NOW AVAILABLE: The Stats Revamp!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 26, 2017.

1. M1234MMO New Player

Real quick, when we go to Traits, why isn't our SP displayed at the top anymore ?? I liked that, who thought of taking that off, it was cool !
  2. azarel New Player

Devs the US servers have had 2 hotfixes since the stat revamp 28th and 29th including

"PC Stats
    • Significantly reduced the health of Elite NPCs."
    when are the EU servers gettinf this fix this may resolve some of the issues that we in the EU are having since the revamp

it appears that the US complain and get fixes we in the EU complain and have to wait until you can be bothered to carry out the same fixes there is hardly anyone on EU since the revamp do the hotfixes and who knows maybe players will come back on
    • Like x 3
  3. StealthBlue Loyal Player

It used to be that you needed an active membership on the PC side to participate on the test server, now you just need a PC capable of playing the game (and Dcuo's requirements aren't terribly high). So while you might be a PS or Xbox player normally, you can still participate on the test server, like I do.
    • Like x 2
  4. Bloodlife New Player

Just think of the US server users as guinea pigs... myself included :p
    if things go well, you get it, if things need an urgent update, you get the fixed one already?
    • Like x 1
  5. Dephyre Committed Player

Nope, was simply stating a fact. Anyone who has played this game whether it's on PC or PS, can get on the PC test server to test changes. The authentication process for getting changes out to consoles is longer than it is on PC, because they have to go through the consoles parent companies to do so. There's no contradiction, learn to read.
    • Like x 2
  6. EvilBipolarGirl New Player

Thats actually not true at all.
    One could retain all of the above mentioned but have them changed to be less effective or worthless in game to the point that even though you still have them they are as pointless as not having them.
    • Like x 2
  7. EvilBipolarGirl New Player

Nicely said.
    I agree there is a lot i like about the update , most notable the way it make jobs like healer and troll and tank fun for them again to some extent.
    They get to feel like they are doing more than being a mindless gear in the machine and im grateful for that .
    I like that some of the powers we all wished we could use but couldn't because they did next to nothing are now usable.
    I like the idea of the stats revamp, but i dont like what actual happened behind the scenes in the code.
    Its almost as if someone working there said "you know what we cant keep making these players stronger¨ So lets basically nerf them back to beginning and make them think they are still the same but the game will be whats changed around them so we can just roll out the progression they have already done and they will never know. So now they can buff us at points along the way and we feel like its new but nope its that old game code redistributed and recycled lol.
    Makes a lil sense when you realize how that works out for cost to bring us more updates when what will be coming in the future is an update from the past.

Ide love to say its all bad .... scratch that Ide love to say its all good, but in my opinion thats just it, this is both.
    Its partially good because it is and was based on a good idea, however it was managed poorly handled terribly and dilivered to us as cleverly disguised lie.

Shame on them for thinking we the consumers would be so blind, but shame on us even more for being so blind all along.
    • Like x 5
  8. Rikis New Player

This is the first MMO I've ever seen that deemed it necessary to make older content harder. In EQ1, since the earlier zones aren't instanced, they made it easier to finish epic quests even if they are absolutely vanity projects now. In WoW, during the stat crunch, they went out of their way to make sure old content was still soloable by those adequately geared. In EQ2, they did actually add the option to do older dungeons scaled up. The keyword is add, it was an additional option. The old content was still available to everyone.
    • Like x 8
  9. Tarif Committed Player

Some of the update was good, but many of us just aint swallowing that pill. Taking everything from us that we have paid for and earned in game for years? No. No cigar there. They need to adjust our content accordingly to its appropriate tiered level and MAKE OUR STATS MATTER AGAIN like the revamp was meant to be, or our money can go elsewhere. Best believe they see theres too many of us up in arms over losing everything that we have ever done in this game for the progression and growth of our characters as players and as customers supporting the game we have loved as fans while growing the substance of our characters. People were warning from the get go on test about this. Now that its live, its even worse. MAKE OUR STATS MATTER. Fix Our Content.
    • Like x 5
  10. Duzzit Active Player

im with ya buddy, got a warning myself for *trolling* but i've had no example of what i said yet lol.
    i'm expecting significant updates soon, there just has to be, this update is almost universally unpopular.
    mepps is kinda taking a hit right now, he's the face of dcuo but makes none of the decisions. be kind to him. from his recent posts you can tell he's just as unhappy as we are.
    there's also a chance that the reason we all suck so much right now is because our OP items aren't working correctly, lets see what happens with that.
    all that being said...my sub runs out on the 8th...didn't cancel it yet but may just do that
    • Like x 5
  11. Frosty Nutz Level 30

hahah yeha got taht inbox message as well, yet no help for me anyways .
    • Like x 2
  12. Duzzit Active Player

i was *very very* drunk during the time i go the inbox message lol...so i guess it's possible i said something bad, just don't remember, and doubt it too
  13. Frosty Nutz Level 30

same but u probably didint. Im thinkin i got called out on calling out post lockings etc. Think they are all just a little sore atm, vaseline probably ran out.
    • Like x 1
  14. Tarif Committed Player

You are not the only ones, Im disheartened and will be canceling my membership if the content isnt fixed before my sub is due. The Stats Matter Revamp was supposed ot get rid of the CR Differential, and Make Our Stats Matter to those in comparison that never put in the time or effort to put the work (and money) into their characters as players and customers AND in comparison to the content we play in, while addressing the issues with powers that needed some work. I cant even create a Thread on the Forums now. Nice right there, being silenced after paying for legendary and upwards of $100+ a month into a game I loved and supported fully for 5+ years. We didnt sign on for a stats matter revamp to lose all the progression and growth that we earned and paid for in game all these years because they did not want to work on older content. That is NOT what the Stats Matter Revamp was intended to be. The content needs to be adjusted to reflect our stats and its appropriate tiered level. Our STATS SHOULD MATTER. Just because people are being vocal about the game they have loved and supported all these years- doesnt mean they should just be silenced and c en sored as well. None of are being vulgar, we are laying out what we like and dislike about the revamp, and arent happy one bit about losing so much that we EARNED and PAID for in game to watch our characters grow and progress. Please fix our content and adjust our stats to what they actually mean in the games content, and MAKE OUR STATS MATTER as intended with the Revamp we were promised, not what a small percentage are okay with.
    • Like x 3
  15. ChillCat Loyal Player

Tarif, I think you're still not understanding that the STRENGTH you paid for before the revamp had very little to do with your stats and came mostly from the cr differential.

Before the revamp, your strength was essentially fake. Your progression was fake because most of what you could accomplish was based on an output calculation from you cr and not about your expertise or mods or SP. Your output was almost all about the cr.

Now your stats actually matter, your skill actually matters, your mods actually matter. It's real progression and not the fake stuff the cr differential was giving you. this is as close as possible as progression is meant to be. It's like the little kid sitting in the backseat with a toy steering wheel thinking they're actually driving the car when the parent was doing all the work. Now it's your turn to actually drive and it's a lot harder than that fake toy tricked you into believing.
    • Like x 2
  16. Ashuraman Active Player

Except examples have been given before on this very thread on how stats DON'T matter at all right now.Or did you somehow miss(ignore) those?
    • Like x 6
  17. Tarif Committed Player

I played well before Advanced mechanics and Weapons mastery. ALL My mods are special forces and my skill points are sitting at 303. My strength, OR THE Money I spent into this game to EARN everything I had in game wasnt fake. Nor was the years as a paying customer and the time I worked in game to build my character. You need to stop trolling people and posting fake replies or assumptions. Believe me, your only making sense to your own ego. People are upset about this, and we are gonna speak until its fixed or we take our support as customers from it, not one thing your gonna say to change many of our minds. Especially mine. WHILE STILL ON TEST many of us were vocal about this very problem, and it was OVERLOOKED. Content needs to be set at its appropriate Tiered Level to REFLECT that our growth in game and that OUR STATS DO MATTER. The content does NOT reflect any where it did in relation to our stats even before the advanced mechanic and weapon mastery systems were implemented. Try that on someone who has only been playing for a few years, the rest of us aint falling for any of those kind of words your typing.
    • Like x 4
  18. Control Creed Well-Known Player

LOL, well... I'd be lying if I said I didn't think it would be all bad, I was so negative on the whole way it was pitched I'm actually quite taken aback at how much I like some aspects. If your expectations are low it's hard to be disappointed. I watched the videos where people described what was coming and all the aspect you mention I thought I'd hate it just as much.

Thing is I mostly play on EU server and no one is "adjusting" to roles being needed, they are just dying and leaving when they can't roll it. The added health means a lot more time on Alerts and Raids, not sure the population WILL adjust. Maybe I'll log into US servers and give it a go but... so far people are still trying to 4 DPS alerts and no tank / no troll raids... not gonna work. The annoying habit some have of leaving duos when there isn't someone OP to carry them seems to be increasing too... there's greater population on US servers but... hate to say it the negativity there is... I can't even imagine after this update. You are right if they don't make some adjust ments the game is doomed cause the whole reason they brought in AM power back and optional role alerts was everyone only wants to dps, I'm not sure how they thought adding a ton of health to NPCs was suddenly gonna change the culture, yep if you have all roles and are willing to figure out how they break the rules with NPCs and call that "mechanics" unless it's a glitch, hard to tell.

There's a thread Mepps started where you post what instances / NPCs are "too hard" so I'm sure they are aware of the problem. He's managing their twitter and facebook so I'd be shocked if he read all this if no one reports anyone one. People are leaving long posts like this one instead of "Black Dawn, Talia, Flame AOE too much damage, mechanics unavoidable" so I'm not sure how much longer he will be reading that. He should probably just use a form on twitter.
    • Like x 3
  19. Tarif Committed Player

Hes just trolling, because he doesnt want to see a fix. There is a small percentage in this game like him that are like this. They want things to be hard on new players and cant see what even the older players that played long before weapons mastery and advanced mechanics are talking about. All this guy does is bring that up or tell people they dont know how to play or lack skill in other threads. He isnt fooling anyone. We will get that fix, if they value how we feel as customers and understand that this game has always been about us growing our characters in progression over time. They overlooked content and set it wrong, and it needs to be adjusted to reflect our stats as it should be. Most of us did not spend money and time in game for years building our characters just to listen to this guy spout out insults or even take the guy seriously in game. I hated the CR differential. Ive said that many times over. I like alot of the update, said that too...but I- like many others that are upset, dont want to watch all progression and time we put in to build our characters to be taken away and never had mattered. Thats not how PROGRESSION in game works.Never has, and never will. The problem is right now OUR STATS ARE BARELY MATTERING BECAUSE OF THE WAY CONTENT IS SET. Thats the main issue people are posting and talking in game about, and it needs to be fixed.
    • Like x 3
  20. MessiahXHD Level 30

I am not 1 to complain about anything but the game is not fun anymore , you cant pug anything, raids take to long , damage is really bad now not to mention OP items are not OP anymore, I have 343 Sp i thought Stats matter ? It don't seem like it , If this is your Idea of making the game better it's not, The game is not fun at all ,USE was hard the before the update now its 5 times harder to complete , all i am saying is DCUO has to do something to balance everything out or your going to loose a lot of Hardcore players!!!!!
    • Like x 3