Soda is the new Troll

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by C0de, Aug 17, 2017.

1. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Kind of depends on the power you are talking about and the role... My Atomic tank can sit surrounded by mobs and just keep using my melee combos.. never run out of power or health... Then i switch from tank to DPS... the power drain is disturbingly fast. I'll be perfectly honest.. With the increase i have in damage out after the revamp.. i rarely even bother going DPS anymore. AND amazingly no one is screaming "GO DPS!" at me .
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Soders, sidekick, supply drop, pets, back up they're my support roles :)
    • Like x 1
  3. krytine Loyal Player

Every time I have run with a troll in the alerts the troll only needs pot. The healer tank and dps all had enough power. Maybe a soder would be used from time to time but the troll outdamage one of the 2 dps in the group and was on the heals of the top dps. I love running balanced groups we do plenty of damage and we walk through with no issues when i go with 3 dps they just burn burn burn and won't get out of fire or block and that 1 poor healer is out of power then a wipe. So the short story is tanks are doing great damage trolls are doing good and healers aren't bad and i finish with no issue with balanced groups. And normally faster then the stacked dps groups
  4. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

No matter what people say, you're not supposed to be able to spam powers willy-nilly.

DC is just being nice and giving people crutches because this is casual MMO
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You just noticed that? Lol I can't wait for the revamp aftermath to die down.
    • Like x 2
  6. C0de Well-Known Player

I start of my rotation with unleash anti-matter to daze the mobs which increases my damage output and clip that into atom powered assault. Then I just go back and forth between neutron bomb and nuclear burst. Already specced into all the power regen passive skills thats a no brainer. Nope don't use robot sidekick and yeah i know to spec into superpowered mastery lol. Doesn't matter what i do, even if I only use neutron bomb or nuclear burst still eventually run out of power. I've never had to chug so many sodas as I have since the revamp and my compliants isn't about the revamp persay. Its more or less the combo cost of the powers that doesn't allow you to really pfft for too long even with a troll.
  7. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

so then by this post, it would be better to just 'battle tank' as atomic no?
  8. The Anxient Loyal Player

Definitely easier on power if there's no troll. I really don't understand why it's so hard to inv a troll or alter your play style a bit when you don't have a troll. Guess I'm in the minority
    • Like x 2
  9. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Try using Atom Splitter, APA or PR, Beta Surge, Neutron Bomb, and for the last two spots its your choice. Rotation would be AS>BS>NB (once you have aura up) rinse and repeat. It should do a lot better for you and maybe ease your complaints on soder chugging lol.
  10. The Anxient Loyal Player

None of the combos play off of daze pi. Just abandon the daze pi and that will help a little.
    • Like x 1
  11. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I noticed no difference on my healer last night. And I intentionally spam healed but couldn't get my power bar below 35%. I didn't use weapons at all, and I hit powers as soon as they came off cool down through the entire time.
  12. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Is it better at this point for healers to spec power over Resto?
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

As a Weapon Expert DPS I haven't noticed any difference under the nerfed troll-less buff. Weird, that ;-)
    • Like x 1
  14. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

On that particular build I have 65 in power and 85 in resto. I'm actually starting to think power is more important to a dps than the Crits as well(if you have low so anyway). I wouldn't say power over resto, but a mix between the 2 yes. I went in one day with about 80 unspent sp and added them where i felt I needed them during the runs. For the loadout and playstyles I was using, I found 65 power worked well.

• Like x 1
  15. Wallachia Devoted Player

How not to need controllers in content: Spam slow combo powers or slow power consuming superpowers. You will notice how your powerbar will not drop. Forget buffs, forget dots, forget everything. Stand back and spam the same weak yet not consuming power over and over.
    • Like x 1
  16. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

It sounds like we don't need no stinkin' Trolls.
    Trolls need more Power Output and CC. They need to be a viable force and support.
    It's time for DCUO to free the Trolls! Give them the abilities they deserve.
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Unless the people in your group are ultimate scoreboard chasers who stand in every fire blast possible, then your current power regen will be fine to keep everyone alive. Basically, if you're struggling with power at the moment, go with superpowered for extra regen (it gives you more than using weapons to get it back, lol). If you're fine with power at the moment, stick with hybrid for the 5% resto buff.

Once you have an idea of your healing playstyle, THEN pick out your mods. If you still feel like you're having problems with power, go with resto/power mods in a couple of slots until you feel comfortable.
  18. xJenovax Well-Known Player

Get a better loadout or one within your means.