Request: Please make these account bound

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by EP Ice, Aug 9, 2017.

1. EP Ice Loyal Player

Can the devs please make certain items like seasonal auras account bound? It would be nice to be able to transfer seasonal auras or things like that to other toons. My luck is not good with random drops. So, I normally get things like the Glittering Firefly Aura on one toon when it would be better on another. Thanks and have a great gaming day!
    • Like x 18
  2. Web Well-Known Player

Let's start with monstrous and time-warped essences.
    • Like x 18
  3. EP Ice Loyal Player

Totally Agree!!
    • Like x 1
  4. Web Well-Known Player

I also wouldn't mind the OP vendor collections being account bound either.

You could just farm marks for the collections on an alt then and farm gear on your main.

Take the loot off lockdown!
    • Like x 1
  5. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

So you want to achieve something with a character and be able to transfer it to a character that can't achieve the same thing ?
  6. High Troller Loyal Player

OMAC Trinket
    • Like x 1
  7. Shark Dental Devoted Player

It's not an achievement, lol, it's just exceedingly low rng. The OP has toons with a theme, sometimes the aura drops (repeatedly even) for a toon who's style it doesn't match, but it doesn't drop for the one that would be perfect for it. Why the hate for a great idea? It's not like he's asking to be able to sell them on the broker...
    • Like x 4
  8. EP Ice Loyal Player

During seasonal events, there are certain items that drop that can't be transferred to any other toons and can't be sold or traded like auras. I would like for those items to be made account bound so I can give those items to other toons that it would be better suited for.

For example, my fire toon has two Glittering Firefly Auras that don't go with his theme. I have a sorc toon and quantum toon that it would go with and I can't give them the auras. The auras are random drops and I could never get it to drop on any other toon but my fire toon.

Does that better explain it?
    • Like x 3
  9. Web Well-Known Player

That's what I said.

Umm.. how does this work now?

Am I supposed to argue or take offense?

Let me google it and get back to you.
  10. Web Well-Known Player

I'm sick of the devs telling me how to use my loot.

Last I checked, this was still America Jack!
    • Like x 2
  11. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

How is that different from any character bound items that drop? It's all rng sometimes you even get loot from different roles. Why just ask for seasonal stuff then? Why not ask for everything to be account bound.
  12. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

Why not ask for every drop to be account bound then? There's usually previews of auras and such and you can decide to play one character through the event.
    • Like x 1
  13. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

Yes to account bound for:

All Seasonal items, All Vault Items, and the RnD Essences
    • Like x 5
  14. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Those mod recovery kits you could only claim on 1 character should have been account bound. I was planning on grabbing all my Olympian might mods from my alt to move to my Celestial main after the revamp, but those kits are not account sharable. If I had known that I would have redeemed it on my alt instead.
  15. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

half the "achievements" when it comes to cosmetics can only be done by the most LEET of players...those who pay to open boxes with real money...now theres some button mashing for you...making sure the debit card numbers are right in the form slots...who stays up at night worrying about this?
  16. Noxious Flora Well-Known Player

And the Aquaman emblems.
    • Like x 3
  17. inferno Loyal Player

Wings of sin. I want to call the person who came up with the idea of putting this style into the timecapsules as an Evil Genius. I don't like the idea of it, I would rather have bought this straight out in the Marketplace and be account bound. I'm afraid that this is a trend of putting out really beautiful and great styles into the time capsules. You sir/madam are an Evil Genius.
    • Like x 1
  18. recoil Committed Player

or like a rare drop off the actual character. i'd love to beat up the avatar of sin a few dozen times just to get those wings.
    • Like x 3
  19. StealthBlue Loyal Player

If you are talking about the mod box that came in the mail, you get one of those on each character. At least each character over a certain spot in the leveling process. I've got it on 14 characters.
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

You still don't understand. I always play one character through the entire event. I also play other characters in addition. That one character rarely gets the drops, because the chance is low. By playing multiple toons, you have a chance of actually getting it, but often not on the one you want it on.

As for your first request (every drop being account bound), the devs have said that gear will not be account bound because they don't want you passing high-level gear to your alts. They want you to progress naturally.

In the Announcements section, you'll see that they're going to make it best gear in vendor for all tiers though, so that should clear up the problem of getting healer hands if your toon is a tank for example. Now we'll get currency to buy gear from a vendor.