Wow. Still Getting Surprises From The Vault

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rockhound665, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Yesterday I ran it basically for my free mark(I'm using MoV's to buy gear styles in the Watchtower) and something drops and when I went into my inventory to do my usual deletion of styles I already have, one had the green Not Yet Equipped. I immediately perked up and saw it was the Checkmate back. I completely forgot about those styles. And, man, I thought the Sharpshooter legs were rare, it took me years to get this back. I equipped it and got the 50 style points. I was a happy camper.
    • Like x 15
  2. xJenovax Well-Known Player

Those styles have been in the vault for over a year....
  3. Proxystar #Perception

I have everything there is too get out of the vault that's right everything!

I don't even run the vault for a mark cause im a high roller and that one mark is beneath me.
    • Like x 13
  4. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I like stories with happy endings.

+1
    • Like x 7
  5. Proxystar #Perception

No the main character has to die only for it to then all be a dream and then once you realise it was just a dream the main character dies for real along with all their family and friends.
  6. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

800 on pvp vendor. Your league should have also told you. There are a lot of easy feats that players need to do.
    • Like x 1
  7. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

No fun in that now is there.
  8. hoaxone Committed Player

This dosent surprise me.
  9. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

800 pvp marks takes a long time to get now lol. That's like an hour of winning 15 min matches.
    • Like x 1
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Ah, the fun of chasing Vault drops. :D

I'm lucky in that most of my active characters have finished the Checkmate and Knight styles from there, but what's frustrating at times is the randomness of what other characters need. My Rage character finished the Knight set early on, but he's still chasing the Checkmate Informant chest. My Atomic character, meanwhile, finished both Checkmate sets but is still looking for the Knight chest and legs. And it just goes on from there. LOL

Still, it is strangely satisfying to finally get that last piece to show up. :)

As for this line of thought?

PvP isn't everyone's cup of tea. ;) I know those pieces are available there, along with variant pieces that reward feat points, but PvP ranks about at the bottom of things I want to do in the game. On top of that I'm not going to be the type of player who goes into PvP just to lose and ends up potentially ruining someone else's fun (those searching for a competitive match) in the process.
    • Like x 1
  11. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

It's like the Sharpshooter legs. Couldn't get them on either main(PC/PS3) but I create an alt and it's the first thing that drops.
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I lucked out with one character right off the bat. She was made with "being a HUGE Superman family fan" as part of the concept, and almost right off the bat (don't think it was her first trip) I managed to get the Superboy Hoodie as a drop for her. :eek:

Things have rarely worked out that smoothly on any character since. LOL
  13. Saami Loyal Player

gratz to op.
    I have been very luckyh with vaulkt also.
  14. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I just think it's fun that once in a while you get a surprise from the vault.
  15. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

I have just the place for you.

[IMG]
  16. Lugo Well-Known Player

why did DC replace all the PVP styles anyway??
  17. CassUV Well-Known Player

When Vault starts to drop Avatar Bombardier, I'm gonna surprise.
    • Like x 1
  18. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

On one of my chars it took 2 years to get the egyptian shoulders...

Random is random ^^
  19. VariableFire Loyal Player

I think I got one of those from the Prom boxes.
  20. Xibo Loyal Player

Also surprises me that a player can't even try to grind only 800 marks of valor to buy a PvP style. Why not close this thread?