DLC

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by xoHLxDPSox, Aug 17, 2017.

1. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

which is my point of it all, if the entire content of Sept that they release then its considered a event IMO.
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

Well if a few instances remain permanent then that would be the episode part. All i see is an event converted into an event/episode by keeping the open world or 1,2 instances permanent. If im not mistaken parts of it take place out in gotham. I could see that being the permanent part. A few open world mission and maybe a bounty out there might get some traffic out in gotham. Its like a ghost town when i go out there now. Other then right in front of the police stations i rarely run into other players out there.
  3. BumblingB I got better.

The difference between an event and DLC is one is temporary and one is not. So... is the Sept release temporary or fixed?
  4. Dene Devoted Player

just joking around :) - sorry
  5. Dene Devoted Player

The article reads as if it is a permanent DLC

i swear i saw somewhere where some is permanent and some is temporary but that may no longer be the case
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

I just went and reread the letter and it says a new version of gotham. And it will have a preview. My guess is the new gotham area is 100% permanent. Whatever tho. We are all guessing. Tbh ive never understood the secrecy with this stuff. I greatly dislike announcements that have details left out. I get why its done. Doesnt mean i have to like it. Sept is only a few weeks away. I guess maybe the secrecy is because they havent finalized details? Idk.
    • Like x 1
  7. BumblingB I got better.

I was trying to show him the difference.

Originally the Sept release was supposed to be a full on event. Later they said that it will be a hybrid with some permanent additions that are sort of an extension of AOJ. They decided because of how poorly received events were, that they would just make it a full on DLC. Most likely the rewards represent the permanent time frame.
    • Like x 1
  8. BumblingB I got better.

It will have a preview area like AOJ did with War-Torn Village.
    • Like x 2
  9. Dene Devoted Player

Not sure there is any real secrecy - sounds like all plans about making an event were reworked and it is now simply a new DLC - with everything being like AOJ is/was - a temp limited preview for level 10+, just like AOJ had,the rest is for ppl of a certain cr
    • Like x 1
  10. Dene Devoted Player

Sorry for the confusion BB - that's exactly what I thought too..
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You've read some info but have clearly missed a boatload of other stuff. The September thing was originally an event which after Starro event feedback became a hybrid event thing. Then more feedback rolled in and they changed it to an Episode with a preview period like AoJ had. The September content was already underway, so it didn't need too many drastic changes to convert it to permanent content. It'll likely hit test shortly after Water drops on live 8/30/17. The end.
    • Like x 1
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Your 'feelings' aside, it is an Episode. They've made the necessary changes to make it so.
  13. Ringz Dedicated Player

I too would have sold you crackers with lobster prices, if people bought it ;)
  14. BumblingB I got better.

15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

As Jack Ryder would say "YOU ARE WRONG"!!! It's no longer an event, period. Full stop. Stop thinking of it as such. It'll be a full episode like Age of Justice.
  16. Surtur Well-Known Player

Whether we like it or not the events are and should be considered as DLC....a temporary one but a DLC nonetheless and To be honest, I actually like the events the best out of all the content.
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

They're making the former event-turned-episode the same way they did Age of Justice, all permanent content with some preview stuff for lower levels/f2p folks. The gear grind will likely be shorter accordingly, and you should expect the gear to be a little better than Blackhawk ( just not a great deal).
  18. Ringz Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

I still wont expect it to be better then blackhawk. And if it is but we can beat the content w/out it whats the point of getting it when new gear is right around the corner with ep30?
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Umm dude, the last time we needed to gear up to beat new content was back in the Origin Crisis days. We are LONG past the days of gearing up to actually get through new raids. Unless they want to make me look stupid, November's Episode will be beat with a mix of Blackhawk/September gear...and we'll all be here in November in the latest 'DCUO is still too easy' thread (you can take that to the bank). As far as September's gear, it will be better...just not by the wide AoJ to November margin.