Stop crying about atomics

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Snuffhim, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Snuffhim Well-Known Player

It makes me upset when people complain about something that's not even the true problem. You guys are trying to get atomics nerfed just because you lost a 1on1 arena's batcave or whatever the case maybe. The real problem is not atomics. It's arenas! If you try to play against a good player in a duel with stats un clamped atomic will get destroyed hands down.But if you try to play against a good player in arenas, in for some reason they thought they had to balance arenas, atomics would destroy them because they are bringing everybody stats closer together and also they thought it was smart idea to just give someone a1,000 dominance bonus just because they are in tank role, so not only are they going to get crazy heals they are going to do decent damage as well because every atomic tank specs dps now. Atomics is not the problem it is fine where it's at, Arena's is the problem.
    • Like x 1
  2. Roocck Committed Player

My experience is PvP is awful, before revamp (don't know now) two tanks that were op at the time and probably still are is Fire and Atomic. I have switched to these two powers because I needed some PvP feats, now keep in mind someone like myself with no experience and a really bad PvP player (still up to date) but with these powers I did pretty well, the amount of health and power y7ou gey back will keep you alive longer than most powers. (OP) Maybe these powers need to be looked at or do something for the rest of the powers.... I am pretty sure that PvP is still getting worked on and probably will for a while before it's balanced....
  3. Ringz Dedicated Player

LOL. Take away atomic unblockable combos, you guys are a piece of cake.

Other than that fix, its whatever
    • Like x 1
  4. Mazahs Loyal Player

Why in all that is holy would anyone run that broken poo pile called PVP?
    Its all jacked...and I don't see light end of that dark-dark tunnel
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

6. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

PvP has always been one sided, you're either on the side that is fully geared or you're a corpse carpet being stomped on.
    • Like x 1
  7. Drathmor Unwavering Player

i agree there is nothing wrong with atomic there is something wrong with shields I as an atomic tank was up against a ice tank last night and we went 5 full rounds at a draw where neither one of us could kill the other one he as ice was running 4 shields and me as atomic when i got low could kind of heal my self back up power was more my issue than the ice person but with sodas we were both un killable even though I would out counter the other person 3 to 1 in weapon combat as i was speced all weapon no clue as to the build of the ice tank

I eventually just left the fight as we weren't getting anywhere

i say shield and not just tanks because also bumped into mental people and gadgets and a few others all running shields and cycling them causing most fights to go on forever
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

They haven't removed feats have they? Lol.

Seriously, I run with people that enjoy PvP. We have for years, even before revamp. The silence from the devs as to when this hinted PvP revamp will happen.

No one can say PvP is not popular. People in general just don't like to lose, and that's part of PvP. Look at the popularity last year when the gear and new map was released. I know they say there's no money in PvP, but when gear, feats, and new maps are added, people will PvP. This is how you get people interested.

This would also be a great time to reintroduce the RPS system with healers, trolls, and tanks. This will help solve issues with OP healing tanks and OP shielded trolls.

There is a market, just not as big as PvE.
    • Like x 1
  9. Mazahs Loyal Player

I'm sorry, but you and I are NOT gonna agree on this one.
    I ran with folks in OPT and other PVP leagues for quite some time both in the old days / AM days and now you have people like Brice and others like him have said PEACE OUT because of the state of PVP today after #statsmatter

You say they don't like to lose...These folk didn't lose (very rarely lose) PVP is a shell of what it was / could be. I used to enjoy it simply because I had to play against someone who could actually think, predict and counter me not the bore of PVE that once you knew what to do there was almost never a challenge.

Your first and 3rd points (the same mind you) was only there because some people are completionists. They played simply to get the SP from PVP.

It's a dead horse, that for the last 2 yrs had a bad leg and needed to be put down. Could they fix it, by adding the things they took out, like you said...Sure they could. I'll point you to how bad Electric and Nature were for how long even after the devs stated that PVE was the focus.

If it happens, I'll be shocked
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Sorry, that is true. The competitive part is jacked, yes. I was more refering to ques piping and being able to grind alts gear, feats, etc. Real competitive pvp died for me awhile ago.

Competitive is one thing. Smoking a bowl, drinking with buddies, and kicking *** together all night is another. Don't miss out on just having fun.:)
    • Like x 1
  11. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I didnt even read your post. Just no, we will not stop complaining.
    • Like x 1
  12. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Yep. Fights against Atomic Tanks become a case of

[IMG]

[IMG]
  13. Shifty Committed Player

It makes me upset when people type about crap they have no actual knowledge on, lol. Apparently the atomic tanks you've fought in duels are garbage. just saying, in open world, in duels, and in arenas, atomic tanks are the biggest issue. The only other power with crazy heals like atomic is electric, and i dont plan on swapping my power to be a bandwagoner like 95% of the pvp community.
  14. Snuffhim Well-Known Player

Lol thats how I know you don't see the problem because you're complaining about atomics healing. Atomics is a tank it's supposed to have great sustain with heals or shields in atomics case both! The problem is not the heals! But whatever nice atomic player who beat you, let them be the reason you cry nerf.(not like sorcery has great heals, nature dog form has great heals, or celestial heals on top of shield spam)
  15. stärnbock Devoted Player

What power do you PVP with? Just out of curiousity...
  16. Shifty Committed Player

Complaining? no, and I've never had problems with dog forms heals, or sorcery for that matter, the only other power with annoying heals in Elec in dps or heal role. And celestial? No one even uses that power anymore lmao, Everyone is either Atomic, electric, mental, ice, or nature. Now tell me this, a powerin tank role with damage like a dps and heals like a healer, isn't broken in the least bit????? I like how you assume idk the problem when I've been pvping since 2012, scrims arenas, duels, open world, you name it. Atomic has been broken since it dropped. But jump on the bangwagon and defend it lmao.
    • Like x 3
  17. Shifty Committed Player

gadgets and hardlight
  18. Snuffhim Well-Known Player

That's the whole point of this thread if you would just read it instead of being so naive, atomics can only heal like while fully specing into dps is because of arenas role bonus and clamped stats, if you losing to an atomic tank in a duel idk what to tell you any great dps in pvp open world should have close to 8k might which is plenty of might to rip through an atomic tank with full dps spec. If you weren't so hell bent on nerf this nerf that you would notice what I'm trying to say.
    • Like x 1
  19. triplem assault New Player

I'm an atomic tank myself, spect all dom but will loose to atomic tank in arenas spect like dps because of the buff all tanks get in arenas. I honestly think its not just arenas but the gear itself too.
  20. Not Rekluze Level 30

Atomic's should be nerfed. I love atomic but the fact is, it's too overpowered compared to other powers. It's very low risk, high reward scenario. See it wasn't as bad pre-revamp because the combo's were counterable meaning you could stop them from healing all the way back up, but not that they aren't, they can just keep spamming their combo's without a care in the world on top of popping the atomic and HL shield. So for dps, they easily get outlasted by these tanks due to the fact it is continuous damage with NO risk. As long as they have power, they are almost guaranteed to outlast the dps. I see two solutions, either keep it the way it is but make combo's counterable or nerf the heals/sustainability and keep the combo's vulnerable free. With the way revamp is, option B is more likely assuming they're going to nerf it.
    • Like x 4