Test Discussion Water Powers

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reef Raider New Player

Do you mean High Tide cooldown is too long? I mean Riptide seems great for cooldown considering it resets other things cooldown.
  2. silikyan Well-Known Player

Any news on bringing soothing mist base heal in line, it´s giving a heal almost same as 4-man for a 250 cost, it´s good with high-tide but with priority we cant wait 30sec or waste 450 of power each time and that is rather a kaiokenx10 duhhhhhh :confused::confused::confused:

Ps: really like tempest guard it was a good power you guys brought, it´ll make life easier on raids

Pss: Does anybody know what changed on hotfix day 08/15?
    • Like x 3
  3. EpicGrind Active Player

No, I mean Riptide. Considering what it can do, and knowing the community of this game it will be exploited eventually to do something that is not intended. My original suggestion a few pages back to to increase its cooldown to 18 or 30 secs. High Tide is perfect where it is.
  4. EpicGrind Active Player

5. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Spord plz consider raise the base heal value of Soothing mist, it really feels low without HT.
    • Like x 3
  6. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Can we get another leak pwease?

Have the Line of Sight issues with the Jellyfish Circle been looked into?
  7. Smiloudont Level 30

I really liked the power - the way it looks and the way it plays. High Tide is very interesting.
    But, I feel like we are very limited in the matter of healing and making damage variations. Because there are powers that are just for DPSing, that don't heal at all; and other powers that are just for healing, that don't make damage at all.
    I think the most concerning ones are the healing powers. Cuz if you don't make damage while using healing powers you won't get power back from them, especially if you are using Hybrid Focus. You will get without power very quickly. This would be very bad for this power, cuz it would make a healing power much more power hungry than it already is.
    My suggestion is to put some damage in powers like Sothing Mist, Blessing of the Depths and Mending.
    Maybe it would also be a good idea to put a little bit of healing in powers like Depth Charge and Waterspouts.
    This way players will have a lot more options to work with while building their load outs, and then it would give a more FLUID experience playing with Water - and FLUID is what water is all about, right? ;)
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The devs don't seem to big on the battle heal concept unfortunately, so if it's something you want to do, you'll have to jump through hoops. None of the healer powers offer many options and it is what it is. They could make the combos heal as well but that would nerf the damage they do.
    • Like x 1
  9. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Its Science not pokemon.. Im not here saying to make ELECTRIC players kill water players.. What Im trying to say is that, NPC/players who have been affected by water power interactions should, take additional damage.. Im pretty sure pokemon states if YOU are that counter type, your moves are super effective, WITHOUT power interactions.. Creating power synergy isnt that big of a deal.. Once again its taking additional dmg vs SUPER EFFECTIVE.. just my opinion tho
  10. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Thank you.... WATER is missing that DOT AOE... SOLACE OF THE SEA is perfect... Problem is that it can be stacked... WHICH is cool but IDEALLY.. Waterspout/whirlpool should be the LARGE AOE DOT.
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

Metabolism, cross poll, bloom, and blossom do nothing in dps role and also dont hit enemies in healer role or dps role ;) And thats just nature. Not saying im against what you're saying. But they would need to adjust the other power sets too then.
    • Like x 2
  12. Smiloudont Level 30

I feel the same thing about healing, but I think the solution would be to put some damage in some healing powers, like we have in Electricity, where we deal damage and heal at the same time, with the same powers.
    • Like x 2
  13. The3meraldKnight Active Player

I think so too somewhat, just not on sole healing powers to DPS (possible exception of SotS). As some people who have tested the healing side more extensively than I have. They say that the heals (especially the priority heal) aren't strong enough. If the cost is a bit too high, then adding damage or something to compensate for the loss of heals since HT feels almost irrelevant to use, or give an increase to the heals (most important of the two). Even turning Tsunami Strikes and/or Aqualance into a battle healing move at some cost of damage would be a great addition.
    My personal playstyle is to make good use of the abilities in my tray so they can all be used. I don't like having to rely on a bread and butter move (so to speak), like constantly using shields (Bubble and Tempest Guard), or just relying on AoE HoT (SotS).
    • Like x 1
  14. Tilz Loyal Player

I think you mean the crushed PI? Yes other powers should get affected by it i guess? Or doesn't a player benefit from other PIs?

---Pokemon: Types of moves are either super effective/effective (normal)/not very effective on certain types. The type of the move user doesn't matter. So a fire type using a grass move against a water type does super effective damage--- (just a off topic sidenote)
  15. Reef Raider New Player

We have got 2 AOE Dots currently (Drown and Aqualance with HT). Drown does approximately 20% less damage than electrocute and circle of destruction. Drown also can be stacked. Aqualance on the other hand has a big burst and then a 6 second dot that is approximately the range of the burst damage (which, might I add, that 6 second dot is just as strong as other powersets AOE DOTs but with the added benefit of burst).

I tried to justify turning solace of the sea into an AOE DOT but in the end you just would have to nerf the normal damage of it to be essentially the same as drown anyways to accommodate for the stacking possibilities. Not worth it just to allow dps to use the "pretty jellyfish" in their loadout which they probably won't use anyways if it's less practical than the other dots at our disposal.
  16. spord Developer

Agreed. Done.
    • Like x 3
  17. spord Developer

There was a bug here. Boosting Soothing Mist now. Thanks for the report.
    • Like x 4
  18. Elusian Crowd Control

Healing Abilities Access (excludes Supercharges):
    Note: It is not about usefulness or other things, just pure accessibility.

Sorcery: 10
    Celestial: 7 at base with a few more in combos hidden
    Electricity: 7
    Nature: 7
    Water: 6

I stay by my earlier comments in the feedback thread about expanding certain powers to open up further gameplay options in different directions.
    • Like x 2
  19. spord Developer

The line of sight for this ability doesn't work differently than that of other fields, like Electrocute or Soul Well. Generally line of sight issues are specific to the environment. Sometimes having invisible geometry or small rocks that can obstruct heals. Do you see the issue mainly in the Ultimate Soldier map? All maps? Standing on a flat street in Metropolis?
  20. spord Developer

It is intended.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.