Capsules Are Not Game Content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mizz iZ, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Mizz iZ Well-Known Player

I want the programmers to create a new category in the Collections Category Window. I'm trying to figure out which collections I can work on, but when I go to check my progress I see collections I am no longer working on; the collections from the time capsules. (I will no longer buy fragments as they are a huge money sink, and I am thoroughly annoyed with Daybreak's shady marketing technique.) Please separate the REAL collections from the bogus; money sucking collections.

Real quick: Allowing the capsules to be a part of gaining feat points is a bunch of bologna. The capsules have ZERO game content value and they take away from the theme of the game. FEAT POINTS SHOULD NOT BE GIVEN TO THOSE WHO GET THE STYLE OR THE AURA. Be like other games and let wearing the style be the ONLY reward. As things are now, DC is becoming more and more Play-2-win. That's not cool!
    • Like x 25
  2. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Broker.
    • Like x 3
  3. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

For a couple years, CR was king, so skill points were less important. At least, that was the overwhelming argument. That probably played a factor into time capsules not getting much attention as far as feats were concerned. Hopefully that will change now.

And I'm with you. I honestly don't care about the feats and would probably buy stabilizers more if all I received was unattuned gear and/or cool styles. The feats being paid for with real money is enough incentive for me not to buy the stabilizers.
  4. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Time Capsules are the single reason why I quit, deleted the game, and shut down my wallet for this crap. I used to spend tons when the game didn't beg for money. Now that they do it feels dirty.
    • Like x 5
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

Also i wanna point out a few days back someone tried telling me all the old capsules were dropping. Thats not true. Idky people spread misinfo on here that they have clearly not checked themselves.
    • Like x 4
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

Capsules are apart of the game content called the Broker. Which is a game within itself
    • Like x 4
  7. MastaMind Dedicated Player

I never understood the TC hate. Run the free mission. Get dope stuff.
    • Like x 9
  8. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

The old capsules probably will be back for a week or two around the time water comes out so they can add those mods in I don't see them wait till the next new time capsule to do that.
  9. TestReporter Loyal Player

Lmao, ofc.
    Let's say you are a premium player, that gets 4 stabilizer fragments per day.
    every 4 days you get a stabilizer that lets you open 1 tc, that tc may or may not contain the gear items, but just to simplify, let's think you are the luckiest guy in the universe and all of the tcs were equipment gear ones, and in each one of them, you got a gear piece that u didn't have before.
    4 fragments*4 days = 16 fragments.
    16 fragments-15=1 stabilizer+1 fragment
    After 32 days you got 8 stabilizers and 8 fragments.
    Sooo, you need 32 days to get the full style, with a 100% luck rate. Keep running the free mission, after a year you may be able to complete half of the feats.
    • Like x 5
  10. Emoney Dedicated Player

My favorite game!

I understand, with capsules, the broker option is only viable if players use stabilizers and sell the contents.

But, because they do, I dont have to buy anything with real money, play the game for fun, and sell drops to make money to buy the good stuff.

I have EVERYTHING from TCs except the two newest auras. I did not spent 100s of real dollars like people on here claim "is the only way." In fact, I have only purchased 2 stabilizer bundles since they've introduced TCs. Thats forty dollars, and again, I have every material, every emblem, Wings of Sin, and every aura except the newest 2 (and Im over 50% done with both of those.)

Playing the broker game (selling high and buying low) is a rewarding game. I dont feel any of those SPs from the TCs are pay to win. I earned all of them, by playing the whole game, selling base items and collections, then saving 100s of millions....even billions(over 6 years) and buying what I need. So to me, TC feat points are actually Broker game feat points.
    • Like x 4
  11. Riddim7 Active Player

Time capsules is one of few thing which will lead this game to greave yard.
    TC's skill points arent pay 2 win? hmmm
    Main goal of this game are stats that you have from gear/weapon and skill points which allow you to do better job as dps/heal/troll/tank.
    So when those stats are so important in game and you can buy them - isnt that pay 2 win?
    You will for sure say that you dont need to spent even 1 real dollar on stabillizers and like you said you can buy everthing from broker.
    But imagine situation where new player coming to game. He dont have hundreds of millions of cash which like you said did take you 6 years to earn. New players can only instead have fun spent years like you on collecting money or.... they need to spent real money. So saying that players can buy all from broker isnt real truth.

And thats why Time Capsules system soon or later will kill this game - new players which dont have millions of cash wont be staying for long just to be milked from real money to buy stabilizers, and only old players which can afford on buying that crap from broker will stay (but from what read on forum threads even old players like me dumping this game, which i did aswell).
    • Like x 2
  12. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Yet, you think luck based style drops take skill. I didn't spend much money on stabilizers but through the broker was able to get all styles but 1 before I could finish gorgon slayer which I farmed tirelessly for six months to get my final piece. In that meantime I was able to use those marks to trade in for purifiers to buy every tc style except one prior to the arcane sets.
    • Like x 3
  13. BumblingB I got better.

They are both luck based but you don't need to pay extra outside of the cost of the DLC.
    • Like x 1
  14. Emoney Dedicated Player

Let me clarify.
    I didnt mean Ive saved money for six years to get billions.

I meant that Ive made billions over the years.

New players can easily do what I do. Any given day, depending on the collections or base items I get, I can make millions.

Just this past week Ive made and spent over 100 million.

In game cash is easy to get if ya know what sells.

By the way, every game thatJack has implemented luck boxes (TCs) says Hi....except CoH.....but TCs didnt kill that game.
    • Like x 1
  15. Schimaera Devoted Player

Considering how easy it is to make money in this game why even bother? Looking at the broker I see Time Capsule feats being sold beginning at 6mil (lowest I saw on Robotic Arm Style) to 36 mil (highest I saw for an Aura/Material). Not counting the initial few time capsules they tend to cost fewer and fewer. Emerald Knight can be purchased for like 10mil or even lower if you see an expensive piece being sold under value - and it happens more than you think.

Also the broker offers you the opportunity to look for either the style or the collections and sometimes one way is (way) cheaper than the other. The rest can be unlocked by just playing the fragment instance on a daily basis. You should be able to get around 20 between two capsules. Should be enough to get the rest through the broker.

TC collections are cheaper than getting an omnipotence item. And yes, the OP items give a little bit more stats but after two DLCs or so both of them...are just 50 point feats...
    • Like x 1
  16. KnightofCrescent New Player

Exactly you can open a hundred capsules and get nothing that you need, it is all up to the rng. It is for that reason, I refuse to buy stabilizers, it's basically gambling.
    • Like x 1
  17. majosea Dedicated Player

sad part players buy this , they the dev spend more time making more time capsules instead working on the content or other stuff , plus the (time capsules ) is less money for devs went they could have used the market place for items , but again and again they seems to a hearing lost when the request comes the players
    there is ton of players what would buy the item from the market place vs a few that want a slim chance to get what they want .
    • Like x 2
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Hey not defending time capsules here, but I'd say replay badges are far more "pay2win" as far as I understand the term.
    • Like x 6
  19. JasonIsley Devoted Player

^^^
  20. BumblingB I got better.

Depends on your definition of "pay2win" tbh. It's something that gets thrown around.

A true pay to win game is a game that doesn't let you advance with out paying money or has items (like gear/weapons) on the marketplace that puts you a a distinct advantage of anything you can "earn" in game.

The game has loot lockouts daily/weekly that you can unlock using real world currency. This is close to my first point of p2w, but you still can earn it naturally in game but longer. So it really is just to advance your character way too fast.

The Time Capsule content has gear that is lower than best gear, has orbitals/supply drops that help in content, and skill points. Gear is lower, so that's not P2W, orbitals/supplies only work in one piece of content not quite, skill points can't be earned in content. I'd put them the closest to P2W in TCs.

But the one thing that is probably the most P2W thing on the MP? Ultimate Soder colas. They give a 1% stat buff on everything. 100% health and power upon drinking, persist through death, and stack to 999. Yes, you can get 5% stat buff with the Omega soders which can be earned in game(they drop out of relevancy rewards), but you don't get power back. You also probably wont be using Omegas that often outside of raids.

Anyways, the devs are doing a good job of "skirting" the line, but haven't quite crossed it.

Not defending anything I said above, just observation.
    • Like x 7