Let's talk about Fire

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GJGBlackDragon, Aug 24, 2017.

1. inferno Loyal Player

I have to say to take caution on using the sparring bots. I've done rotations there that seemed like it was going to be beast and ended up doing badly in damage (not compared to other players but from a previous build) once I take it out on alerts and raids.

Usually, once I get a rotation I like; I would go into the Nexus walk-in, try the rotation on the 5 bosses and watch the numbers from there.
    • Like x 1
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Flame Cascade is good for tanking???
  3. Emoney Dedicated Player

Its good as an attack to keep the defense buff up. It cost basically no power, no cooldown, and over time does slightly more damage than weapon attacks (since I spec'd power, we get might free, and saves on sp. Before revamp I would spec extra precision for the extra damage, but now with the way sp is set up, precision is harder to spec for tank.)

Basically, its really easy to slip in a FC between pull, setting burn, and shields. Its one tap of a button vs tap tap hold, or tap tap tap hold of a weapon combo. The only time I use a weapon now, is the occasional lunge to counter, thats it.

Im not saying its the new meta. Just that it works for me, and its a bit more fun than weapon combos. But really I just wanted players to know that any attack, weapon or power, buffs fires defense against burning enemies.
    • Like x 1
  4. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

Is good but I spam engulf to keep enemies on fire and around me and wildfire do more damage and autoheals. Flame Cascade takes 0.8 seconds to do the effect and engulf is 0.0 seconds in effect. From the damage perspective you can say that both can do the same amount of damage but Flame Cascade will stuck you for 0.8 seconds longer than engulf.

For those interested to take the conversation to the Tank side, this is my loadout and I've been able to Tank everything in the game without much stress with it:
    - Burning Determination (BD)
    - Stoke Flames (SF)
    - Wildfire (W)
    - Backdraft (B)
    - Engulf (E)
    - Eternal Flame (supercharge)

Normally this is my non stressful rotation as active tanking using One Handed Weapon Mastery Combos (WM):
    Health Buff Trinket > BD > E > WM > W > WM > B > WM > BD

Notes:
    - I insert the Air Strike Trinket whenever I got the chance.
    - If I'm running out of power I call the sidekick and/or Supply Drop
    - If I'm getting too much damage I use Stoke Flames (reduce damage output and increases autoheals)
    - If things start getting messy I use the supercharge (it takes a 60s cooldown so I save it for stressful situations)

Normally with that setup I can run most bosses without causing too much stress on the healers and/or trolls. Knowing well the powers there's a bunch of combinations of fire tanking loadouts that are effective. We have more variety in loadouts combinations for being an effective Tank than being top DPS.

My 2 cents.
    • Like x 1
  5. Apolloin Well-Known Player

Nice loadout, mine is:
    1. Engulf
    2. Immolation
    3. Burnout
    4. Stoke flames
    5. Burning Determi ation
    6. Hardlight shield

With this loadout I don't really feel the need for a supercharge at all. Has two shields
    , has three heals, and Engulf is is the only pull I need. It's worked pretty well so far
    • Like x 1
  6. RLManuel Committed Player

Fire is fire... literally... you just need a good loadoud, and unfortunately I won't be telling mine...
  7. Streven Dedicated Player

Does Flame Cascade get the knock up CC when in tank stance still? I know out was removed from the dps side.
  8. L T Devoted Player

pretty sure that's a thing of the past.

Engulf has good CC though. The pull is effectively a knock-up/down at close range.
    • Like x 1
  9. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

Also Engulf set enemies on fire and do a very decent damage for it's cost (100).
    • Like x 1
  10. C3alix Committed Player

Thing is fire's damage is fine, but its attacks are slower than most of the other powers due to two of the abilities being cast times, a couple good dot's, and other attacks having longer animations than most powers.
  11. Pyrometers Active Player

You can spam the 2 400 power cost with three dots and still be equal to or below another dps with double the power in or be below a weapon only dps using snowman trinket . Im cool with having energize firebust and power efficiency chest mood over damage buffs and specing all might power to be equal .
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Well, in all fairness, you would probably get more damage by mixing a 300 in there (though the power costs, ugh). The 400 cost looks like a lot, but the cast time translates into more of a 200-250 ability in damage-per-second.
  13. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

Avoid Mass Detonation. It rarely crits and without going critical damage it hits bellow some 300 powers. I've tried 50 times in a row and it only crits 17 times out of those 50. On each crit it goes from 25k to 28k but without crits it was goind between 14k and 15k.
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yeah, I never use it. The reason it does such horrible damage is that despite giving tons of feedback, the devs left a knockdown in at the end, which takes away damage.
  15. Pyrometers Active Player

Although mass detonation do not crit like it should it put out the damage. I usually dont post my loadout but its inferno , overheat,fireball barrage , firebust , meteor, mass det . I use Inferno 1st then overheat straight into firebust then mass det followed by meteor then another mass det with 1 last firebust It does great damage and I cant find any loadout that beat that damage (PftT style) . For bosses with no adds just spam absorb heat and heat vision thats mega colossal damage it beats everything .
    • Like x 1
  16. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

I'm still re-working all my characters powers after the re-vamp.
    Just now made it to my Fire character and omg @ the changes...

R.I.P. Fire powers...smh
  17. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

It'll never be the same. It's not even the same feeling that we use to have pre-GU36.

You might find the post 39 of this same thread useful while you work your Fire loadout:
    Let's talk about Fire
    • Like x 2
  18. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Going to New Genesis and attacking the Bounty works great as well.
  19. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Full Play-By-Tray: (I only put two SP into Hand Blasters to get Pulse Blast)

Inferno clipped w/Stoked Flames -> Spontaneous Combustion -> Overheat -> Heat Vision -> Absorb Heat -> HV -> AH...
    ...by this time the first four powers are ready to be used again.

I don't use the 2% buff mod. Instead I use the Empowered Channelling mod. (for Absorb Heat and Heat Vision)

"Channeled super powers are no longer Vulnerable to Interrupt, prevent standard control effects, and increase Defense and Toughness by 5% while active."

I did some tests and got a lot more damage because I wasn't being interrupted. This load out also gives me...

• Three Dots: Stoked Flames gives a fourth if I'm close enough.
    • Three Heels: Stoked Flames - Overheat (w/Mod) - Absorb Heat
    (43 of my SP are in Crit Heal Chance (20%) / Crit Heal Magnitude (73%) = Stoked Flames giving me about 5,000 heels per rotation. If I put those points into Health I would have only gotten 2,600.)
  20. GarrickTheFlash New Player

Fire needs to get its old animatons back. The shield does immolation looks lame now by comparison