Let's talk about Fire

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GJGBlackDragon, Aug 24, 2017.

1. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

Hello fellas,

After reading a bunch of threads here in the forums of people complaining about their powers, I've seen that the most common feedback from the Devs (Mepps specifically) is:

So I'm creating this thread so we can make a constructive feedback without exaggeration and as detailed as we can about our beloved power -> FIRE!!!!

In order to be effective on this feedback, let us be as clear as possible and provide as much detailed information as we can. Also, let us try to avoid comparing Fire to other powers as much as we can to avoid derailing the thread, and if we do it, let's keep things as objective as possible.

I'll ask the community to please avoid trolling on this thread and let's try to keep a clear exposure of what's a fact and what's an opinion.

Well now, my feedback.

Inferno - It has a 12s cooldown and it ticks damage for 11s. It will be nice if the damage over time for that power will last for the 12s without nerfing the current damage per second.

Flame Cascade - Since it doesn't have a cooldown I'm getting it difficult to time precisely the exact moment it's executing. Can we have a 0.5s cooldown just like detonate? The cooldown will take less than the power execution but the cooldown animation will let us know the exact moment the power start it's execution.

All powers - Please let us block cancel a power. Since most powers that can make a good dps rotation take long animations, in certain boss fights we die unnecessarily due to the fact that we can't cancel most of the powers to be able to block.

That's my feedback for now, the rest I'll write with the game on and with some parser numbers as a backup information.

To the community: what's your feedback? (please don't troll ;) )
    • Like x 5
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Meh My feedback remains the same.
    • Not Power Friendly, If you wanna PFTT your best bet is to ensure you have Flame Cascade on your bar.
    • Some Abilities Like Spontaneous Combustion have a 6 second cooldown which makes zero sense to have, even if you use hybrid; there's no way to make that thing work fluidly in a rotation.
    • If you want to conserve power; you'll either need to drop your dots(Which is a pretty significant DPS loss imo.) or just stick sheerly with flame cascade spam.
    I'm going to make a Fire toon on Live soon enough, see if I get a different feel than what I had on test(I mainly tried PFTT but it was a nightmare lol.)
  3. spack2k Steadfast Player

i wish u only the best with this power , by removing the blue flame devs forced me to switch to another tank power... but i didnt like to build up defence anyway ... its so inefficient compared to building up any other stat in comparison.
    • Like x 2
  4. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Channel abilities shouldn't begin cool down until they are finished. If I get interrupted during firebird, let me get up and do it again. Take my power at the beginning I'm fine with that. But if cool down doesn't start until after execution anyway, don't punish me for being interrupted
    • Like x 2
  5. C3alix Committed Player

Wait....why? If anything, fire tanking is much easier now than it has ever been. Immolation and BT basically make you invincible and you can pull ads from all directions now, even ones off screen. Unless you switched because you miss the animation, I don't see what was wrong.

As for the DPS side, I realized it's MUCH better as a hybrid. SC and FW really help get that melee damage up fast.
    • Like x 2
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I actually really, really, really (like I can't even begin to say how much I wish for this) that fireburst would take your power at the beginning. Why? Because while it's channeling, you would at lest start to regen some of those 450 power it takes from you. But at the moment, it's like getting hit in the gut, lol. Of course, in the middle of a rotation it doesn't matter too much since your bar isn't full anyway. But starting with a full bar (like i like to do when approaching a new group of adds in a hallway) is totally worthless since you regen nothing at all.
    • Like x 1
  7. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Loved this suggestion, but i wonder if there's a gameplay reason or pvp reason they want you locked into something. Either way, you really have to be careful with fireburst during last boss US, lol.

One nice thing I like is most of fire's melee abilities aren't really melee, they're pretty much all midrange, so you can play that way without being right in the boss's face.
  8. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I don't play fire, but wanted to stop in a say great job on taking initiative in a positive direction for your power! You may have inspired me lol. ;)
    • Like x 4
  9. Dene Devoted Player

No trolling here - you are giving feedback without screaming like White Banshee on steroids.. so ppl will listen (hopefully)

On your point above - I think this is the risk/reward thing.. if you use a channelling power you risk the hit & risk being interrupted (hence why I use empowered channelling mod)

Jump and it will cancel.. even in flight it works :)
  10. Del Maestro Well-Known Player

I don't have much of an issue blocking when using mass det and fireburst. I thought I was just block cancelling, but maybe I'm jump cancelling and blocking? But I know you can cancel in time for one shots.

And I know the purpose of this isn't for loadouts and advice,but more feedback but to whoever is struggling with pftt and power costs try this.

Meteor fireburst mass det vol cal overheat inferno

Normal rotation
    Inferno into overheat
    Mass det->fireburst->mass set->meteor->mass det-> fireburst-> mass det
    Back into inferno overheat

Struggling with power? Try the fireburst head mod. Still struggling with power? Drop inferno and overheat, start with meteor and go into the second part of the rotation.

There is another rotation involving summon meteor that can keep up with the first, but I struggle to use that ability in raids with small hallways

As for the recommended changes to fire, I love the ideas for fireburst and the cool down for flame cascade. I'll be honest, I never really gave FC a chance because that zero cool down threw me off
  11. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

lol you cant just cancel every animation with block. You used to be able to clip more but new players ruined that. Also, it would ruin pvp, and they need to fix whats there now.
  12. Mr. Awesome Well-Known Player

my issue with fire is that, the devs are pushing this battle tank agenda but haven't given fire the tools to utilize that playstyle. We have too many purely defensive powers. All of our battle tanking damage comes from our weapons. Backdraft is the most damaging attack on my loadout currently. That's not good.

My feedback would be this:
    Lets embrace the ON FIRE nature of the power.
    • In defense role if you stand in Inferno AoE, you get heal over time. Decrease the damage.
    • In defense role, If you are within range of Overheat AoE, you get heal over time. Decrease the damage
    • The HoT should stack imo, but they don't have too.
    • Burning should be an everlasting dot(in both roles). As long as the burning Pi is up, the enemy should have a weak dot( I swear it use to work like this???)
    Every other tank power can battle tank without risking survivability via less defensive powers. For fire, if you want do damage as a tank, you have to use abilities that offer no defensive benefit.
    • Like x 5
  13. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Try immolation , backdraft, stoke flames/wildfire, flashpoint, engulf, eternal flame or breakout. Spec damage Crits, might/power, healing Crits for whatever's left. Super power focus. Tap tap hold weapon combos in between powers. Flashpoint is a juggle so it works great in tank stance.

14. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Here's a blast from the past. This was what was great about Fire.

• Like x 2
  15. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

I remembered that chart and I was looking for it since the revamp to test if the scenarios stay the same as happened back then.

Tonight I'll be doing some testings on damage overwrite.
    • Like x 2
  16. BrandonB Well-Known Player

Does the DOT from Overheat still disappear when the NPC that it originally hit is KO'd? When you're attacking multiple adds at a time, that is.
  17. Emoney Dedicated Player

Just incase anyone didnt know.....aggressive tanking with fire, doesnt mean you have to use a weapon. As long as the enemies are burning, any attack works......Im spec'd superpowered and use flame cascade to keep the defense buff full, it works great!

Edit: I hate weapons that much lol!
    • Like x 3
  18. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Do you get interrupted alot?

19. Emoney Dedicated Player

Not really anymore than usual. Most bosses do tend to get a lunge or two in no matter what my loadout or attacks are. For easy stuff I just cycle between the new pull, backdraft and FC. When it gets tougher I have immolation and HL shields that I can alternate, and a spot left for a big heal power (depending on preference....I tend to use BD)
  20. appocolyps Committed Player

If you want to be a beast with fire you must move with the times, full prec, meteor (sc charger) fiery weap stoke flames clipped, smokebomb (bow wm) or DW wm ranged, detonate...use neo venom as SC whenever your trinket is ready! <<<< = INSANE DMG!
    • Like x 1