Book of Oa/Parallax:Ultimate Light Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by dr strangeonline, Mar 8, 2015.

1. L T Devoted Player

You understand that this is a guide section and... um... that's not very helpful? I mean.. really... why post?
    • Like x 3
  2. DAangerGrey Level 30

Worst reply to a post ever.
    • Like x 2
  3. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Why cuz am not giving you the loudout ?
  4. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Not helpful? I'm telling you there's another OP loadout , so try to think outside the box instead of copying other players ;)
  5. DAangerGrey Level 30

No. I see no reason why you should give the loadout. But this is a guides thread. So your comment just kinda makes you look like a smug ******, trying to undermine somebody who is trying to help people.
    • Like x 2
  6. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Am not trying to do any of that so stop talking non sense XD!
  7. DAangerGrey Level 30

Just please try to understand how your post came across. Cheers.
    • Like x 1
  8. L T Devoted Player

the best melee I can manage is clipping chainsaw with whip thrash and then clipping the second whip thrash with chainsaw again. Pretty power intensive though.

so far with ranged I have
    ram>fan>impact/clip with ram again
    or
    minigum>ram>fan>impact/clip with minigun

They're both doing about the same damage, but the second one is a little more forgiving power wise. I'm not sure either is really any good though.
    • Like x 1
  9. GreenLanternForever Well-Known Player

I did some L/O testing both from YT vids, Forum posts and things i came up with and oh boy, It's a mess. Either some do great damage but have terrible power efficiency or do bad damage and have very good power efficiency. Honestly, at this point i think it depends on whether or not you want to put the pressure on the Troll(s) and/or keep popping sodas/supply drops/ sidekicks/ whatever else restores power.

Some examples:
    Great Damage* (on a scale of 1-10, like 9), Bad power efficiency (on a scale of 1-10, like 2) :

Daze PI, Chainsaw only (Combo till cooldown wears off, repeat)

Bad Damage* (on a scale of 1-10, like 4), Great Power efficiency (on a scale of 1-10, like 10) :

Daze PI and The old AM L/O, Fan>Impact>Light Blast> etc.

*Compared to other L/O that i've tested for HL.

Edit: Forgot to mention, this is with Superpowered Focus and max Might and Power SP.
  10. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Isn't the point of this Revamp for players to choose the powers they want and like into a loadout of their choosing?

You can refer to Youtube loadouts, but you could also just come up with your own versions, then post them here and then let people see whether your rotations are all right, and if it needs work, people can then give specific pointers.
  11. CassUV Well-Known Player

About DPS parses, what's yours?

In Sparring I'm near 14k on melee and 9-10k on range, did you have similar numbers?.
  12. Mazahs Loyal Player

So Ive got my loadouts and rotations Im comfortable with foe the most part. But, cant decide between LWS and Chompers for PI. Chompers seems to hit (or crit higher) for around 1.5-2k more, but using SC generator with LWS gets noticeably more SC.

Which have you folks settled on and why?
  13. CassUV Well-Known Player

I tested on sparring and Chompers got better numbers.

My main issue its doing melee with HL. I ran JFAR JFAE USR several times with my leaguemates - 202CR+ 310SP+ full Special Forces - and i only did competitive damage - i wasnt the leader - with melee but, even with shields, i die a few times. I think its my fault n i need to train more melee.

PS.: Our PI works with all HL DPS?, i explain, if i run with another HL DPS and i use Chompers, the other HL DPS wont need use chompers and will take advantage of my chompers or he will need cast chompers too?.
  14. Mazahs Loyal Player

Once.a.PI is down all.will benefit accordingly. Not sure if they over ride each other.
    Still trying to figure out extra SC from LWS vs higher base dmg of chompers
  15. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I really love GH to GH clipped with snap trap. With chompers you can have 3 dots on for a short time. From there i go into all kindsa stuff.
  16. Xibo Loyal Player

I found a good loadout with Weapon Expert.

17. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I noticed that hits nice too. I use something similar for alerts n duos
  18. Saybro Committed Player

Anyone noticing chompers missing adds. Does anyone know the cone of it or if there is even one.?
    • Like x 1
  19. CassUV Well-Known Player

Hey guys, I need help with range loadouts and single target loadouts. Do you have any range and single targets loadouts aiming damage out?.

I use to run range multi target with Ram --- Combo Fan --- Ram (clipping of course)

My single target is Ram --- Combo Snaptrap --- HandClap --- Combo HandClap --- Grasping Hand --- Combo Pull Grasping Hand --- Ram (Clipping of course)

I can't produce good numbers. Can you help me with this difficult?. My melee loadout is okay, but when I enter in USE where we must stay far from boss, my damage, comparing with others DPS falls a lot. Could you share what are you doing in range multi target and single target combat?. Thank you very much.
  20. Davenport Committed Player

Any recommendation on SP layout? I recently started to get back into the game after being gone since before the changes came about and am confused by the changes. I've got about 170 SP at the moment.