Sorcery in a group

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Riger, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Riger Well-Known Player

I just picked up sorcery, and like a lot of the changes to the look and feel. I was told repeatedly that it's the weakest power, yadda yadda, but it was fun to me.
    Unfortunately, i started questing with my friend in-game and noticed something that kinda ruins it for me. The two aoe skills I've been using can't go through allies? The one that shoots 5 blasts, and the one that can spam (100 power, .5 cd, aoe on hit) both hit my friend's toon and just stop. If the enemy is grinding on him, they take damage. But otherwise, the attacks are completely wasted. The 5 orbs already sometimes miss the enemy if they're too far away or moving quickly. Not being able to fight kinda kills the fun I was having.

Is this another known bug? Because either the wording I chose isn't fitting with the posts, or it was more than 3 full pages back with 'sorcery' as the search. So I didn't see this particular bug anywhere yet.
    • Like x 1
  2. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Yeah it is extremely stupid. If the developers truly labeled it a "skill" issue that is just legit proof how out of touch they truly are with the game. I switched to Sorcery after the revamp. I always said prior to the update that I wanted to go Earth or Sorcery. Hearing that Earth was "OP" meant that every time I ran something I would continue to hear complaints for me... Dun dun dun.... Doing what I am supposed to do. So I went Sorcery. I noticed the exact same thing you mention above. That any projectiles are blocked. Here is the thing.... When I noticed it I was basically telling my brother in law that the majority of the powers are the exact same thing. He is Ice. I am Sorcery. Ice has a move that is exactly the same as the one you mention, but it does not share the same flaw as far as I know. They also have one that shoots the 4-5 orbs but theirs is a straight line one by one instead of all at once.

I have video footage showing how much of a crock it is inside a raid. I ran JFA on reset day this week and basically you just have to hope the team needs a healer. The tank will take most of your shots (I guess the devs never considered that if the post above mine is true), and as a result I tried to hover above the team. No such luck. Between henchmen, pets, and try hard DPS players who are right up on the tank I would be doing good to slip one orb through every 2-3 rotations.

My best advice. Change your loadout as much as you can to drop those moves. I know they're good moves but anymore they're a hindrance.
  3. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Also be careful because if you get too close the projectile won't leave you hand so you will also get no damage
  4. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

This in my opinion is a bug, and a sporadic bug.
    Some cases it hits perfectly in a straight line, sometimes it's all over the place whether im moving or not.
    I dont use it often so I never delved too deep into it, but yes i've noticed the same performance bugs.
  5. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Changed to rage. It's like night and day. I'll come back to sorcery if they make it work correctly.

It bothers me that the have made the sorcery pet so weak it's almost better without. Add to that removing the ability to have PI double damage on certain abilities forcing sorcery away from being a true dot power, like it originally was, and making it a 100 power spam.

Have fun. Rage is amazing btw.
  6. Eldum New Player

Sorcery is so broken at the moment
  7. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

It's a skill issue... it is a rationalization. They are unable to fix the problem so they are trying to give it a positive spin.
  8. TheDrone Well-Known Player

Yeah, I'm starting to see a bit of a consensus that Sorcery is the worst right now. It doesn't perform the worst on Dummies, but the multiple bugs it has don't occur on Dummies. And those bugs cause a very significant drop in damage.

As to the idea that the pet is bad. It's true. I've seen a lot of Sorcery players using Robot Sidekick instead of Fury. That should tell you something. You don't see Earth players using Robot Sidekick. That means it's not RS being great, it's Fury being bad. And Fury dies...constantly. That fact that nobody's quite sure if you're better off with or without the pet is a bad thing. To me at least, it means that in a general sense, Sorcery is just 'meh, doesn't really matter what you do...it's all kinda weak...bleh'.
  9. Riger Well-Known Player

Your comment is hilarious! Want to know why? I switched to rage last night :p
    I told my roommate the same thing. I'm not deleting my sorc, but I won't go back to her until it gets fixed.