Nature damage parser

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Evaleigh, Aug 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

well then either lower the damage on impaling or up the cost on the other power. That to me seems fair.

It would help with balancing IMO
  2. Evaleigh Well-Known Player

Make Impaling thorns split after 1 target. It does the same damage as any other finisher just the extra AoE makes it too good. Make it so your locked targets gets the full damage and the surrounding adds get the split damage like they did with Sticky Bomb
  3. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

tbh I dont use that power / ability.

I use a totally different loadout that seems to work for me.
  4. Ringz Dedicated Player

There is no doubt that the GU 73 testing phase was rush out to meet schedule.
  5. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

I've never been Nature, so it's hard for me to explain this with 100% certainty, but the gist of what my leaguemate who parsed Nature stated was that all you have to do is go in Gorilla with robot sidekick, and have Harvest, Serpent's Call, and Roar. From what I remember, he explained it to me that basically, when you have a dot up from Harvest and I assume Serpent's Call (which he mentioned apparently has a dot you're not supposed to get a burst from), hitting Roar is supposed to give a big burst and wipe out the poison effects. When you're in Gorilla form however, the poison effects apparently do not get wiped, and you can spam roar every time it comes off cooldown to get constant bursts.

If what I'm saying isn't clear, hopefully someone who is Nature might be able to figure out what exactly I'm getting at. I'll probably end up asking him for a more detailed explanation when he gets on later since I'm not confident in this explanation. leaguemate parsed this about a week ago, so obviously my memory is a bit hazy. However, we both came to the conclusion after running JFA twice that this is ridiculous, and not situational as some have stated in this thread. Adding Impaling Thorns in place of Serpent's Call helped another one of my leaguemates parse up to 22k, however even without Impaling Thorns he parsed 17-19k consistently with 0 buffs, trinkets, or supercharges. Impaling Thorns may be hitting hard in Gorilla Form, but it is not the big issue from what I've gathered.
  6. Evaleigh Well-Known Player

I've tested it and your leaguemate is correct. When you do Serpents call and you refresh it then it keeps the dot even after you use Roar. This must be a bug, roar should wipe all Dots.
  7. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

The issue is the dots. They are constant. Roar is suppose to wipe the dots, but for some reason it don't that's why players are using harvest or thorn burst(a power to wait on cooldown) in between roar. The op Didn't use roar he kept the dots rolling. No power can have 3 dots up at all times except nature and nature keep them running with 1 power. Nature have roar not working, constant dots, and a 35% that split after 4 targets. Seem like nature need a revamp. The devs need to move powers up, because if they nerf nature down I feel it will be useless as a dps again, it has to many things going on
  8. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I can confirm this. What you just described I thought was what I have been seeing but disregarded it as "PS3 being slow". If that is the case, one of those three powers needs a fix or the description needs to be changed.
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

Its odd isnt it? Or why other players switching to nature would somehow affect any single player? But wait, didnt a bunch of players already switch to nature the 1st few days because of the gorilla thing? Some of the stuff being said really doesnt add up imo.

And we all know nature/electric were the 2 powers that needed the most work. So of course those would be tested and looked at very closely by people once they were put on test. I know i personally stopped testing when the 1st build with nature hit test server. Because i couldnt commit to the time i felt i needed to test and wasnt happy with what i was seeing. I tested more at the end but ill admit i didnt look at nature much. Really wish i would have. Because i really dont understand this hiding stuff concept. Never have and never will. If there is an issue get it out there so it can be fixed.

And im sorry but the "everything is balanced" comments made by multiple people now look very silly. There are obvious issues with nature. Hope this stuff gets addressed soon. All the excuses imo should stop too. It has issues so lets work on reporting em to the dev team and get it fixed asap.
    • Like x 5
  10. Evaleigh Well-Known Player

It's only with serpents call as well, haven't tried carnivorous plants but Vine lash and briar aren't affected.

Edit: Horrible spell check haha
  11. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

Glad you tested it. It is a bug, and I'd appreciate it if people would get on the same page so the devs can get it adjusted. I found it hard to believe at the time that no one had come across this in testing. :rolleyes:

Funny how you see so many Gorillas and Wolves in the Hall of Doom now. I'm sure it's the same in the WT.
    • Like x 1
  12. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Yes but for other reasons....
  13. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Imagine if all 3 weren't removed.... that power....
  14. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Yea i reported this to a while ago, if i had to guess their prob making a few changes then rolling them all out at once cause its def been a bit since it was reported.
  15. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Just cause something exists and was kept quiet doesn't mean it wasn't reported.
    • Like x 1
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

And what about the damage numbers? Why was nature reported as only doing 14.5k when it's easy to see that just a normal rotation does upwards of 17k+? Did that just escape you guys?
    • Like x 8
  17. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]

lol, good call.
    • Like x 8
  18. Xibo Loyal Player

Let's be clear, the damage from the SC it's not a bug. Ths issue is that these forms are not temporary. Neo Venom Boost gives you a damage boost for 15 seconds so the SC forms should do it too.
  19. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

On test with not supers that wasn't the case and I wasn't the only one who tested it. The super thing and impaling thorns did fall through the cracks though cause they were added a bit later and didn't get proper in rotation testing cause we had a lot of other stuff going on at the time and it's impossible to catch every little thing when dealing with so much and a limited time frame. Most of the issue come from the supers that didn't get the correct time spent on them. Once on live they were being tested and info was being turned in.

And it's crazy how you and 2 others are just head hunting and blaming testers for everything. Everyone did they best they could under the circumstances and while there is a few things that need work most stuff is in a pretty good spot. It's easy to criticize people when you just sat back and did nothing and just take shots everytime something pops up. Then the famous twist of words and misinterpretation comes in and you guys say what happened to everything is perfect or fine lol
    • Like x 4
  20. Evaleigh Well-Known Player

Nature's form change buffs only last a short while as well. 15sec iirc.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.