Can we get another setting option?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TechWarrior0329, Aug 6, 2017.

1. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

This thread is "kind of" a mini rant but as I was debating even posting I had an idea.. Good or Bad I have no clue but figured I'd post and see what others think.

The past 3 straight days I have taken my trio of CR 195 alts to do the daily missions in the War Torn Village, The War Torn Area 15 and the Typhon Monster invasion zone. Now no issue at all in either war Torn area but for some reason the Monster Zone almost seems to need a new name these days.. I was thinking Typhon's land of the BLIND INVITE zone. I have lost track of how many blind invite pop ups I have had to deal with .... And the best part (scratch that.. the WORST) part is by CR166 you would think at least most players would have a clue and not send an invite WHILE you are battling something? You would think that but most of the invites came while I was deeply involved in a fight with one of the many types of monster roaming the street.

Now for those of you unaware If a player is in the middle of a fight with a mob and you send a blind invite. A pop up appears asking that player if they want to join your team. Now until that player either says YES or NO by clicking on that pop up they can not do anything else. That means no attacking the mob, no defensive moves (like a block), and they can not even use a soda to repair any damage. In short thanks to the blind invite they are totally helpless with 1-2 or ?? however many minions of evil trying to destroy them.

Not exactly a good situation to find one's self in and rather annoying.

Well I have not only had as many as 3 or 4 invites PER alt when I enter that zone but I've even had a couple players send one invite after another because, in their warped little mind, I must have hit the wrong button and of course I really did want to say YES.

Its nothing really new.. We have had this same problem going on for years but I had an idea. When a player goes to their settings menu they currently have two basic option... Invites on or Invites off. Now the problem I have describes CAN be solved by changing your settings so invites are off. the problem with that is I tend to blind que into other content like duos, alerts, and raids and in many cases I will que up for those and go run daily content so I am making some war bonds, ancient coins, or marks while I am waiting for the game to find me a team. Now IF I completely shut off invites that stops the game from finding me a team and inviting me to join.

So here is my idea... How about a third option. ON (you receive any and all invites) OFF (all invites of any kind are turned off) and the new one NO BLIND INVITE ( sort of self explanatory but basically disables those pop ups from other players so the ONLY invites you get are from the game because it found you a team).

So what do you think? It may be a bad idea.. Might not be possible to code so ONLY pop ups for the QUE appear but if its possible it would eliminate those annoying requests for that guy standing over there watching you wipe out 3 cyclops, 2 harpies and a cockatrice.. and thinking "Hey if I team up with him He can do all the work while I just watch!"
    • Like x 2
  2. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Yup this actually got me killed yesterday. Same exact area you mentioned. I have a move (Sorcery) that acts as like kind of a tank pull. Which can suck at certain times. So I had a big mob of 6-7 creatures on me, and of course after the revamp my defense is cut in half (Until them OP items get fixed, wink wink). I make the most of them sodas. Pop up hit me right as I was in the final zone. First time I have died outside of a raid/paradox bounty 1 hit in months. An ignore all would be pleasant, but probably make it difficult for LFG group forming and whatnot. How about an ignore all invites from people I've never spoke with?
    • Like x 2
  3. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

1. I would love to see a one minute timer on invites.
    2. an option that disables group invites for players who are not in my league and not on my friend list.
    3. an option to disable group invites while in combat
    • Like x 5
  4. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I like all of those ideas! Now if we can get anyone on the dev team to like any of them...
  5. Hemmy Committed Player

I believe this could solved with an even simpler solution. A setting which enables invites, but instead of immediately showing the window which is apparently killing people, it displays the green "group related" box in the bottom left. You have to press f1 or up on the d-pad and THEN you can interact with the invite however you see fit.
    • Like x 5
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Hey that's a god idea as well. So basically we'd still have invites enabled BUT there would be a pause button of sorts in effect and until you were available to respond (without winding up dead) that invite would be held in a buffer zone. Allowing you to complete whatever you needed to do before accepting or turning down that invite.

Getting some very good ideas.here... :D
    • Like x 3
  7. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

That's a clever idea.

There must be a good reason why the loot works that way. All group invites and instance invites should work that way.
    • Like x 3
  8. Aren Sul Committed Player

Yup - hit a pet peeve of mine. I've had a number of solutions over the years, but I realize they're pc-biased (I play on pc) and probably wouldn't work or be difficult to do on a controller.

If I understand Hemmy correctly, we're saying to use the chat box area? If so, that's a great idea. If not, it's still good - anything that doesn't suddenly lock me out of combat would get a thumbs up.

I had thought before of the UI adding an Invite tab and when you get one it populates it with a yes/no option - possibly popping that tab to the front - but never interrupting gameplay.
    • Like x 1
  9. Hemmy Committed Player

Not quite.
    Imagine yourself in an instance. When a vote to invite someone to an instance is started, it pops up a green prompt next to your chat box, along with the button you would need to press in order to take part in that vote.
    I'm suggesting we use that system, which would make that asset appear whenever you get an invite rather than it being a combat-stopping window.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  10. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Does it really? I thought that setting just prevented people from sending invites. I didn't think it affected the ability to queue through the On Duty menu. Are you sure it impact On Duty queues?

I've never turned it off for more than short stints when I knew I'd be in situations where someone might interrupt me, so I'm curious now. I may have to test this out.

And I think the below suggestion should be implemented no matter how invites currently work. We should never have our gameplay interrupted by a message in the middle of the screen.

11. Darth Piper Loyal Player

At a bare minimum, item 3 from that list. That, without a doubt, is one of the most annoying things around. I would also like to add item 4:

4. disable invites while in an instance (automatic, no option to turn it on/off)
    • Like x 1
  12. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

5. disable invites while in a group (I've been invited to instances while typing to group members and accidentally accepted when I hit Enter; ended up in Outer Caverns with another group and had to wait 10 minutes with deserter before playing with the group I chose to play with).
    • Like x 2
  13. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Oh God, yes. That's another one.
  14. Backseid Devoted Player

Or just move/change the notification box.

Get it out of the middle of the screen. Make it much smaller. And for Grodd's sake, disable it from stopping your character movement!!!

This issue is sooo old. One of many that are simply ridiculous to still be around.
  15. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I'll be honest.. I'm not sure if the setting shut off que invites or not but I just never wanted to take the chance so I left it on. Maybe if some kind, generous thoughtful, caring dev reads this they clear up the mystery. (did i lay on the compliments too much there? LOL)
    • Like x 1
  16. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Yes it is .. been the exact same way as long as I remember. PLUS the annoyance of blind invites has existed just as long. One of those minor things that just keeps getting overlooked.
    • Like x 1
  17. StealthBlue Loyal Player

The setting only shuts off invites from other people. So as long as you are not expecting a person to send you an invite to form a group, you can leave setting on. The only problem I've run into is that I forget its turned on when my league is forming groups for alerts or raids.
  18. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

That still amazes me. You would think that if you are in a group and inside a mission invites would be shut off completely. And yet I think most if not all of us have had the experience. Best part is it works fine in open world. I've had plenty of instance where I'd be bounty hunting in Gotham or Metropolis and would send a message in shout inviting players to join me. and when some one replied I would send the invite only to get a message saying they were already on a team???? So why does it work perfectly fine if the group is just doing whatever in Gotham but I can get invited to join a duo while I am on a map helping three other players do an alert?
    • Like x 1
  19. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Yeah my league is pretty much dead these days .. I am the only one still active but that was another reason why I always left the setting at on. So if my league was forming a group I didn't have to call up settings and switch so I could get those invites. Now if shutting the invites off doesn't affect que that does make things better.. but still I also like to keep my eye on the LFG and will send tell asking for an invite if I spot a team leader forming a mission I want/need. So basically a better system is still needed. We should not need to be pulling up settings and readjusting every time we turn around.
  20. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

"Now IF I completely shut off invites that stops the game from finding me a team and inviting me to join"
    Yeah........thats not how that option works. And im pretty surprised its taken this long for someone to point this out.

Turning "Ignore instance invites" to "ON" 100% does not stop you from queing into anything. Ever. It stops people from randomly Inviting you to instances that they have already started. This whole thread idea is already in-game right now as we speak. I even logged in and tried it there just in case there was some new bug that got people thinking this. Theres not. Instance invites are off and im standing in Supply Lines.

Just to clarify the purpose of the "Ignore" toggles:
    Ignore group invitations means nobody can invite you to a group
    Ignore League invitations means you cant be invited to a league
    Ignore Trade invitations means the Trade window is blocked from popping up
    Ignore duel invitations ignores duel..... invitations
    Ignore chat invitations ignores invites to chat channels
    Ignore scrimmage invitations stops the scrimmage popup
    Ignore Instance invitations ignores LIVE INSTANCE invitations

Come on people, read the post. Help the guy out instead of flooding the thread with alternatives to a problem that doesnt actually exist.