When is the next SM?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Pyrometers, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Pyrometers Active Player

I want to go into a survival mode
  2. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

They don't make any money on them so who knows.
    • Like x 3
  3. JasonIsley Devoted Player

When was the last SM?
  4. TestReporter Loyal Player

Half a year ago (it makes it sound a little more dramatic than saying 6 months).
    The thing that infuriates me more is that the devs didn't answer ANY of the SM threads, last time we heard about a new SM was when they stopped making monthly content, but it still got ignored. We haven't heard a word about SM since the FoS one, and it has been asked several times without they giving us any clue, a Soon™, not even a "never".
  5. Proxystar #Perception

They said it wouldn't be happening until after stats revamp, with them releasing two successive DLC's I can't imagine it's a priority and quite frankly I'd rather have content than an SM.
    • Like x 6
  6. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I questioned this too, but at the moment. I rather wait till January 2018. My main goals is to keep farming in game cash and reach 335-350 skill points.
  7. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

The devs have stated that they had postponed the next SM until after the revamp. In order to finish the revamp they needed to skip SM altogether. Instead of awkwardly squeezing one in after revamp, it would make more sense if they choose to wait until the next 3 month rotation to release it and not mess up the usual seasonal cycle.
    • Like x 2
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

Guess now they need a TC to go along side SM as only things with TC get invested in
    • Like x 2
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

Oan SM should actually be going live around next week if the schedule had been stuck to. But we obviously havent had HH SM for the 3rd time yet. It was postponed. So im curious to see what happens.
  10. McShotzz Well-Known Player

100% fine skipping hh imo, doubt that they would though.
    • Like x 2
  11. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

They wont skip the HH SM...they will merely put in it in the Oa SM place and push Oa SM back further.
  12. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

This really does throw the SM schedule off..My SM fever kicked in a while ago. :( Unless we get slammed with SM's to get back on schedule, or have 2 out at a time once, idk how we'll ever get back on our usual schedule. I definitely don't want to skip one tho!
    • Like x 1
  13. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

They didnt want to squeeze a SM after the revamp and ruin the schedule so they most likely will wait for the next appropriate cycle to bring up HH SM. It just pushes back the other SM versions about 3-4 months from their usual rotations.
  14. xD25x Dedicated Player

There's hope that maybe a new SM come October. It's about time for a new SM map.
  15. JasonIsley Devoted Player

If they were working on a new SM on the sly, I would not be upset about the pushbacks.
  16. Schimaera Devoted Player

I'd say we play the next Episode in a few weeks, then farm it 'til November where we get a new Episode and ask for SM in January '18 again :)

Tbh without replays it's a very tough chase from style to style to the next episode. I've yet to finish Fallen God (normal) since I started with elite and now I'm still ~600 Marks short on the Blackhawk Elite gear since I got enough pieces already with the three OP Items. I doubt I will finish any of those two styles in 2017... For me.. SM can wait. I'd rather have them reduce vendor prices for the gear itself once you outgear the content.
  17. Zneeak Devoted Player

I agree 200%, the old ones have been rotated enough as it is. Bring us a set of new ones with new base items and styles to look forward to and you may just see the population wake up a little bit. If we have to wait a few more months without the old SM's, it's well worth it if it means we'll get fresh, new ones later on.
    • Like x 1
  18. Wallachia Devoted Player

I just hope the next SM required CR of 180, and not much above this.
  19. Elusian Crowd Control

I'm quite happy for the SM break. We are in a constant gear chase that there is little to no space for a time where you dont gear up and could actually focus on SM with an even geared field of endgame players chasing for the highest rounds. The last SMs all came out a month after new content and required hard pushed replay badge use. With CR scaling gone away its all a bit closer now but OP items and a few other things will still have heavy impact on this.

I wish this vertical progression would kick in so with that after an episode with new gear and 2-3 months later when the gear chase has settled for a moment that an SM there should be in a sweet spot without feeling the necessary rat race it comes with. Thats where the first (and to a degree the 2nd) year where a lot better managed.

Short: I don't wanna get forced to spend money for the wrong reason just to be able to play content like SM to its maximum and rather wanna spend it cause I want to do so.
    • Like x 2
  20. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

I doubt many miss SM. I don't. I really don't run it. no point in it for me.