Test Discussion Water Powers

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Exactly, like how Arc Lighting does damage and heals a small amount in Damage Role. In Healer Role it does moderate Damage and has a bigger heal. Water needs a power like that and I think it's Waterspouts.
    • Like x 2
  2. spord Developer

I'll see what I can do to fix these types of issues without removing the ability for Riptide to clip other animations.
    • Like x 3
  3. spord Developer

It is intended if you are in combat.
    • Like x 1
  4. Celestial Powers Committed Player

I was on the assumption you had it coded like Circle of Protection (As long as people are on it they'd receive the healing regardless of vertical differences or line of sight), but if it's like those types of heals you mentioned then yes it'll have the line of sight issues with objects blocking it which does kinda suck since the massive animation on the ability can be a deception if someones line of sight is obstructed just a tiny bit.

But there was still an instance where I had two of these circles out and it was not healing the person who had no obstruction in line of sight, they were literally on the edge of the water vortex, just before the jellyfish effect starts. I didn't take a clip unfortunately.

The only thing that I could think of for that scenario was that this person was also dead and then revived, I had the circles out before he was revived and so the ability didn't target him when deciding who to heal. So since it was cast (during his down state) it didn't register him on the map and didn't heal him despite him being on the animation with no obstructions when he was picked up.

This example was the Ghost fight in Ultimate Soldier.
  5. spord Developer

Them being knocked out was the issue. I should be able to fix that. Thanks for the extra details.

EDIT: Well turns out that isn't the issue. Reviving a downed group member still works in cases where the environment is not blocking the healing.
    • Like x 2
  6. Avair Administrator

When looking at healing loadouts we definitely include abilities that don't specifically heal but have ramifications in healer loadouts. Thus far we count the following abilities as healing loadout capable:
    1. Soothing Mist
    2. Mending Wave
    3. Blessing of the Depths
    4. Tempest's Guard
    5. Bubble
    6. Solace of the Sea
    7. Riptide
    8. High Tide
    9. Tsunami Strikes (no spoilers here)
    10. Flood of Power - Supercharge
    11. Tranquil Pool - Supercharge
    This idea becomes especially important in a power set that has a new mechanical focus and or a more utility ability style of play, such as Water (with High Tide/ Riptide). This doesn't mean that we are close minded about adding in more options, but we feel like the addition of High Tide and/ or Riptide to a healing load out will give a significant amount of flexibility and add to the gameplay.
  7. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Can we please get Solace to become a DPS dot?
    Sorry if I'm spamming, but I think it would be a shame if that thing was limited to only healer role.
    • Like x 2
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

well, it would not have to be strong. thats why i refered to mentals terror tendrills. if it is weak, stacking it wouldn't break the game...
  9. Celestial Powers Committed Player

I wouldn't consider High Tide a "Healing" ability currently since most of the bonuses for it are not worthwhile. I still wouldn't consider the bonuses valuable even with the inclusion of Tsunami Strikes as Tsunami Strikes is a 100 cost ability so I can already guess the healing from it will be secondary to the fact that it reduces the cooldown of High Tide.

However If the healing effect of Tsunami Strikes is valuable I would consider using it but still not High Tide. I really do hope those interactions will be buffed in ways suggested in the thread :).
    • Like x 2
  10. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

The thing with High Tide is that on the field is only useful on ONE ability, when i was healing with it using the synergy with Tsunami Strikes i was using the effect on BoD, and nothing else, because to reset the cooldown i had to do 2 rotations of TS. So why don´t change the mechanic of HT a little bit to make it more appealing, like raising the time its up and let it have 2 charges or uses within 12 secs at least, in case i need to trigger the HT effect on SM or TG if i already used on BoD.

I think that the mechanical concept is fantastic, but it needs a lil buff to make the choice between HT and Riptide more difficult.
    Just my 2 cents.
    • Like x 3
  11. Swiftduck Loyal Player

Make tsunami strikes a heal to better synergize with high tide in healer role.
    • Like x 3
  12. silikyan Well-Known Player

Thk you :D
  13. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Also is the eight man heal being weaker than electroburst/bio capacitor intended too?
    • Like x 1
  14. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

^ This! plz ;)
  15. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

Are there any testing areas where you can actually get power back from test dummies? No matter what I do, I run out of power in about 20 seconds...
  16. Regularman New Player

Now that Tsunami strikes doesn't make that much damage, maybe you can increase the damage on High tides + aquaspear and high tides + shark frenzy.
    or increase the damage on Tsunami back up a bit.
    don`t make Solace of the Deep a dps power
  17. Swiftduck Loyal Player

That's a negative on that ghostrider.
    • Like x 1
  18. Swiftduck Loyal Player

Yeah i feel like the other abilities could use a little touch. The DoT from aqua lance feels a little sluggish and could be brought up a little bit.
  19. Beebe New Player

So I tested out the numbers for Tempest Guard vs. Bubble to see if the overall damage mitigation would be the same... It isn't lol. Then I tested each different healing power set's shield damage mitigation numbers and they were all within about 2k of each other (could be due to my testing against burst damage, i don't know) so not a huge difference... Except for Bubble. Bubble is mitigating roughly 33% less damage than all other healer shields. Is this intentional because Water has 2 non-SC shields unlike any other power set, or is Bubble supposed to be pulling the same numbers as the rest of the healer's shields? (Btw, Bubble's lower damage mitigation is the same for the High Tide-Enhanced version from Tranquil Pool).
    • Like x 4
  20. loupblanc Dedicated Player

No SoS for Dps. Water dps potential already looks good enough, and does not need to look similar to other powersets with an AOE 12 dot mechanic.

Tsunami Strikes for healing most definitely!! :D This move is definitely the highlight of Water. Hard to imagine dpsing or healing without it.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.