Capsules Are Not Game Content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mizz iZ, Aug 6, 2017.

1. light FX Steadfast Player

Thats cool. But people should understand a lot of players wanna play content. Not sit at the broker hitting refresh over and over. This is a game about super heroes and villains. Not "lets make a deal." Is superman sitting at an auction house in the comics seeing if he can afford his new costume? Counting his dollars being like "i better go find some deals somewhere. I need that new superman chest style. Damn i need a better job"?

Im sure someone will bring up batman is a billionaire and how did he make his money blah blah. Tell me would people read a comic or watch a movie of bruce wayne trading stocks all day and nothing more? Highly doubt it. And what would happen to bruce if he only had $2,000 to spend? He certainly wouldnt be batman anymore with all those toys ;) Hear how silly all this sounds?

The broker, cash cap, TCs and all of it is tied to 1 thing, money for daybreak. Yes they are a business and have to make $. But last i checked most MMO players view content as actual instances they participate in. Im sure some will disagree and thats cool. But whenever i see the broker get brought up the people who do disagree are usually the ones who like sitting at it for hours trying to find deals. So there is some bias in the opinion.

Personally i see it for what it is regardless if i like it or not. Somehow super villains and heroes who can bend space&time or throw things with their mind or conjure up fire struggle with money? I guess there is a trade off, being able to rearrange atoms on a molecular level on one hand but cant balance your check book on the other :p Or being so poor that ya only have 2k that ya go home after crime fighting to a "dive" apartment. Its all very silly.
    • Like x 2
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I spent $30 and havent spent nothing else on them isn't worth it IMO total rip off.

Yet remember that pipe dream of a vendor they were suppose to give us for the TC? :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  3. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

more like crap, you of all people know that to be true.

How much have you spent on TC?

dont have to post it but that says alot. fact that you did spent so much on them means you never got anything you actually wanted out of them doing what you are suggesting now :p
  4. Emoney Dedicated Player

Yo, read my post above, Ive olny spent 40 real money and have 90% of TC stuff. All you guys scream on here everyday that what I do/did is impossible, yet Ive done it.

And no, I dont sit and refresh the broker all day lol. I play an instance, get a tradeable drop, go to the broker, search by price ascending, and place the item.

Then money comes in the mail.

Take that money back to the broker and buy dope stuff as he said.

Easy stuff if ya make the effort and not just mindlessly open your wallet and just buy stabilizers smh.
    • Like x 1
  5. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

No MastaMind said run the fragment event = get dope stuff

perhaps read what he typed?

as its not what you're saying ;)

premiums get to open a box every 4 days (4 frags per run)
  6. Emoney Dedicated Player

It is that, because the stabilizer event is gameplay....and ya get base items. The only TCs I open are with event stabilizers....aside from the two packs I bought.

The overall point he and I are making is that it is possible to get most of, if not all TC items without buying stabilizers.
    • Like x 1
  7. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

You really don't with time capsules either. Until the latest set, I had all but one feat finished by knowing how to broker.
    • Like x 1
  8. xJenovax Well-Known Player

Trying to preach anti P2W tactics to DC? One of their main strongest hero and villain are P2W lol Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor.
    • Like x 2
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Look, someone had to buy those capsules to put them on the broker sometime.

People arguing the broker is what to do don't realize that the items come from the MP to begin with. Plus, premium players can't use the broker. I said DLC.
    • Like x 2
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Hah! Batman is beyond pay to win, he cheats. He's that guy speed hacking in PvP.
    • Like x 2
  11. xJenovax Well-Known Player

lmfao Batman does not cheat!!!
    He just bought LOTS of feats!! :p
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Nah. I haven't reset anything in years. No need to. I use mine for stuff from the vendor or buying skill points for alts.
  13. BumblingB I got better.

I love Batman, but he's a total cheater. lol
    • Like x 2
  14. EconoKnight XIII Legion

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  15. Mizz iZ Well-Known Player

The only way that anyone can list an item from a time capsules on the broker is to have opened the time capsule. So if I buy a time capsule item from the broker to get a feat, how is that different from spending money to open the darn things?
    • Like x 1
  16. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I've said it before they should of just implemented that pipe dream vendor from get go and not even gave us TC'

it would of been alot better and would of been better received then the TC were.
    • Like x 1
  17. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Hold on I have to make sure I read that right. Are you saying that in order to make any in-game money you have to open a Time Capsule to sell what's inside on the broker, to buy off the broker what you're missing?
    • Like x 1
  18. Emoney Dedicated Player

Because you have to factor in the free stabilizers. I open one every three days and sell the contents. Every player in the game can do this, every 3, 4 or 5 days.

The thing people get caught up with is they feel opening the capsules themselves is the only way to collect. The videos and stories of people spending hundreds and not getting stuff. Although its true and happens, frankly its their own fault for not embracing the community aspect of it. All collections in this game have been this way for years.....and what did we do to get all those collections....use the community. By that I mean the broker, trade chat, friends leaguemates anyone who has a duplicate to trade with your duplicate. Or trade other rare items for the collections. The options are plentiful......yet everyday I read how someone cant ever collect a single set by only opening the TCs.

Use the community, make friends, share and trade. They are not P2W because you fail to use all options.
    • Like x 2
  19. Emoney Dedicated Player

Come on B.....free stabilizers every 3, 4 or five days. That covers EVERYONE in the game. If only half of them place stuff in broker, its enough to use it as a viable free option.

I get the argument about membership and the broker, but honestly, if they cant even sub for a month, then they cant complain. Also, the broker and ingame cash are about the only main perks to subbing. So premium and free guys are missing out on way more than TC feats by choosing not to sub, therefore they should be complaining bout the membership setup, and not TCs.
    • Like x 1
  20. Dene Devoted Player

I agree about the the ones looking for deals.. people cry things are rare - if i work to get that rare thing by soloing some %%^^& alert 27x then I think im entitled to price it as pretty rare

Supply and demand is golden rule of broker.. people on here complain that bloody knife is expensive.. but *someone* is paying that 85 mill to me and while they are I will sell it at that price. On the flipside I used to sell a playhouse dining table for 11 mill.,. now i'm lucky to get 3 mill.. supply and demand :). My advice to all is if something is too expensive do not buy it and get it another way, or better yet get 2 another way and sell 1 lol

re: your main point - I just see it as part of the game now... and almost separate, like it is not part of my adventure as a hero

There are so many components that I think make no sense as a hero/villian:

*Scoreboards - you do not see the three mentors being scored on how they did - and complaining that certain ppl are doing more damage "Oh Superman's freeze breath is so OP - it should be nerfed" lol . They simply want to get the job done and save the world

*Rewards - *technically* a hero would never accept cash, tools, trinkets etc as payment for a "job"

*Roles.. this one is iffy but strategy overrules roles in the comics. E.g. Ive seen GL tank in the comics/movies. Aquaman is a huge tank kinda guy and not necessarily a healer etc

ok.. i wil stop now but my point is many things in this game make no real sense re : on what a hero/villian is