Mics have to be used more

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Juiceman936, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

I'm just trying to help ppl make the transition from am Era to revamp. I've been playing for 5 years and I will admit that this is the worse time of communication.

Saying that to say, if your group is having a tough time in older content. Come out of league chat and go to group or instance chat. Raid mechanics and pick ups are easily done with communication. You can't blow thru instances anymore. Need communication!
    • Like x 4
  2. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

People could also just read and type more.
    • Like x 10
  3. EP Ice Loyal Player

Isn't that "communication"? He said in his post "communication" several times. I understand what the title of the thread is but his overall theme is communication.
    • Like x 4
  4. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I agree with both of you :p
    • Like x 1
  5. Noxious Flora Well-Known Player

No thanks. I'd rather not hear 7 different sound tracks blasting in the background.
    • Like x 7
  6. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

1. Exaggerating. 2. Thats why you have the ability to turn people all the way down.
  7. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

NO THANK YOU. I am not a fan of eating chips, burping, breathing loud, farting in my ears, babies screaming, mom & dad telling you to get off because your grounded, Wifey screaming at you because you won't get off of the game or loudmouthed wankers screaming I NEED MORE POWER or HEAL'S at the controller & healer. AGGRO!!! TANK AGGRO!!! I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR THAT or about anyone's baby mama /baby daddy business.

NOPE, NOW WAY, NO HOW and if you keep asking...............my mic is broken, it will always be broken, and sound is stuck in mute and I can't unstick it and if I am choppin up people in the tub with a chainsaw & stuffing them in bags to freeze later.:eek: I don't think you would want to hear that either. :p LOL :p

I will gladly read & type anytime.
    • Like x 11
  8. Noxious Flora Well-Known Player

Muting people beats the point of switching to group chat to listen to them.
    • Like x 5
  9. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

what mic ;)

only mic I haz is the 1 that came with PS4 and I prefer not to use a mono ear bud mic :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  10. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Not everyone is like that is the point. There some good people to be met.
  11. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Wow so negative lol.
    • Like x 1
  12. Noxious Flora Well-Known Player

counter point: too many poeple ARE like that.
    • Like x 3
  13. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Yall are just being too negative imo. Owell.
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

6 years playing the game and haven't used a mic. Chat box is more then enough if people learn how to read it while playing.
    • Like x 2
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Sadly... people have no consideration for those who are at the OTHER end of the mic.
    They fail to realise that their mouth is pretty much straight into the other people's ear.

So at some point I started using my mic only with friends and Leaguemates.

So.... when people stop;
    Eating crunchy chips
    Listening to Rap Hop Hip Hop music full blast
    etc...

Then I will start using my mic once more.

If people REALLY NEED to eat chips while playing....
    or if they REALLY NEED to listen to their Rap Hop Hip Hop while playing.....

Would it be that difficult to use push to talk??
    • Like x 1
  16. LT Schmitt Committed Player

You know you can turn them down right?

As for push to talk I have never be a fan of it and would never us it, than again I know where my mute button is.
  17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Not really.

When I started playing.... I did use my mic.
    Heck I bought a mic just for DCUO.

But then.... people kept on eating.... listening to music full blast... etc.

So at first I would mute people.

But then pretty much every mission I had to mute 1 person.... 2 people.... half the group.

So after a while.... enough was enough..... and I started using my mic only with friends or Leaguemates.

Sadly.... LOTS of players seems to find this kind of behavior acceptable.
    So.... no chance that they will ever decide on their own to use push to talk.

So I stick to using my mic with my friends only. :(
    • Like x 1
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yes I know.

Read my other comment. ;) ;)
  19. LT Schmitt Committed Player

Just saw that, sorry!!
  20. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It's ok. It happens. ;) ;)