The Cutting Edge Gadgets Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Penryn, Jul 24, 2017.

1. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Looks like they are removing UWC from all damage moves for all powersets.

Well well, the channels Freeze Breath, Heat Vision and Sonic Shout are only 150 base power cost? Interesting.
  2. loupblanc Dedicated Player

I didn't test the revamp for Gadgets. But its just great being able to use Implosion Mine or Thermite Mine outside of stealth.
  3. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

They are 150 cost per second of channeling. Still not bad but not as great as it looks when you first see that 150 :D
  4. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Ah my bad, read wrongly. So its 450 total? Still gonna try out Heat Vision in my Ranged Single-Target for bosses.
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

For Play from the Tray builds, I'd recommend Heat Vision and Taser Pull for solo target ranged situations. Nothing can beat Heat Vision for solo target damage right now. You can do three Taser Pulls in between each Heat Vision cast. If you are specced correctly, your Passive Power Regeneration should be able to keep up. If you are within 13 meters of the target, you can also work in a Taser Pull -> Stealth ->Surprise Attack clip. That Stealth clip drains Power very quickly though.

Heat Vision isn't too bad for group situations either. You can switch targets while casting Heat Vision and the last damage tick you do to a target sets up the DoT component. That means in an ideal situation, you can have the DoT running on up to four targets and there won't be any damage division.
    • Like x 1
  6. Xibo Loyal Player

For Gadgets, i am using Implosion Mine, Thermical Mine, Paralyzing Dart, EMP Pulse, Supressor Turret, SC. Is that loadout ok?
    • Like x 1
  7. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Loadout looks alright but depends on what you want to do with it. Lots of loadouts can work well or be absolutely terrible depending on your spec, rotation, and the situation when you use them.
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

It is hard to say based on just a loadout.

What playstyle are you using? Hybrid or Play from the Tray? Are you intending this to be a general purpose build?
  9. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Are you using Suppressor Turret for jump cancelling purposes only?
  10. The Game Well-Known Player

yeah it would be cool to have a general purpose build. Plus I'm tempted to use batarangs cause....batman XD
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

If you want to use Batarang Multi-Shot, it sounds like you are interested in a build that uses the Dazed power interaction and has a 10-15 meter range. To refine that a bit more, what playstyle are you interested in: Weapons, Hybrid, or Powers only?
  12. Xibo Loyal Player

PFTT Melee loadout.
  13. Xibo Loyal Player

No, i let him actived normally.
  14. jflusson Well-Known Player

ive done a lot of testing, thanks for the guide pen. conclusion is hybrid playstyle just cant compete at final end game content imo. there is one loadout and build im playing with that is competitive, but not better. players at cr 200 , 250 + sps specced full might and pftt are just going to put out more damage than any hybrid build at this time. i think they will have to buff weapons or what they should have done is taken the cap off of both 175 points trees to make stats really matter.
  15. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Just one follow-up question then:
    How are you using Paralyzing Dart in that build? Do you lunge in, plants mines, jump back, cast Dart, and repeat?

The cooldown on EMP makes it awkward just to rotate Thermite Mine, Implosion Mine, and EMP. There is a brief pause before EMP comes off cooldown.
  16. loupblanc Dedicated Player

I do want to ask whether Hybrid or Superpowered is better for Trolling, be it just running as normal troll or running as battle troll?
  17. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Props for making a fun loadout. Troublesome, if you get interrupted when casting Thermite Mine to setup your PI for EMP / P.Dart, but lots of big boom when you are in your rotation.
  18. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

How much are you parsing with Pftt vs hybrid?
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I've reached similar conclusions based on my research. If you're going for maximum damage output, don't use melee Hybrid. Regular weapon attacks just don't do enough damage, especially the short ones you want to use on a Hybrid rotation. You end up doing a ton of work/clipping and don't get much to show for it.
  20. jflusson Well-Known Player

I haven't tested much on pftt the other than the competition I was up against, but for hybrid - one cycle through i would be in the 50K-60k range. pftt i was in the mid 70k sometimes 80s.