Atomic is getting nerfed...

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by kiwipunisher, Sep 2, 2017.

1. kiwipunisher New Player

Atomic
    • Re-balanced Atomic Combos:
      • Reduced the damage of Beta Flood, Thermochemical Explosion, Atom Fragmentation, and Nuclear Blast.
      • Reduced the power cost and damage of Neutron Explosion.
      • Reduced the healing from Atomic Combos while in PvP.
    This is what it says at the end of the next update notes. So basically the devs are nerfing a power that isn't overpowered to begin with. I switched to atomic because the tanking role is fun and the dps was okay. But now you're just nerfing it to hell. what was the reason behind that? this is just sad...
    • Like x 1
  2. Ringz Dedicated Player

Have you tested it to see how it performs or are you ranting fron seeing words?
    • Like x 3
  3. Grumpy Dedicated Player

Yes, the current Atomic DPS hits for over 150-180k on a 30 second parser while the one on test hits for 110-130k.
  4. Ringz Dedicated Player

cause this is my first time hearing about this. I knew atomic was a hidden gem for good dpsing but didn't think it would need touch ups.
  5. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Everything needs touch ups. Once this gets touched up, something else will look to strong, and so on. The revamp was released to soon with zero testing parameters, so like I said last year. The revamp won't be done until the end of 2017.
    • Like x 3
  6. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

And they lost my next sub atomic had issues in pvp no one was saying it was op in Pve. Only those worried about the damage board complained about the tank damage being too strong. Congrats dps you win again

Roleless buffs you win

No need for more than one support role you win

Tanks getting harder damage you win
    • Like x 2
  7. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Good, cant wait to kick GohGamers butt
    • Like x 3
  8. The_fair_1 Committed Player

Well when healers use moves that damage and heal the damage is reduced so shouldn't the same be for tanks?
    • Like x 1
  9. The Anxient Loyal Player

Apples to oranges
    • Like x 2
  10. The_fair_1 Committed Player

Well both are support roles it's not their job to deal damage and nowadays I despise healing atomic "battle tanks" almost none of them can keep themselves alive whatsoever and it's like I'm healing a DPS with slightly more health and the DPS refuses to block so a reduction might bring back turtle tanks that can actually take the hits and not get bent over by the boss
    • Like x 1
  11. The Anxient Loyal Player

And there it is! You run with terrible players and want to take your frustrations out on an entire powerset bc of it. Bye
    • Like x 4
  12. SolusPrime New Player

I get your point on roles but that doesn't mean you hurt the other powerset role of dps. And each off roles can deal some form of damage it's just atomic can slightly easier. Still doesn't mean you nerf almost every combo bc of it.
    • Like x 2
  13. The_fair_1 Committed Player

No it's just battle tanks in general like with the nerf to support roles there shouldn't be battle tanks but nowadays that's what everyone wants. I'm saying maybe a nerf will help make people realize their role rather than playing something they're not
  14. The_fair_1 Committed Player

Exactly why I was saying that there should be like a damage nerf on the tank side or something cause then they'll see they aren't contributing immense damage and maybe start playing their role. And I'm mostly against nerfs, I think atomic needed major change in pvp and 1 maybe 2 minor changes in pve, I agree they went overboard but I'm willing to bet you can still find a way to do good damage with it
  15. JasonIsley Devoted Player

"Get outta mah ring SON"
  16. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Nope im a strong supporter of increasing the damage in healer and troll stance... less content will need more dps if support roles can do more damage along with their support ability practically every other mmo ive played support roles usually can pump out a decent amount of damage while also doing their support...

Most mmos ive played require more support roles to do their raids cause they only get harder the more you ditch a role... if healers and trolls did more damage. But not as much as a dps... i feel less people would walk out of an lfg or a random queue if they see more than one support role in an instance... the way trolls and healers and how tanks were doing damage before it was so low that it would tac on way more time then if you brought 5 dps....

If the damage gap wasnt as large as it is now between healers and trolls and they were able to do about the damage a tank can do now... that time gap would be reeduced greatly and it wouldnt be a chore to run with support roles in the eyes of the community
    • Like x 2
  17. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

This is exactly what i thought as soon as i read that hes playing with trash players who think they can battle tank ... the fact is its stupid easy to not die battle tanking especially atomic since its designed to be a battle tank... i have zero problem doing damage and tanking at the same time the only time i almost die is if i lose the aura for whatever reason and cant get density on fast enough and this is few and far between its probably happened 2 times since ive been back and one time i jumped in with out activating my shield or aura... (rwould have died regardlesss if i was just straight tanking or battle tanking)

Support roles should do more damage this mmo nerfs their support roles way too much...
    • Like x 2
  18. The_fair_1 Committed Player

I agree they should deal more but atomic tanks can deal more damage than some DPSes. I have yet to meet an atomic tank that's as easy to heal as any other power. I'd like support roles to be more useful but I want it to be done right, and I already prefer 2 trolls to an instance. In WoW they normally have a good amount of Tanks and Healers but they have large enough things to need that
  19. The Anxient Loyal Player

DPS with similar gear, mod, and sp level getting out damaged by any support role means that player has no idea what they are doing.
    • Like x 2
  20. The_fair_1 Committed Player

Except for atomic tanks, atomic battle tanks have some immense damage