Being troll is too sad

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by MMDDGG, Aug 19, 2017.

1. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

AM made trolling easy, now we have power spam with no power back. Players didn't do that, devs did.
    • Like x 1
  2. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

If you're running out of power as a DPS your rotation is trash. It is up to each DPS player to manage their own power supply. What the get from the Troll is a bonus.

Keep the healer in power, and second the Tank for his draw aggro and damage mitigation skills.
    • Like x 3
  3. Surtur Well-Known Player

Controller was not eliminated. Everyone was given more responsibility to manage their own power. If the DPS you speak of are out of power it is 100% on them and no one else. These same players that do not have power are use to running the AM's that gave more power back as well. All these players are doing is refusing to man up and take responsibility for their own issues......power management.
    • Like x 3
  4. Ringz Dedicated Player

Nice try. I can't seem to find the word "spam" in my statement above. All dps powers are capable to run a heavy power usage L/O. I also like how you haven't acknowledge that dpses now have better involvement in their "own" power management, and the that trollers can't out troll if they even wanted too.

I have seen/been in runs where a troller is more than capable to keep a whole raid powered, and only elec experience can I keep a whole raid healed. But I also know I have the option to not put in that extra effort that is only needed so that dpses can go ape s***.

You say bad power and heals. Maybe you just never met a support role that puts yall dpsers in check.
    • Like x 1
  5. Surtur Well-Known Player

It's not your fault. If they are out of power then they need to GIT GUUUUUD and that's all you need to say.
    • Like x 2
  6. Sixfiguredice Well-Known Player

I think he forgot even trash mobs can heal in certain content and if Tank pulls more then 8 adds it can at times warrent the Heal, Damage, Defense debuff. Also if your Quantum example: Are heal debuff is Supercharge Generator power giving 150 Supercharge. I guess they don't want power or shields to protect and only to be a battery @_@ lol
  7. MMDDGG New Player

I just use the defense debuff, the super charge of the munition shield helps me with the power, and I use the heart trinket of the Valentine's Day event that pulls the defense debuff! I recommend this trinket to the trolls.

Thanks for your comments:)
    • Like x 1
  8. monaka Well-Known Player

As a controller, I do not subscribe to that viewpoint.

I try my best to keep everyone powered as well as put out debuffs and stuns. Rarely do I let anyone dry out unless I come across some DPS who just blows through his power bar so fast that even power spamming would fail.

I see so many bad controllers in this game who share your mentality and it's best that such people are berated or kicked from the group.
  9. monaka Well-Known Player

If you think that your role in the group endeavor is just to fill tank(fyi, tanks don't eat much power) and heal, then you are a bad controller and a liability to the group.

If you can't play your role properly, stop playing it at all. Nobody runs a full 300 load out, most powers can't even make one.

As a controller, I denounce bad controllers like yourself who think too much of themselves yet barely put out any power to match their loud mouth.
  10. monaka Well-Known Player

I don't get this mentality. Controllers have always been blue bar healers and that's still a controller's primary role. Nobody likes to be a battery but if that's what is going to keep everyone powered up, so be it.

It was the developers' job to fix how the troll role works and to ensure troll does not become a battery but instead of alleviating this concern, they forced us into being a battery again. This was posted in the testing feedback that power out on recharge was way too little unlike before and they never cared to do anything about it.

What do you really want to do as a controller since you don't want to power heal, debuff or stun?
    • Like x 1
  11. monaka Well-Known Player

I would recommend going full power in your mods instead of Vita.

I was struggling to keep all 3 debuffs on along with giving power because the debuffs and stuns consume too much power. I ended up switching vita for power and seem to be able to do spam debuffs, stuns and recharge much more.

I know it's hard to keep power up for some power hungry DPSs but in 90% of the cases it can be managed with spamming recharge.
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I wonder how many troll threads will have to pop up before the devs do something about it
    • Like x 4
  13. monaka Well-Known Player

No gadgets dps will spec in all 300 powers in his rotation because it's a useless, power hungry and have longer animations. On top of that, a rotation with all 300 powers is not dealing enough DPS.

As far as your second point is concerned, I agree.
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

Yeah... LOL... Um... What? Anyways: dps hwo try hard to land first on scoreboard, often make the mistake to fill theyr loadouts with 300+ powers and think they can spam all day with pure might mods and only one for half power in head... Well, at first i made a mistake too: i tryed to cater for those hwo sucked the troll empty. I drunk an insane amount of colas to do so and dumped like crazy. Not anymore! If a dps thinks he can do so without a second troll in group, i will not dump untill he lands last on scoreboard. At least i can controll who fails if i want to... Self sufficiance pls.
    • Like x 2
  15. Isif Committed Player

Ah, ye ole Clap/Spin Taz action. Nothing like a good Instant spam to solve inefficient loadouts. Tanking is nice these days, I seem to be able to still have power and still stay alive after a DPS belly flop on a skull. They definitely redesigned Troll role for someone else. We all must adapt. When there are no more trolls, people will be forced into power conservation. Just another another 2 cents between your car seats.
  16. monaka Well-Known Player

It's not my job to care for inefficient load outs or to call out people. As a controller, I would power heal and if I have to spam power to fill power bars, I would do just that. The power is free and does not cost money to give out, just a bit of thumping a keystroke.

Stop preaching to other people, just do your part and get on.

All I see is trollers telling others to manage their power bars, talking about inefficient load outs others have; them not being power battery; not wanting to debuff or stun or do anything instead of trying to as much as is possible.

This attitude is a big problem, what do the controllers want to do? Do they want to heal, tank or DPS in controller role because clearly all of them seem to hate giving power and do their part.

The troll role under the revamp has been designed to be all about power spamming because the insta power heal has been restrained. My pot has literally been halved. Enough feedback was made available, nothing was done.

If the controller role does not want to be a power battery, then take two controllers in a raid and if one has to solo troll, power spamming/power battery is still an option.
  17. Shifty Committed Player

There are alot off ppl relying on 300 cost powers only :p it's easy to spot if you know the powers well :p
  18. Shifty Committed Player

If a gadgets dps is spamming 3 300cost powers then that person hasn't even tried other things, just assume the 300s are the best, but there's a few 100cost powers that are way better than all the 300s besides EMP lol
  19. Isif Committed Player

Just too funny that they turned trolling into the slop that it is. Enjoy.
    • Like x 1
  20. Wallachia Devoted Player

I don't think that being a troll is a bad thing. I mean, I have been trolling many places with shitposts.

Oh, wait, you meant actual controllers. You know, I am going to make and level a controller just to see if it's as bad as you guys say it is.