Capsules Are Not Game Content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mizz iZ, Aug 6, 2017.

1. xJenovax Well-Known Player

Honestly and most would probably never admit it but most people just go to certain websites and get the DCUO Cash from there. I know some make it sound like all day everyday they grind out alts and all that and that's fine and dandy to sound legit but a big% jus go this route then say they jus grind out dailies all day over and over.
  2. Emoney Dedicated Player

I urge mepps to post how much Ive made from broker sales in my dcuo career. I play on the average one hour before work, and 2-3 hours before bed, most days. Somedays none at all, sometimes on my day of 4 or 5 hours.

I have made enough to buy everything from TCs except 2 auras (new ones.)

Making money is about using the market....broker....with the right things at the right times. Those collections you mention go up and down. But things like seasonal base items sell great out of season.....rare base items from the harder or more annoying content always sell good. TC and dlc stuff always sell best in first two weeks. Right now OP collections are holding value.

Like other things in this game, it takes a lil time and effort to reconize a buyers or sellers market. But, to say its nearly impossible, or that I must be cheating (using lfg sellers is against ToA) just cuz you haven't learned how to, well thats just insulting.
    • Like x 1
  3. xJenovax Well-Known Player

I never called you out, Somebody feeling guilty? lol
    • Like x 1
  4. Emoney Dedicated Player

Not at all.

But I get tired of seeing people post false stuff day after day.

Then you took it to the next level by agreeing with the "It's impossible people," and adding that us people just cheat to get the items.

Tell ya what, you go about thinking its impossible, spending real money on those capsules.....while I enjoy the items you can't get......for free lol.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheDrone Well-Known Player

I think you mean Pay-2-Win.

I don't like the Time Capsule feats money grab either. But, quite honestly, I'll take this over most MMO's. Rift, Star Trek Online, Everquest, and Neverwinter all put gear directly into their cash stores. Those games are 100% pay-2-win. DCUO puts a tiny amount of gear in their cash store (Time Capsules included). When they start putting current BiS gear on there for $50/piece, that's when it's pay-2-win. This is completely different.
    • Like x 1
  6. TheDrone Well-Known Player

First, you can buy EVERY SINGLE ITEM with in-game cash. That's not pay-2-win. If it was, buying gear off a vendor would be pay-2-win.

Second, good news. Skill points really aren't very important at all. Woohoo I got another skill point...I'll put it into...ummm...Health? I've already maxed out Might. So, umm...yeah, Health...wooooooo.
    • Like x 2
  7. TheDrone Well-Known Player

Sure you do. You just pay with time instead of in-game $$$. Ever hear the phrase "time is money"?
    • Like x 2
  8. TheDrone Well-Known Player

There's also no way to use all the MoL I got doing LPVE. I guess I should be complaining that I can't convert them into War Bonds.
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I have hundreds..... HUNDREDS!!

I'm going to be RICH!!!!! MOUAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    • Like x 1
  10. Kwosie New Player

Oh that's cool. Do you have a video on that as well?
    • Like x 1
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

If I have a video where we see my shared bank...... odds are that I do have such video. ;)

Let me check.....

Yep.... if you look at 1:42.... you will see my stacks of TC. ;)
    EDIT; Although I only have 95 Amazon. It is Team-Up i have hundreds of. ;)
    • Like x 1
  12. Mizz iZ Well-Known Player

ikr!
  13. Mizz iZ Well-Known Player

The other day I saw a whole bunch of them selling for 10K each.
  14. Mizz iZ Well-Known Player

You seem argumentative and I don't see the point in your post. I've been talking about time capsules and how they are not a part of the game! They are for Daybreak to make cash. That's really okay, but when they attach "progression" to the time capsules it's not okay.
  15. Mizz iZ Well-Known Player

You have some good ideas. Thank you. Oh btw, all of that takes a considerable amount of time. Many players don't have time like that. So I would conclude that making money is not as easy as you say.
  16. Mizz iZ Well-Known Player

Pay-to-win means: Spend real world money to advance your character's ability to beat higher level content and other players. It's that simple.
  17. Mizz iZ Well-Known Player

But they do because they can get "better" quicker; Pay-to-win!
  18. JasonIsley Devoted Player

So let's get rid of Time Capsules and Replay Badges and Seasonal Marks. Also no more Booster Bundles, no more new auras, no more new styles, no more new materials. None of those are part of the game. We'll just recycle existing styles for new episodes. Population will go down because what's the point of playing if you did all your raids, solos, duo and alerts only take a few minutes.
    • Like x 1
  19. Mizz iZ Well-Known Player

I could not have said it better !
  20. JasonIsley Devoted Player

It isn't actually but I'll let you and your friends continue to think so.