Pick 1 Scoreboard or Mechanics?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alrighty Then, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Everyone keeps saying it's wonderful that Mechanics are important now.
    So why do we have a scoreboard? DPS's keep failing to do mechanics; even if a shield needs to come down; just to be Top DPS. If you really want mechanics to mean something, get rid of the scoreboard.
    Then maybe, players will bother to learn the game.
    • Like x 4
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Another scoreboard thread....I actually miss the stat clamping and blue lantern threads now.
    • Like x 11
  3. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

well, at least he made a good point...
    • Like x 3
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Scorecard isn't the problem. The thing was designed to see how well each player was doing, but for some reason It and numerous Power/Fotm Changes shook DCUO into the very DPS Comp foundation you see today.

If I had it my way, I'd just update the scorecard; and then focus on mechanics.

Removing the Scorecard isn't going to remove your experience with bad groups, the only thing that'll accomplish that goal is the ignore feature.
    • Like x 5
  5. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

1. Give players options
    2. Teach players how to use the basics of the game
    3. Use content to encourage situations that require different options to be used
    4. Educate players on their performance with a fully detailed scoreboard displayed
    5. Place emphasis on cooperative type scores and elements that help a team over individual number counts
    • Like x 3
  6. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

I pick: uninstall
    • Like x 1
  7. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Excellent points. Revamp is all about, a return to learning how to play the game. If DCUO has made this big commitment; take the next step. Fix the Scoreboard. Make it a Scorecard; with teachable stats. It should not be a DPS competition.
    • Like x 2
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

[IMG]

So we cant have both in the game? Whats the reason for not having both? Removing the scorecard means somehow people will learn mechanics? People only learn if they want to learn. Start accepting some people just behave badly in terms of playing this game. Removing this or changing that is not gonna change selfish players. They have to do that on their own.

The real issue is being allowed to circumvent mechanics in the game. Which still happens btw. For example even a decent grp can ignore the purple flash thingy from eclipso at the end of WC and never cleanse it. And healers wont even struggle to keep people alive there w/out a troll. An average group can ignore it and complete the fight with little to no issue. This scoreboard stuff is getting silly.
    • Like x 4
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Fun fact. In almost all group instances I play, I have the lowest damage out AND the lowest damage in compared to the other DPS. Does that make me a good player? xD
  10. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I think its totally Ironic that DCUO goes through all this trouble; just to continually encourage players to do just the opposite. It is completely counter-productive to the Revamp.
    • Like x 1
  11. krytine Loyal Player

The scoreboard should have a new category a points system one that puts value

1. Dropping a supply drop and how many players use it
    2. Doing pick ups
    3. Loss of points for being ko
    4. Shielding
    5. Buffing other players
    6. Power healing
    7. Healing out and self heals
    8.loss of points for healing in
    9. Damage
    10. Mechanics being triggered
    • Like x 3
  12. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

Yes. That would be supergreat.

Then you might have more dps using group shields or doing things more conducive to group play.

This deserves it's on thread.
    • Like x 1
  13. Perdition Committed Player

For me its simple now. When im trolling: No mechanics no power and no debuff's then the dps won't be able to dps and are forced to do the mechanics. Yes i do get alot of hate from them but alot of love by the support people aswell. JFAn first boss is the perfect example. Some brainless dps monkey said "it's the trolls job" which The Tank, Healer and me replied: Mechanics are a group effort! Not a support role effort!
    • Like x 4
  14. The Anxient Loyal Player

Think we're due for a cash cap thread and/or give me og auras thread soon.
    • Like x 2
  15. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Pointless thread.

How does the scoreboard even relate to the development of ingame mechanics? It doesn't. So it's not a dev issue but a issue with bad players you play with.

If the dps you play with ignore mechanics and you wipe, simply explain them then try again. If they are persistent in ignoring mechanics and just farm damage, then kick them.
    • Like x 4
  16. monaka Well-Known Player

The only ones that fail at mechanics are the ones that have little knowledge about them.

Serious players who have experienced the game fully know each and everything and don't fail them but that's just 10% of the game population while the rest are giving the scorecard a bad rep.

The only people agitated at the scorecard are the people who fail at the DPS role and just don't want to better their own performance but instead choose to get the scorecard removed.

If you not a mindless zombie, you should pick up on the mechanics by experiencing them and scorecard is not a deterrent.

Any good DPS knows that dying will result in much greater DPS loss than in a scenario where the DPS has to block or distance himself to avoid the boss mechanic.

So, your point is basically pointless but I don't think you will see that point.
  17. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I just want world peace.
  18. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I think it's funny that people who love the scoreboard; tell everyone else to do the Mechanics.
    If it's all about the scoreboard; kill the Mechanics and make this game a DPS FEST.
    • Like x 2
  19. LexxCorp Well-Known Player

Scoreboard defeats the purpose of promoting group synergy
    • Like x 1
  20. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Removing the scoreboard because of bad players is the equivalent of saying lets get rid of chat because there are bad players. Not everybody misuses the features givin.
    • Like x 1