Soda is the new Troll

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by C0de, Aug 17, 2017.

1. C0de Well-Known Player

This update to decrease the controller roleless buff was completely unnecassary. You could've just buffed the controllers power dump and pot and that would've solved that issue. Now i'm almost always out of power due to my powerset (atomic) being extremely power hungry or just due to the fact that freaken combo powers consume power as well. I don't have the luxury of running with a troll with me due to me pugging most of the time and even when i do the it isn't too much better.

Its like i'm almost being forced to change powers because of the way things are right now. Balanced? my ***!! I don't care if my powerset isn't one of the strongest out there anymore, I just want to be able to play from the tray without having to chug a stack of colas everywhere I go. Sigh* I guess imma have to start looking into playing hybrid.....thanks dc!:mad: Oh and did they reduce the health out of combat regeneration? It seems extremely more slower now than it was before....ugh!
    • Like x 1
  2. LT Schmitt Committed Player

Fix it till you break it. This is not wait people who lay the game want.
  3. Mazahs Loyal Player

Get a troller to run with you...problem solved
    OR the devs could make pew-pewless buff and then we could just go without DPS who whine about power/heals/or damage mitigation...

You choose
    • Like x 4
  4. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

It could always be worse, remember that. The problem is the guidelines they are using in regards to combo powers because these guidelines don't take into consideration the functionality differences to each combo power. Like Celestial is slow and steady wins the race (ex: PcDL) and great on power consumption in dps role because the combos are longer and slower. Powers like Atomic and Hard Light are a lot more clip heavy in comparison to Celestial so the power consumption is twice as fast resulting in being more power hungry (Especially HL). The dev's need to stray from the guidelines in certain aspects because the powers and roles have different functionality and mechanics to them.
    • Like x 1
  5. Mazahs Loyal Player

I have a CRAZY idea...
    Get rid of roleless buff for top tier of the game.

No reason for it here
    • Like x 4
  6. hoaxone Committed Player

I lost interest when u said " Balanced? my ***!! I don't care if my powerset isn't one of the strongest out there anymore,"
  7. The Anxient Loyal Player

Make a group with a troll. The roleless buff was too strong.
    • Like x 2
  8. JasonIsley Devoted Player

9. C0de Well-Known Player

Yeah I guess your right, didn't take that into consideration. It just somewhat sucks that I can't do things like reapply my Pi every rotation like some powers do. I'm always in conservation mode. But with how long it takes for atomic users to get there auras and how easily you can be interrupted and have to get your stacks again, just wish the combo mechanics was balanced for those situations. Its just ironic that in tank role power issues are non-existent. I think my tank side has a mini AM to it that I don't know about. Actually I think all tanks are that way now since the revamp.
    • Like x 1
  10. The Anxient Loyal Player

Why are you setting a PI to use combos? The aura is your pi. The reason power is better in tank stance is because all combos are 100 power cost. In dps stance all but 1 of them are 200 power cost.
    • Like x 1
  11. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Your welcome. Glad I could help. o_O

Now imagine trying to play the game for years in support role only to be told "GO DPS!" every run.
    • Like x 3
  12. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

hum. I'm atomic. I don't dps all that much. why would I??? its a bore. but, with the load out I'm doing. I have little power troubles. but, then again. I could not care less if I'm top DPS or not. I do kick butt though...all this troll stuff is nothing but the people saying. I want easy mode again...learn your role. its all good.
    • Like x 1
  13. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I don't have to imagine I have been there far too often. Favorite story along those lines....

I had a league mate I'd team with constantly any time he was on line. The two of us would do just about anything together and had no issue using support roles even on duos. So one day I was on line alone and blind qued into a Demon Pit duo. My "team mate" refused to even move until I switched from tank to DPS (because that was back when that whole BS about if your not in DPS on a duo you are just useless and being carried began). So okay here is the thing... My alt had 2 armories and I always started in TANK on that duo because after defeating on Technician you were immediately engaging the first boss.

Well the two of us (both in DPS mode) attacked. It only took a few seconds before my team mate was down to a sliver of health. I quickly switched to TANK and drew the aggro away from him.. He was then able to heal and I stayed in Tank until the battle ended. Then I switched back to DPS which is what i would normally do anyway when i was teamed with my buddy.

Well that didn't last long because this guy was one of those that had thrown every possible bit of SP in Might and had no health and limited defense.... The mobs were killing him and I had to use MY Supply drop to keep him from dying.. When I asked.. he didn't bother slotting one of those.. had a consumable that did damage in stead. I wound up in TANK role the rest of the duo so he didn't wind up dead about 10 times.. When the mission ended... He was Number 1 on the score board. Of course the only reason he hadn't died like a dozen times was because of the TANK he initially refused to even consider playing with.

Story number 2 (shorter trust ms0 ON the Demon Plan alert I was in tank mode with my Atomic and one DPS was, as you mentioned , screaming at me to GO DPS.. A Tank was not needed and i was "only" slowing things down. Then we hit the first room of that mission and I used my melee combos. Every Ninja in the room was crowded around me and the other 3 could sit back and pound on them while I stunned and knocked the mobs on their butts. Odly after that .. the guy never once hollered "GO DPS" again..

I can go on and on and on.. But hey .. MORE BURN IS BETTER.. right? LOL
    • Like x 1
  14. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Yea, always, cept when you spend far more time dying and trying to complete content than when you use them... :D
  15. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

You don't need to use PI, just grab the combos of your preference. Use either PR or APA for the shortcut to the aura. If you have a big problem getting interrupted in your combos a lot you could spec into control resistance (2 of them) in the movement tree, or put energize on as your SC. Also are you using Robot Sidekick? Because that kills the passive power regen. Make sure you're using the Superpowered Mastery. All those things should help out a ton! Any questions feel free to ask me :D

In tank role the melee combos are 100 power cost and the combo cost is 100 too. This goes back to what I stated earlier about longer, slower animations. The melee combos have a lot longer animations compared to clipping animations on the range tap combos.
  16. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

man, these forums are ratchet as f*** these days.
  17. BumblingB I got better.

Auto correct hates that word. :(
    • Like x 4
  18. Backseid Devoted Player

How is power regen from using weapons?

Is that still a thing?
  19. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Runnin' alerts with a troll sucked, now runnin alerts without a troll will also suck.

The problem was Trolls could not put out enough power.
    DCUO solution -- Roleless buff also does not put out enough power.
    How stupid is that?
    • Like x 2
  20. BumblingB I got better.

If the chose super power and pftt then you lose your weapon regen capabilities and gain extra passive regen.
    • Like x 1