Terror Tendrils Bug

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by FlreMint, Jul 28, 2017.

1. FlreMint Active Player

Hey FireMint here

Terror Tendrils now explode on collision. On collision with what? Enemies, Walls, Objects, Allied players, Pets and NPCs.

This looked great on sparrings but now that Revamp is live I have found myself casting Terror Tendrils just to have them explode when colliding with an allied Pet or Player. Getting no damage or Terror PI as a result...

I believe just having them explode when reaching an Enemy was enough to fix Terror Tendrils. They should keep bouncing on Walls and go through Allied Players and NPCs

I hope devs are still open to suggestions post GU 73

FireMint out
    • Like x 5
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

also: invisibility tends to change your loadout if you have movement powers in it... annoying...
  3. FlreMint Active Player

There are still a lot of things that were not addressed regarding Mental... I will maybe post the list again, however it doesnt look like most of the things listed will ever be fixed, we were forsaken back on the Revamp Mental thread and it doesnt look like devs are interested in any feedback post Revamp, I expected to see each of the powers threads now on Gotham...

I might be wrong but it just feels like Mental thread was just a nuisance to the devs, if any of them ever read it.

FireMint
    • Like x 1
  4. stärnbock Devoted Player

i realy hoped for them to do something for those powers that still are left in split between two PI's.
    for mental, i allways felt that the way they use pyro/kryo for transforming the PI was not optimal.
    i allways felt it would be way better to have setup daze = exploit terror / set terror = expl daze...
    that would give you waaay more options, than forcing pyrokinesis in everyones loadouts... IMHO...
  5. CTEN Well-Known Player

I too have been having trouble with tendrils. I have abandon them all together. They simply are not needed now that we are not required to use it for PoT.
    I loved this power, but it is meaningless, like 90% of the powers for mental controlling.

Mental controlling is no longer as fun as it was. This update is terrible.
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah make terror tendrils go through friendlies. I personally think having it go through everyone, hurting enemies was far more fitting of the ability's theme/personality, than having them explode. But just have them move through allies so it's not ridiculously hard to use, that would be a great start.
  7. Shin-O-B Developer

Sweetest FireMint,

Terror Tendrils are fickle little projectiles that will either pass through or explode on collision with Enemies, Walls, Objects, Allied players, Pets and NPCs. Unfortunately, there isn't an in-between option.

We went with the explode on collision route because we were encountering too many issues and edge cases with the Terror Tendrils that reflected off of walls and passed through enemies multiple times. Now, this ability is more of a skill shot than ever before and will require awareness of the combat situation before firing. If this proves difficult, I recommend trying different Terror application methods.

We are always open to suggestions... always reading... always listening...

Love,

Your silent, Ninja Dev Shin-O-B
    • Like x 7
  8. Revafall Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  9. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

While I've got your attention, can you allow Thought Bubble to be pulled by Telekinetic Pull?
    I can lift it With Telekinesis and Mass Lev, but can't pull it.
    I know you've slowed down they're roll, but a slight increase would be nice too. :)
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

This is what's holding me back from trying sorcery PftT. Sorcery also has moves that will explode for ZERO damage on a friendly npc, like Wonder woman.

Not really sure I get your reasoning for going this route? I've been sorcery for years and have had to put up with fury missing his targets. No power should miss, and exploding on a friendly npc is the same thing. Removing the players ability to control the action and leaving it to luck is a bad idea.

Please revisit how mental, sorcery, and any other power that has a chance to miss. This needs changed.
  11. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

At least mental is only power that does this. Sorcery has 3

12. Shin-O-B Developer

I would if I could. Unfortunately, encasements and the physics effect we use for pulling don't play nicely together. Thanks Unreal!

The player can control the action, to a degree. The skills of positioning, aiming, and timing are what offset luck. Terror Tendrils is just one of several abilities that apply Terror. If it doesn't work for you, try a different route :)

The former behavior of Terror Tendrils was too inconsistent in its damage dealing and had to change. In this version, you know they will consistently explode on contact... with pretty much anything.
    • Like x 1
  13. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

But there is no aoe spammer for sorc that isn't affected by this.

14. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

If it were just 1 power that effected sorcery, I would agree, but there are 3.

And how does skill have anything to do with where wonder woman will stand or 8 different players with pets out making a wall around the target? Your explanation and reasoning are making me more upset than confused. Powers like earth have it easy. Their super charge generator can be used as a clip. Most other powers you have to clip it. Powers like ice that have frost blast, I believe, hitting like a lack truck. Then there's nature, and the combo powers. All these different powers whose damage is automatically applied to the target, and your saying the 3 powers of sorcery plus mental tendrils are supposed to be a skill based way of playing?

Not to be insulting, but I'd like to see how you play. Show me how skill has anything to do with this.
    • Like x 4
  15. FlreMint Active Player

FireMint back!

Im glad you replied Shin-O-B, I really didnt expect it, it was very lonely on the revamp threads, I trully appreciate it, and you even applied my color coding man, made my day!

Terror tendrils were broken, as you mention, they were doing too much damage, but right now they are in a pitiful state... what I understand from what you said is that this is intended, that this is a power that requires skill to be effective, this sounds great, if there was a reward for the many risks... Terror Tendrils are not attractive to use... there is probably some people who will disagree with me, maybe they are a lot of people, do you think they are a lot? Listen to the feedback, do you think people are satisfied with Terror Tendrils current state?

There is something else that you should know, dear ninja, currently there is no other power that applies Terror PI on multiple targets... this is critical, and I reported it many times on test... so the Terror side of Mental balances over our very dear Terror Tendrils...

Mental Terror PI appliers

-Terror Tendrils
    -Horrific Visage (Sounds good, doesnt work... the damage and PI are single target on damage role...)
    -Mass Hysteria (This is a supercharge, on a sidenote, it is applying the Terror PI to the user, this was reported as well...)

*Other options would be to first apply daze using Mass Levitation, Tought Bubble or any of the Iconic powers which apply it and then use Pyrokinesis to convert Daze into Terror. Or to be forced to craft and use thousands of Ampoules of Terror... forever 0.0

Please tell me that you understand my frustration here, even if just a tiny bit...

P.D.: I do realize that it is verry arrogant of me to assume that you can grant everyones' wishes by using your coding magic, I offer my suggestion prepared to receive a 'not possible' as an answer, or to be contradicted by my peers and abide to the democratic decision. My suggestion is to keep the exploding effect but only when they hit an Enemy, let them go through Allies and NPCs, bounce on Walls.

ohm.. on a 2nd P.D.: I have a list of stuff that is not working properly, some not-so-critical style requests and 1 important bug that could be expoited... I don't think posting that here would be a good idea...

Your freshest prince

FireMint
    • Like x 1
  16. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Thanks BTW on Fixing up Mental; it's much improved since the first day on Test.
    One other thing, Mental used to have a small self heal via Resonance; would it be possible to add that to stealth or something.
    • Like x 1
  17. Hraesvelg Always Right

It hits hard, but you can be knocked out of the animation if the NPC even THINKS about looking at you or jumping/moving out of the way last second. It's very hit or miss.
  18. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Yes, but being countered is different than powers blowing up before they reach the target because Wonder woman fat azz got in the way.
    • Like x 1
  19. Hraesvelg Always Right

It's not just a counter. Any sort of knock back, stun, stiff summer breeze, mild touching will stop your animation. You've then lost the power cost and time in the windup. It's very sensitive and open to the whims and vagaries of RNG, much like WW stepping in front of your power.
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

So it's a channel, right? Don't they have an app for that? Or mod. Lol. I get it.