE.
    CRITICAL HITS ARE ASSUMED TO BE 230% INCLUDING 15% MELEE BUFF.

Damage per hit= ( weapon dps + (precision/10) )x CTSV.

Actual damage=

Real damage ( using a 26% crit chance )=
    (DPHxnumber of hitsx0.84)+(critical hitxnumberpf hitsx0.26)

Dps= cumulative damage ( all the hits needed to get to that specific hit ) damage clipped ASAP.

Real damage/time frame.

I will be doing this weapon by weapon. My path is this:
    One-handed
    Staff
    Brawling
    Dual wield
    Martial arts
    Two-hander
    Shield
    ...etc

I will be posting numbers today,please be patient as this guide will take some time.

131 dps weapon 796 precision:

ONE HANDED.ADVISED: CLIP FLURRY.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

CCM or Critical chance modifier number: take a CCM number of 1, it means 1 out of the total hits of an attack( number of attacks will crit.
    Taking flurry as an example CCM 1 means one of the 4 hits is most like to to crit. CCM cumulative of 2 means 2 of it's total number of attacks ( 7 ) will most probably crit.

Spinchop vs Flurry vs Flipslash:

Now asides from flurry being hype highest in overall damage. There is the fact that you want to use your powers asap. Now flurry and spin chop are equally executed in the same time but flurry has a higher CCM because it has more number (7) of hits than spinchop ( 3 ).

Making flurry both more advantageous at constant and burst damage.

Flip slash may have a higher dps ( by just a bit ) and a higher number of hits ( 6 ) but it takes nearly twice the time of spinchop. So by two seconds you will have had 6 hits of spin chop and 6 hits of Flipslash but spinchop will have the harder hitter.
    Add that to the fact that you can pull off a power from your powerset faster makes spin chop better than flip slash but still behind flurry.

Any correction/insight/advise is appreciated.
    • Like x 12
  2. OMAAR New Player

3. OMAAR New Player

4. OMAAR New Player

5. OMAAR New Player

6. OMAAR New Player

7. OMAAR New Player

8. OMAAR New Player

9. OMAAR New Player

10. OMAAR New Player

11. OMAAR New Player

Anyone care to give me his/her precision and weapon dps stats so I can test how much damage one hander puts out?

[IMG]
  12. Potent New Player

95.9 DPS 1 Hand
    706 Precision
    (I don't have a PVE 1Hand, so thats a PvP weapon stat, but thats my Precision with a PvP Weapon and all my PvE gear on.)
  13. OMAAR New Player

[IMG]
    Please check the numbers
  14. Radium Devoted Player

Ohhhh, check out Staff Omaar.

651 Prec with a 131.
  15. OMAAR New Player

Next week my man.
  16. OMAAR New Player

Btw this guide is NOT for dps'ers but for every class/powerset/role.
  17. Sylar-Man New Player

Anyway to convince you to test the Bow a lot sooner? lol
    • Like x 1
  18. OMAAR New Player

I don't think I even have a 131
  19. shiny mackerel Committed Player

nice, I was just about to post a related guide on this haha. I know people have this kind of stuff but they don't post them publicly. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Hopefully, we get the same numbers.
  20. Potent New Player

Hey, was busy on Imp yesterday attempting to 3 man prime.
    From memory the numbers loom pretty accurate.

although they look more like my maxes than average.

Ill take a look when I get home.
    • Like x 1