Test Discussion Water Powers

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Disagree... You cant say to play just YOUR ROLE.. YOUR ROLE IS to CONTRIBUTE as much as you POSSIBLY CAN TO WIN.. THATS EVERYONES ROLE.. Whether if its PICKIN UP, hittin switches, Shields, DAMAGE, Blockin, heals, power, GROUP breakouts/shields, etc.. If thats the case then Why was atomic created with the INTENTIONS to be a battle tank??? They even further support it for other tanks by giving us a MOD to for not blocking and a trait INNATE for tanks.. Dont blame me, the devs are the ones that implemented battle ROLE OPTION in the game.. ALL other roles contribute in DAMAGE while still CONTRIBUTING in their ROLES... HEALS are the only ones without that OPTION.. Trolls Debuffing still deal DMG, tank spam aggro still DEAL DMG, HEALS just HEAL.. You see the pattern/issue? Healers want to contribute while effectively doing their ROLE as well, just like every other POWER..

Nah you havent fixed anything for me.. I can count on my hands between ALL the heal powers that ACTUALLY do dmg.. So there arent any REAL BATTLE HEALERS... Fixed that for you

Lastly.. Why give healers SOOOO MUCH MIGHT?? i have 10k might for what?? At least swap healer gear stats for MORE PRECISION or HEALTH&Power... These gear stats dont make any sense.. Which goes back to the the 2nd paragraph..
    • Like x 3
  2. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

THIS ! THIS ! THIS ! THIS ! THIS ! THIS !

A to the MEN!!! WELL SAID!! Encourage BATTLE SUPPORT ROLES! It balances out, the over populated market of DPSes.. as People with HIGH enough SP can manage BATTLE SUPPORT ROLES..

Having VARIETY for your ROLE can NEVER be a BAD thing! i REPEAT, VARIETY can NEVER be a BAD thing! ONLY 1 WAY/OPTION(PURIST:rolleyes:) vs multiple WAYS/OPTIONS ..

Which is Why the DEVS ALSO support VARIETY by giving us WEAPON FOCUSED, HYBRID , PFTT.. Variety IS KEY!

Imagine eating the same food everyday over and over all in the name of being a PURIST.. LOL

VARIETY is LIFE!
    • Like x 2
  3. Trexlight Devoted Player

As someone stated before, this discussion isnt needed in this thread. If you wish to continue then start a thread in Gotham City. For now, its better to agree to disagree and keep this thread discussing Water, not explanations of Role Options.
    • Like x 1
  4. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Bro you lead me a stray.. Im responding to your comment that was directed towards ME.. my ORIGINAL comments were directed TOWARDS water and specific request for Water interactions, ANIMATIONS, dual functionalities.. You just like to debate, its very clear, we all know lol. send me a PM if you wanna debate.. Now when i respond to you here, you're saying im off topic. smh you cant have it both ways trex. lol
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

I responded to you offering my opinion on the matter of the Role Options so yes I did stray a bit from thread and so this is me underailing it. As i said, agree to disagree and forums are indeed about debate whether I like it or not. Others have opinions and they are more than willing to share it and thats what I did. I have no need to PM you on this subject as you have shared yours and I have shared mine and in the end, agree to disagree.
    • Like x 1
  6. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Ok thats fine and cool, but just remember, that when you are the INITIATOR to debate/comment OFF TOPIC from the OP/THREAD, that you cant tell someone they are off topic(or post somewhere else) when you initiated the OFF TOPIC comment/debate.. lol Im all for agreeing to disagree while its on topic.. have a good day sir
  7. Flipeled Level 30

I agree with the people saying Tsunami Strikes need a healing effect added to it, but only while in Healer role. The concept of battle roles always appealed to me, as you are not stuck doing only one thing.
    I don't see why it is a big deal for some people, as there is no need to reduce the damage potential either, as the healing will be attached only to the Healer role.
    It would add another option for different loadouts.
    If you don't want to use it, just don't use it.
    • Like x 3
  8. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

What was the reasoning provided behind removing power out from the testing dummies?
  9. Swiftduck Loyal Player

I wish I knew
  10. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

I mean have people forgotten how Powerful ARc lightning is? Doesnt split damage. GOOD in damage, its a low cost burst heal with 3 sec cooldown for DUAL ROLES.. OOPS did i say too much? lol did i spill the beans? lol

I mean the tools for DUAL role potential is the game.. Just need more consistency across the board for all healer powers.. Where is waters version of Arc lightning? Or where is waters version of Cursed IDOL? Im not asking for the same COPY and paste ideas, but something along the lines of DUAL functionalities for water..
    • Like x 2
  11. Flipeled Level 30

Exactly. It would be cool and different for Tsunami Strikes to have a healing portion.
    Water is already very different from Celestial, one healing combo wouldn't hurt any of the powers, and would make Water healing that much more fun. It would also help with that "only having healing abilities or damaging abilities".
    • Like x 2
  12. Trexlight Devoted Player

Always check patch notes ;)
  13. TRELL1 Well-Known Player

Did anyone test TS heal in a group yet? Does it heal on cast or per combo tap?
  14. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I finally am able to get on test and am playing with the water powers and so far, at least as a DPS power, I'm not impressed. I'm hoping as I tweak it it gets better.
    • Like x 1
  15. Beebe New Player

I'd like a developer to please review and answer my earlier inquiry about the mitigation numbers for Bubble I tested and shared on pg 13 of this thread. Thanks!
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

It's sort of a modified version of Restore or MRE except returning power, not health.
  17. Swiftduck Loyal Player

This comment is for the character animation for Tsunami Strikes.

The Characters feet animation NEEDS TO BE CHANGED if you are going to keep it from moving forward with the casts.

Before, when you moved forward, the "walk" as i will call it, looked really nice and smooth. The motions made sense because you were actually moving forward. Now it does not make sense.

Your character does this weird "shuffle" with his feet, that really stands out to me as unnatural and rigid.

While you are flying, this is not an issue. It works well and does not look funny. This was the case before and after the change.

I suggest that the animation of the legs change to something that reflects the change to not moving foward.

If that serves too difficult, perhaps make TS a mobile casted power. This may work with Ebb/Flow as well.

If neither of these fixes are possible.

Revert it back to moving forward. It really wasn't that bad.
    • Like x 1
  18. Heal up 96 Level 30

I agree the DPS needs to be looked at especially for aquatic Arsenal being a melee power feels very underpowered for the amount of risk you're taking.
    • Like x 2
  19. silikyan Well-Known Player

[IMG]
  20. Reef Raider New Player

Numbers wise, it seems like Soothing Mist now heals on par with other healer powers priority heals (cept Nature but thats due to PI). Tsunami strike heal approximately half of this to lowest group member only and from my memory hits on cast and combos.

I am really loving the variety that we currently have with water healing. From what I can see you can really play your own way with it. Only move that seems granted is solace/riptide combo, but definitely seeing possibilities for tsunami strikes (although I am still working out ways to justify High Tide in my loadout)
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.