So what's going to be done about this?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by LighTning Emperor, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Dene Devoted Player

funny.. never realised this.. so true

but if i toggle pvp icon in pve phase can villains attack me ? If so.. then there's no point in having pvp phase at all
  2. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

AND THERE IT IS.............. I have had and been playing my Atomic Tank since the power set went live. One of a trio of alts I currently have at CR 196 and I'll be perfectly frank.. I was worried that when AM disappeared I'd be left with this totally useless piece of crap that was unable to do anything. Let's face it the COMBO attacks are what generates your aura and the aura is what provides the heals and power back so with AM disappearing who knew what would be left?

Thankfully the result was just the opposite and now I rarely even bother to switch to DPS because I can do decent damage with TANK mode and YES OMG .. imagine a tank that can actually heal itself and generate power back? So of course the first thing we simply HAVE to do is nerf it?

Here's an idea.. Stop even using that word and if the tank you own doesn't match up concentrate on your OTHER idea and scream and holler for the other tanks to get buffed so they work the same....Or are we all afraid that if FIRE, ICE, EARTH and RAGE tanks all suddenly can do good damage AND don't require a ton of heals or power we might start seeing teams that are 6-1-1... THAT translating to 6 TANKS, 1 Troll and 1 Healer (JUST IN CASE) and OMG no DPS?
    • Like x 1
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

He's talking about PvP
  4. Gimpy Loyal Player

1 quick and easy way to find out if they can or not.

PVE phase, toggle PVP on and go into open world and see what happens.

PVE Ring Wars has Heroes versus Villains so I don't see why not.
  5. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I'm well aware of what he is talking about and I also remember when we got that lovely deserter penalty a few years back. The big reason behind THAT change? After the Dev team, in their infinite wisdom, decided that unless you WON a match you got zero PVP marks. And then the fun began.. Especially in the "lair" matches.... If it became obvious their was absolutely no way a player could rally and win the match they simply quit. Now the Other player won the match and got their rewards BUT because the loser "deserted" the match and didn't stay to the end ... the match did not count towards a feat. And so TADA.. the Deserter penalty was born. And of course instead of JUST doing it on the PvP side the Devs just instituted it through out the whole game.

NOW tell me you do not recall what a nightmare that was? I will keep it short but on one raid... I had been with the team from beginning to end and then.. The game DCed me right after the final boss died and right before the final reward box came up. NOT ONLY did I not get the marks and armor drop I should have BUT I go a ten minute penalty for deserting the mission. NOW exactly how is quitting a mission AFTER the last boss is dead deserting it?

I'm sorry but there are way more players that are only playing PvE content and could care less about PvP for us to go through any more of that crap. Like I said... If the OP doesn't like the ability to heal and regain power an ATOMIC tank gets in PvP how about we scream and holler to get that same ability for all the other tanks instead of the FIRST thing we want is ATOMIC nerfed. Oh and just to be clear so no one gets the idea I only care about Atomic because I OWN one.. I have over 2o alts and guess what.? I have an ICE Tank, a Fire Tank, a Earth Tank and a Rage Tank as well.

Sorry but I am just tired of hearing the word NERF any time some one does not like the fact that something works better, faster or is stronger than they think it should be
    • Like x 2
  6. Streven Dedicated Player

That's not a terribly high dps combo is it? Just wail on them with your best rotation while they do that.
  7. YinChakra Dedicated Player

I wish, i played against a smart ice player. He had well timed shield rotation, dot field and weapon buff.
  8. Surtur Well-Known Player

Yes, you can be attacked. The opposing side (hero or villain) needs to toggle as well. You can tell if they are toggled PVP if they are red dots on mini map instead of purple.
  9. iNeoN Active Player

My experience. Others could have a different view.

Since the revamp I have been doing alot of pvp as a Ice 275 sp player. I've done around 200 matches so far and have yet to beat a Atomic player. All the other powers I have had no problem with except Atomic. I think this needs to be looked at by the developers.

I am not here for a debate, or here to respond to other post about this subject. I am just here to give my feedback. Thank you.
    • Like x 1
  10. Ringz Dedicated Player

11. SparkmanX Committed Player

Why PvE players need to deals with the problems of PvP? If you nerf a power for some PvP players, them what happen with PvE?
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Nothing. Powers operate different in PvP then they do in PvE.
    • Like x 2
  13. Dene Devoted Player

ok.. so based on this

My idea is simple, like Gimpy's, remove PVP phase - if you wanna fight Villians, then toggle your icon and bob's your uncle!
  14. SparkmanX Committed Player

I din't know that.
    Thats cool!
  15. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

There is a difference between having a power work as intended and a power that is so powerful it's technically an exploit. People are definitely taking advantage of the fact atomic IS a broken power in PvP at the moment. I'm sure since you are atomic you are upset but if you were on the receiving end you would probably have similar thoughts to my own. Also, I did mention that they could buff the other healing tank powers as well. So don't think I instantly suggested a nerf.
  16. Gimpy Loyal Player

Yet somehow some of the changes done to powers and movements in one phase have had an effect in the other phase in the past.

Unintentional but it's happened.
  17. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

No you didn't necessarily suggest a NERF? but have you met our DEV TEAM? As i mentioned in my previous post the major reason for the Deserter penalty was PvP and not even all of PvP mostly just the Lair battles. The SOLUTION? A Deserter Penalty that at the time was ten minutes long and because it was EASIER to just slap it up there across the board the stupid thing wound up a nightmare on the PvE side.. And then of course after the screaming erupted here on the forum as countless tales of abuse poured in it basically evolved into a useless JOKE. I can walk into a mission, realize i have no desire to play with the person or perssos on that team and turn around and walk back out .. and by the time I warp back outside I usually have less than 1 minute left before my "PENALTY" for quitting is over. Its no deterrent at all so why they just don't throw the whole idea in the trash is beyond me.

Oh and don't forget the "BEST" part. The whole reason why players were leaving PvP matches to begin with was the lovely idea the DEV team came up with where unless you won a PvP match of ANY kind you got no reward. Well that went over So well that while they were still imposing a ten minute long penalty to a PvE player who had the nerve to get dc'd by the game they changed their minds on the reward policy and win or lose a player in any PvP match got at least some reward.

Now translate that to this situation...... Atomic is too powerful in PvP... So our aggressive, energetic, and eager DEV team can do one of two things.. Upgrade all the other TANK powers so they are just as powerful as Atomic.... Or nerf the crap out of Atomic ... Educated guess bases on past history? They will nerf one power before they spend the time and effort to fix all the others. (and let's get realistic if they nerf it it will wind up being a nerf that affects PvP and PvE or they will have a lot more work to do)

Look at how long it took them to finally get Nature and Electric working to where you didn't actually see posts on LFG state they were looking for DPS and then also stating "except for ... Pick either one of the two i have seen both"

I'm sorry As stated I have no interest in PvP so I realize this issue does not bother me a bit but over the years time and time and time again we have seen instances where players came on here moaning about this or that or whatever and making enough of a noise that the DEVs decided to "help" them and the results have been some of the goofiest changes that have actually driven some players away from the game altogether.

Frankly the fact that tanks, and not just Atomic, are dealing more damage and players are perfectly happy having them on teams again is a GOOD thing. Heck I did an alert the other day with an Atomic Tank, an Earth Tank and Healer and a Troll. And everything went fine and we were done in no time. NOTICE ANYTHING? Not a single DPS and it may have taken a minute or so longer than if we had one. Heck with my Atomic generating its own heals and power back it was even easier for the Troll and healer to keep the whole team and full strength throughout.
  18. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

Nuff said.
  19. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

Seems like the devs want to skip over this one...again lol. They going to wait until some makes a private server and actually listens to people causing them to just go over to that instead.
  20. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

I went legendary right now. Why don't I get a free power respec token?