DLC

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by xoHLxDPSox, Aug 17, 2017.

1. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

So if Earth 3 is suppose to be here in Nov, and they said we'd get 2 more DLC this year. How are they going to do another DLC and have it bug free before December is up?

and for those of you who come in and say 'well in Sept we're getting a hybrid' no thats not a DLC thats a event to give us something to do til Nov.

Again, thats a EVENT in September, not a DLC.
  2. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Dlc/event isn't it still content no matter how you put it? For players who love open world missions,, its a great thing, and it offers que up for instance lovers, best of both?
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

They've converted the event into a episode. Shame too, was looking forward to a couple of months of chill content I can blind queue.
    • Like x 1
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Pretty sure they count the Sept content as a DLC.

You pretty much answer this in your post. Look at the timeframe.

Sept- Riddler
    Nov- Earth 3

No way they would have another DLC in December.
    • Like x 2
  5. xD25x Dedicated Player

Of course an event counts as a dlc. It may not be the type of content you want but it is most certainly a dlc.
  6. Dene Devoted Player

its a dlc/event - most of it will stay permanently
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

• Like x 4
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

• Like x 1
  9. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

doesnt change the fact its more of a event then a full blown DLC.
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

no but they like counting 'major events' as DLC ;)
  11. Dene Devoted Player

read the article posted :p

• Like x 1
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

define chill content?

the grind is just as bad if not worse in these new events.
    • Like x 1
  13. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

not actual content, side / filler content at best.
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Just super easy fun stuff you don't have to LFG
  15. Dene Devoted Player

i got this wrong.. apologies all.. its all staying
    • Like x 1
  16. Dene Devoted Player

the article is clear.. it is a dlc and has 2/4/8 player missions.. new stuff etc and solo outside stuff

its just as big as AOJ

• Like x 1
  17. Dene Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  18. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

actually I have this morning around 6am est.
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

We know no details at all really about those 2 whatever ya wanna call em except nov is large scale. Look at the timelines. Sept content isnt even on test yet. Probably wont happen til after water goes live. And stuff stays on test 2-3 weeks. Which means at the earliest its going live is sept 15-sept 22nd. And 2-8 weeks later or less we get a large episode? I wouldnt expect any gear in sept thats better then blackhawk gear unless its OP items like starro.

I expect 1 or 2 instances from sept content to stay permanent. Maybe the open world part will. My guess is it will be way more of an event then an episode. Unless they put better vendor gear in sept content and the grind is very short. So 3 months to grind for blackhawk gear but then maybe a month or 2 grind for better gear and then nov episode hits and more grind for even better gear? Dont see that happening. Sept will probably have a vendor with a style like the conqueror style and a new TC to go w/it.

For the record to an event isnt an episode. Events are limited time while episodes are permanent. If sept is split between the 2 then the limited time content is the event part. Starro, anniversary, and all seasonals have all been labeled events and they are all limited time content.
    • Like x 1
  20. inferno Loyal Player

Forget the word "event" when referring to the September release. It was originally intended to be but per repercussion from the last episode with vendor gear and missions, it was changed. To be honest, I don't even know why they started doing Large events. Those should have been just straight out Episodes. The anniversary event was limited but the Starro event certainly had enough content to had been called an episode; open world, duo, alert and raid.

Anywhoooo, September is the Joker Vs. Riddler and November is the Crime Syndicate. Cannot wait...
    • Like x 3