just for one weekend?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ColdFuzion, Aug 8, 2017.

1. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

Remove the scoreboard! I really want the community to experience the game without relying heavily on it.

This is not a troll thread just a genuine attempt to show it's not the main thing they should be concentrating on.
    • Like x 11
  2. Hemmy Committed Player

While an interesting social experiment, I fear you'd get far more backlash from the community than positive encouragement.

Alternatively, you could play with a group of people that don't focus on scoreboard chasing. Find a good league or group of friends that don't focus on the numbers, but rather improving as a player in general.
    • Like x 2
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

While not the only component, having the scorecard for a DPS lets you know how you're stacking up to the other DPS. What, exactly, would a DPS do to improve? If they're with the same group of people and it gets done, but they're being a carry, how would they even know they NEED to improve?
    • Like x 1
  4. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

scoreboard is the reason many cant do the hard stuff. and nothing is that hard in this game. top DPS at any cost!!!!!
  5. Rufus T Fyrfly Well-Known Player

Even if the scoreboard was removed, people will still find ways to one-up each other.
    • Like x 1
  6. JasonIsley Devoted Player

^^^ +1
  7. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

i dont understand the purpose of scoreboard to begin with... it's not like you rewarded base on your score..
    • Like x 5
  8. JasonIsley Devoted Player

....don't give them any ideas xD
    • Like x 2
  9. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. lfc09kris Well-Known Player

To measure how well you perform in content.. was that not obvious?
  11. Saami Loyal Player

Scoreboard that shows only your own damage output. It could be as in parser. Dmg/second and total damage plus crit percent.
    Perfect solution. No more competition for being top dps, but those who care even little bit. Could be better dpses with this info.
    • Like x 2
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

But the scoreboard does NOT do that.

It only gives the amount of damage you did.

Unless damage is all you care about.... which sadly is a BIG issue in DCUO.....
    it does not tell if you
    raised fallen teammates...
    rolled out of a pool of lava so that the Healer would not have to overheal to keep you alive...
    completed any of the objectives...
    managed your power well
    etc....

Too many people do not know how to read and interpret the scoreboard.
    Too many people read only the numbers.... and don't understand the context.

Vets don't need the scoreboard to know who performed well in a mission or not. ;)
    • Like x 6
  13. lfc09kris Well-Known Player

I agree that it should at least show how many revives people do but my point still stands that it lets you measure how well you perform in content, if you have no scoreboard then you dont know how well you are doing in comparison to others and sure some people take this too far to the point of trash talking people cause of their damage out but thats not the majority. i mainly dps but i wouldnt just talk trash to someone because i outdps them

Id love for there to be a revive feature because id be top revives in most instances im in :D
  14. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

I like that idea social experiment :) - I understand the need for the scoreboard but there are a plethora of MMOs that don't have one minus the mod additions. You judge your damage on the boss health decline and teamwork of course.

I think without the scoreboard the community would be less confrontational.
    • Like x 2
  15. monaka Well-Known Player

Lol!
    Funny, how you say it does not matter or affect you but then you insist on removing it.
    Just try and restrain yourself and stop looking at it if it bothers you that much.
  16. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Eso has no scorecard and it takes the 'stress' out of running the content and makes it fun. Just win and get out. No drama, just play.
    • Like x 3
  17. Dene Devoted Player

Yep.. shields.. paying attention.. bringing in support to make things less of a mess.. all out the window because of scoreboard chasing
    • Like x 1
  18. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

Because i'm experienced enough to know how scoreboards affect games either way doesn't matter to me since i play support roles. I'm thinking of the bigger picture and a healthy community that new players can step into.
  19. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

2 ways to do that:

1 - if you beat it
    2 - if you cant beat it

;)
    • Like x 2
  20. Dene Devoted Player

Pro-Scoreboard like competition & want to be the "best"

Anti-Scoreboard just want to get through things without drama as smooth as possible

Most fall somewhere in between
    • Like x 1