Capsules Are Not Game Content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mizz iZ, Aug 6, 2017.

1. light FX Steadfast Player

I do not disagree on some things making no sense. But i think ya understood my point. Its a super hero game and standing at the broker for hours looking for deals on a collection piece is not very super :p Btw thanks for that item in the mail today :) Much appreciated.
    • Like x 1
  2. Dene Devoted Player

I did understand :) - just playing devils advocate (plus i hate the scoreboard lol)

and np - you've helped/pushed me (indirectly) to look at quantum at bit more than i usually would so that item seemed appropriate :)
  3. Mizz iZ Well-Known Player

I'm not talking about making money on the broker, I am talking about acquiring items only found in Time-Capsules.

There are several ways to make in-game money. One way is to sell items acquired from Time-Capsules. So I will now say it again, The only way that anyone can list an item from a time capsules on the broker is to have opened the time capsule.

However, if you want to split hairs it's possible to get a Time-Capsule item if a player gives it to you in an email or a trade.
  4. Mizz iZ Well-Known Player

I have always thought of game content as having a story line.
  5. Mizz iZ Well-Known Player

That's a legit outlook. Thank you for your reply. I will explain where the hate comes from now. I hate the Time-Capsules because they are associated with Feat Points. Feat Points are used to acquire Skill Points. Skill Points are used to acquire Stats such as Critical Chance, Precision, Might, Health etc.. If I don't open TIme-Capsules, I don't acquire loot that might be what I need to unlock gear or collections which in turn unlock Feat Points.

If I don't open Time-Capsules, I don't unlock the gear or acquire an entire collection. So I don't get those Feat Points. If I don't get those Feat Points I can't unlock those stats. The only way to reasonably get those Skill Points from the TIme-Capsules is to buy fragments. I have spent over $300 buying fragments. Do I need to mention how bad the odds of opening what you need are?

Time-Capsules bring an element of Pay-to-Win to DCUO. I have no objection to spending money for something I want, but when it's something I need it makes no sense in a Free-to-Play game. (FYI, I pay for Legendary Membership). Unlike other games who have figured out that players will readily spend real money on styles!! Why make us mad by making us open Time-Capsule just so we can get the Skill Points associated with those Time-Capsules?
  6. Mizz iZ Well-Known Player

I'm betting you're right about Time-Capsules will come out with Water. But mark my words, then call me out if I'm wrong!! The Time-Capsules will be NEW! New Time-Capsule! New style! New Collections! New Emblems! NEW FEATS!
    • Like x 1
  7. Mizz iZ Well-Known Player

Yep, they certainly are! I suppose the difference between replay badges and time-capsules is replay badges are used to unlock your chances to get loot from the actual game content. Capsules are just a money making scam.
  8. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

So crafting isn't game content? Powersets aren't game content? Games without a story aren't games, or are they just games without content?
    • Like x 1
  9. Mizz iZ Well-Known Player

I never thought of those sodas as OP. I think I have around 200 of them in my inventory. I haven't been using them. Do those come out of the Time-Capsules too? OH! Let's not forget how Time-Capsules negate to need to collect exobits.
  10. Mizz iZ Well-Known Player

Many players do not talk about in-game cash like this > "...only 6 million" So I ask you, how do you "easily" make in-game cash?
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

(OP) Collections, rare base items from old content, enhanced styles (motes are pretty cheap), buying cheap stuff on the broker and selling it higher, running events only for my main and getting rare tradable items off of alts to sell on the broker (made 200mil with starro event by only running dailies with 3 toons and weeklies with all of my alts). I also sell crafted SF mods instead of using the salvage items for my alts. They are good enough with their gear and sp...
    • Like x 2
  12. JasonIsley Devoted Player

You can aquire items off the broker from someone else who has opened a TC. That's all I was trying to say, you can aquire everything from a TC without spending a dime to buy Stabilizers.
    • Like x 1
  13. Emoney Dedicated Player

...and to take it farther, items on the broker dont always come from TCs opened with stabilizers that were purchased.

If everyone ONLY ran the event, I would still be able to use the broker.

These people swearing TCs can only be purchased are getting quite annoying. Run event, then collect or sell. Use the broker. Use your league. Use your friends. No one has to spend a dime on stabilizers.
    • Like x 3
  14. Scarlet Morrigan Active Player

So Capsules............
    My problem with them is you have to buy stabilizers. And before you say "you can earn them in game" - there is simple no way to earn as many stabilizers as you have capsules. If I play every day for a week, I would have 25-50 time capsules and only be able to open 2-3. So you would have to buy stabilizers to open them at the rate they drop. And the fact that there are feats tied to items in the capsules that you can not get anywhere else is totally bogus. It is simple a tax on players so Daybreak can make money. I pay for my sub, I ain't gonna buy stabilizers too.
    • Like x 1
  15. Emoney Dedicated Player

Why should we be able to open all the capsules we get? You can open around ten a month. Then you can make money, trade with people or use broker to complete the sets.

No where is it stated you can only complete collection sets by ONLY opening yourself.

Think about current OP collections. No way will you get all three sets by only getting them dropped to you.

Same freakin thing lol.
    • Like x 2
  16. Emoney Dedicated Player

....and also, those capsules dont leave your inventory.

So say you are using event stabilizers to complete something, but the capsules switched. You then would be able to continue opening those certain capsules the rest of the year if ya want.

There is no time limit. Collect at your leisure as you get free stabilizers. But, its not a reason to buy stabilizers.
    • Like x 2
  17. Scarlet Morrigan Active Player

I never said you can't trade or sell them. And yes, you can complete sets by buying them or trading for for what you need. And I never said they expire. What I said was by only getting stabilizers from the daily duo, if they stopped dropping time capsules today, it would be 2 years before I got the ones in my bank open. And since they can't stop dropping them because feats are tied to the contents, I will always have stacks and stacks in my bank. And even then, I would have to trade or sell them to try to get the feats & collections. And buying them on the brokers is a joke, because the cost is ridiculous. You would have to buy money from those guys that are always in Shout to afford them.

Maybe they could just slow the drop rate to what we can actually open in a month. I don't need stacks and stacks cluttering up my bank
    • Like x 1
  18. Emoney Dedicated Player

Ya dont have to buy money from the LFG sellers lol.

Money is super easy in this game. Everytime you get something you are excited to collect.....stop and check for it in broker. Many times if you want it, others will too.

People act like its impossible to make money. Yet I average 50-100mil every week. Without even selling TC stuff, just rare things throughout the game, or current OP collections.
    • Like x 1
  19. JasonIsley Devoted Player

But they do become valuable after a while. People are still asking for Amazon Capsules trying to get Phoenix Material. And I'm over here kicking myself because I gave all mine away.
    • Like x 1
  20. recoil Committed Player

my biggest gripe is i just like the style. forget the feats attached i just want the wings of sin style, that simple really. making money? not simple at all. see cause those collections like super boy prime plaque, rutherfordium, green kryptonite, class a, and the like? everybodies farming them and now they're useless. i can usually sell class a for about 2 million but that about it.