New Episode: Legion Of Super-Heroes episode

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Koriand'r, Sep 11, 2017.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You think someone was being rude to you when they weren't, so your response is to be rude??? That makes you a hypocrite, and weakens any argument you have. Secondly, I wasn't really defending him, but instead pointing out to you that there was NOTHING rude about his comment. It's painfully obvious that English is NOT your primary language...so I tried to point out to you that he wasn't being rude just because YOU misinterpreted him. That's not defending, that's just pointing something out that you seem to have missed...get the difference???

Also, for the last 3-4 years, powers have had NOTHING to do with the episodes. That all stopped when they separated DLCs into smaller components that could be released at any time independent of each other. They released Water before the new episode because it was ready to go. It had nothing to do with the previous or upcoming episode. The reason why I suggested to you to write separate threads about two separate things is because if you write about more than one thing in a single thread, the conversation gets split....just like is happening here now. No one is opposed to a Legion of Superheroes Episode...but new powers is a COMPLETELY SEPARATE ISSUE.

And on that last thing, Mepps has already said NO MORE POWERS!!! Go look for yourself (try their Discord channel..he drops a lot of info there), the truth is out here. So all the wishing in the world is pointless until THEY decide to change their minds on the subject. You don't like the message...fine. But don't be disrespectful to the people delivering the message. You continue talking to people the way you have in here, you're less likely to get your ideas liked by the community at large because you will be viewed as a hostile poster. Just something for you to think about before you go off on people here.
    • Like x 1
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

Ya know what i found hilarious? When the IT trailer was put on yt and all through the comments there were clearly younger people calling it a ripoff of stranger things LOL #ignorance If im not mistake the IT book came out in 1986 and the TV movie in 1990.
    • Like x 3
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Legion of Super Heroes? Got no problem with that.

Legion logo belts as part of the rewards? Pretty much a given as far as I'm concerned (rings would be too small to see so I can live without those as a reward).

Deciding which version of the Legion to use as the basis for the content? Ugh. They have been revamped, tweaked and relaunched so much that there's just too much to work with.
    • Like x 1
  4. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Look I'm not trying to rain down your parade, but its common knowledge in the forums that DCUO will not be getting any more new power sets in the game for a while. Its because of the limited PS3 memory resources. You're new to the forums, so now you know. If you don't believe me go check the Staff Post Tracker.

Your suggestion of adding 2 - 3 powers from each power set to Iconics, is pretty much mixing up powers. If they did implemented that, I could now create a character that can be a controller, healer, tank hybrid. Pretty much throwing out roles and power set "balance" in DCUO. Also going to state again, it will be a nightmare for the programming team to code.

In my reply I did say the Devs might be able to expand Iconics powers, I should further explain it all depends on how much memory resources are left in the PS3. Would I like to see more Iconic powers? Absolutely yes, but it all comes down to manpower and financial resources for the Dev team.

I see a few forum posters informing you I wasn't rude with you. If anything it is you who are being extremely rude. Just because people who disagree with you or stating facts. I understand it could be a language barrier, but people can only tolerate you so much. In the end you're going to take this post as a attack and start saying I'm rude and trying to be disappointing.
    • Like x 1
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yep....
    the same thing when people saw LotR and thought it was a rip off of D&D. ;) ;)
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

There aren't enough facepalm memes/gifs to express my dismay over those kinds of statements about IT and LotR.
  7. Koriand'r Well-Known Player

Okay, you good, doctor, smart, better and whatever you want, just stop trying to reject my threads and ideas if you think they are wrong, keep you ideas, and stop talking about what is not about the title of thread and post and forget about me, I can remember your annoying as well in the last threads.
    Just forget me.
  8. Koriand'r Well-Known Player

Yeah I knew and know what you say as well that PS3 memory cant handle the new updates of powers, and I would make a new thread for talking about it but the subject wasn't the powers, I said that could be interesting if we could have Magnetic powers before the Legion Of Super-Heroes (31st century) episode .like water powers and its new episodes.
    And then I have to say that all of the iconic powers were for DPS role and use able in all of the role's loadout ever and will be.
    And it doesn't mean that we can do all 4 Roles, I wish you understand what I mean :) and by the way if you know, Devs just make a copy of DPS abilities of each power to the iconic powers, at least 2 for each. And PS3 won't have problem with this one thankfully. I hope you like the new episodes idea. And I'm gonna say I would have more iconic powers of Black Canary or Raven or Circe or Giganta and... So a new powerset might make problems on PS3 but some new iconic powers of heroes and villain are so good and safe.
  9. Koriand'r Well-Known Player

I never meant that we can see the ring and I wasn't talking about the ring gears, I was talking about a trincket ring which let's you use flight movement when you put it in your trinckets, when you have a different movement, it is not that hard thing, it is as same as other trinckets for example like that ring in central city which let's you to transform to a flash or zoom's members and gives you a red style.
    And thank you for liking the belt and emblem, the officer of Legion Of Super-Heroes style and their belt can be a nice gears style set. The gears can be 300cr :D
  10. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

I'm so sick of the nightmare coding excuse, if we have to hold on to that then why don't anyone step up and help design this game, those are developers, and very talented as well, can they pull off more options for mixing powers etc. I say they can, but the push starts with the customers. Support others how you want to be supported.
    • Like x 2
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

That's the thing, though, the flight ring is such an iconic part of the Legion lore that there would be folks that would want to see it, but it'd be such a small asset that I'd question whether it'd t be worth it. Even if it's like the ring that's part of the Tide Walker chest piece, it's something that could end up getting lost due to other pieces. It'd be especially problematic when it comes to Light and Rage players, considering it'd probably end up on the right hand.

As for liking the belt? That's just a "well, duh" moment considering how I've always liked the Legion, even if it's near impossible to keep track of which version of the Legion they're talking about. :D Personally I'd see it more as a collection/investigation/briefing reward, and if given the choice the one in this pic is the version I'd like to see.

[IMG]
  12. Koriand'r Well-Known Player

Well, as you can see the belt is for every member of Legion of Super-Heroes and the villain side Legion of Super-Villains and I think there should be an easy way to get the belt, so when we buy the Legion Academy or Legion of Super-Heroes DLC (Episode), we have almost been a Legion member like the Blackhawk cap or uniform, and if we wanted to show others that we are a Legion Of Super-Heroes or Villains, the belt is a great idea and I prefer it on the new Gear vendor of the new episode (DLC), as I said it can be so nice for 300 Combat rating or 310 Combat rating like the 31st century. And what about a new planet or something like that with a new Metropolis, I said new plant or maybe new raids and duos on other planets because usually each member if Legion Of Super-Heroes is from a different planet as you can see their wiki pedia or wiki, and just some of them are earthlings.
    And I really see no bad with the ring trincket, we have a lot of trinckets with different t abilities and each episode has a different t and nice trincker at its gear vendor.
  13. Koriand'r Well-Known Player

Clearly right, anyways if they stop creating new powwrsets on PC because PS3 memory can't handle them and stop creating new abilities for the powers that we already have, would be the beginning of DCUO's END and it is bad for us because it is a really lovely and open world game for us and we can't find a better open world and better and newer game of DC comics already, but it is pretty worse for them to stop creating new powers and abilities for currently powers, and it doesn't have a good result and if PS3 can't handle new powers on its memory they can jus make 4 different servers, PS3 US and EU servers and PC US and EU servers.
    And creating new abilities and more iconic powers isn't that hard thing for Devs even if it be so hard, anyways it is not that hard work for them. They a lot of technology and ideas in their minds and we everyday give them more ideas.
    • Like x 1
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think the easiest way to get the belt would be either investigations or briefings, then, ones that can be finished in an open world mission area preferably. Even a collection in that kind of spot would work, as it would give the best chance for the greatest number of players to get it.

Besides, if you try and turn the belt into part of a gear set, then you have to build a whole set around it. That'd be fine if the Legion had a set uniform for their members, but that's never really been the case. The closest I've seen is in that pic I used, and even in THAT one the belt is the only common piece among the Legionnaires. From there you'd have to try and figure out one Legionnaire to try and base the outfit on, and with the variety of looks and powers there's never been a clear-cut frontrunner. Heck, even I don't have just ONE member of the Legion that I consider a favorite (usually a toss-up between Lightning Lad and Wildfire, with Ultra Boy sometimes getting thrown into the mix).

I just don't think the belt needs to be gear. It'd work just as well (better, in my opinion) as a reward from a briefing/investigation/collection and it could be something players could get relatively quickly to make their own Legionnaire looks.
  15. Aquajet Well-Known Player

It's their 'go to' answer when you suggest something they don't want or see any value in (not saying in any particular case in this thread, just an observation of something that's rampant on here). :rolleyes:

I understand that there are certain restrictions on things like character models and clipping etc, but it gets a bit old when you ask for the devs to consider a change and instead of people saying "I don't like that idea" or just not commenting at all, they instead yack on and on about how difficult it is to make changes. Even more so when most of the people don't know the first thing about coding, graphics, character models, animations, etc etc etc etc etc.
    • Like x 1
  16. Koriand'r Well-Known Player

So first I should say that Greteast number of hero or villain (player) is who buys the episode (DLC) of Legion Academy or Legion of Super-Heroes and Villains.
    Then, I didn't mean the same style that everyone is wearing called the Legion Officer, for example there is no Blackhawk or Amazonian solider style set in the DC comics history and even in the game the amazonian gear style st is not like wonder woman or even is not like the amazonian styles in the game or the blackhawk style is not Lady Blackhawk, and then I'm gonna say the collections or briefings and investigation usually should be based on just one character such as Mister miracle or Mantis cape or Red Lantern wings or... Not on a style which every legion member is using, and then there must be a style which be about the episode and has something like an emblem and be a symbol of the episode like the green lanterns chest style or blackhawk cap or me genesis bugs or....
    So dont be so mad at a belt and their emblem, maybe we want to make all of our character, a Legion member and we at least need yo get the belt easily but there are too many better iconic styles of Legion of Super-Heroes and Villains which should be a collection or briefing or investigation reward.
  17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Having the Belt with the Emblem would be nice.
    And having the Emblem separately too so that we can put it on any styles that support an emblem.

For the ring..... it could go either way. If we see it... fine...... but it will be pretty small. So either we see it or not works for me.

How about a LoSH inspired Lair and League Hall??

I know that Lairs don't sell as well as they hoped which is why we have not seen a new one in a looooooonnng time.

But they give us Lairs like sewers... penthouse or industrial.

Maybe the Lairs would have sold better if they gave us JLA inspired Lairs.
    Or Teen Titans inspired.
    Or Green Lantern inspired.

Or in this case... LoSH inspired..... with LoSH Emblems...... Banners... Computers.... etc.....???
  18. Koriand'r Well-Known Player

Exactly everyone likes more powers and abilities for currently powers and iconic powers, but I really dont understand why they dont believe that they dont work hard to create something new in the game or idk know new powers because the PS3 memory can't handle its graphic or because it has hard codes so at this time I'm gonna say none of your business if its codes are hard, Devs are who are creating them and work because of they are Devs and have a lot if technology, and we only play the game, there are even many ways to fix the PS3 memory such as using hards with high GBs or having different t servers for PC and PS3 where only new powers come on PC, I guess we can have 2 or maybe 3 more powers on PC as well except Elasticity's actions.
  19. Koriand'r Well-Known Player

Oh we have never seen the rings on our fingers, I meant a flight trincket which be called "The Flight Ring" like any other trincket, and actually I expect a fat type for characters size and Tower league halls and the statue of all characters that exist in the game and the Legion Of Super-Heroes and Villains and Legion Academy characters statue as base items or some base items which look like a disc that we put on the floor and act like the statuaries in the league halls, and when we go to our bases and stand on one of them and use it, a list of our friends and all characters of the game such as the members of JLA appears and when we click on any of them and choose its material, their statue appears, and I really want a new material statuary which shows a white body of the character and the cloths look like their own form like fabric. Every gold or stone or silver is not that beautiful and I wish we had the league hall lairs too, for example 2 free ones like a cave or stone walls and classic walls like palaces or old houses, that metal walls are so ugly. And the Tower league hall based on Teen Titans and Legion of Super-Heroes can be so nice for example look like stairs, the first floor has the teleporters and the enter door to the city and has some stairs and the front wall of tower only has glasses and big windows and a free place to fly to the other floors and stairs for walking and we can have the league hall towers in the battle zone or the metropolis of Legion of Super-Heroes. :)
  20. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

[IMG]

In all seriousness, I support the idea of a Legion of Superheroes styles and content but not to repeat what others have stated, mostly likely than not but you can bet if the styles were to be added, you'd have to get them via Time Capsules
    • Like x 2