A Mental Breakdown V3

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Greenman_x, Jun 10, 2013.

1. CTEN Well-Known Player

I am currently running Psychic Shock, Pyro, TK Shield, Empowerment, Bastion and grandeur as a troll.

I hate it. I had to dump TB and Tendrils because the changed the powers completely. Tendrils was the best mass stun we had and now it hits teammates and explodes. TB no longer has a Defense Debuff or DoT, but does bubble 4 mobs.

I do not feel like the troll I was. I simply play as a DPS and hope I fill people's power bars with random Power out. It is no longer a strategy to do PoT, just a power mash.
  2. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I'll see what I can do.
    • Like x 4
  3. Tracmar Well-Known Player

Testing full might loadout :

Pyro, psychic bolt, psy prison, mass lev, invis , SC (bastion or bolt or ghosts :D)

Invis has ambush, psy prison and one SC for emergencies mostly bastion

Rotation so far :

a ) bunch of enemies

Start with mass lev clip with invis . In invis cast psy prison
    On getting out of invis , pyro and then spam psy shock till psy prison is off cd , then use prison
    When invis is off cooldown , mass lev clip with invis again and use psy prison or sc if its needed

b) single target

Same as above , instead of casting psy prison in invis, cast ambush for single target
    Change to SC when required inside invis

Between this rotation >>use sd, orbitals , trinkets , soders as required

Still testing this loadout but having slight lag issues so the testing is currently not very efficient

Hope this helps .. and yea am open to criticism :)
    • Like x 1
  4. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I'm not as active on here or in game as I used to be, but let me know if there is any way I can help
    • Like x 2
  5. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I started last night, I'll try to do more this week. Job and kids make free time rare lol. I'll PM you when I have a decent amount to see what ya think.
    • Like x 1
  6. Abel Well-Known Player

After a couple of hours testing here is what I found so far to be decent DPS Loadout:

Mass Levitation + Pyrokinesis + Telekinetic Pull + Telekinetic Bolt + Mass Terror and Robot Side Kick

The above loadout is much better than what I have been running since the revamp.
    The one downside of the above loadout is that there are 2 powers (Mass Levitation and Mass Terror) that are interruptible.

If any others have suggestions by all means feel free to chime in.
    • Like x 1
  7. Belthazur Dedicated Player

What was your SP Allocation?
  8. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I have a few loadouts. A fun Dazing, levitating, pulling and transforming loadout for Real world.
    A loadout of a combo of short Bursts and Ticks for High damage.
    And a loadout with Stealth which I hardly use.
  9. Belthazur Dedicated Player

fatal Star Just Posted this in a Different Page. It may be helpful its Pftt
    • Like x 1
  10. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Post em Giving rotation, Lets help our Fellow Mentalists
  11. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

My Fun Loadout is TK Pull into Psychic Prison, then ML into Though Bubble into Horrific Visage into TK. Great in real world.
  12. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Specing Superpowers i take it?
  13. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Absolutely. The only advantage to Hybrid is a Hidden 5% Precision Buff. Not a worthwhile trade-off to the Power Regen.
    • Like x 1
  14. Abel Well-Known Player

I have 313 sp and put them in superpowers and the extras are in health.
  15. chrissymac New Player

dps mass lev , tele push , tele pull , tele bolt , SONIC SCREAM , invis
    in invis ... rtn , bolt barrage , neo boost , mass terror .. ambush pain blast ..psy prison
    rotation 1st 123456 pain blast converts dazed to terror , MT extra dam to terrorized
    above superpowered loadout ...
    troll hybrid ..regular 3 debuffs grand bastion and psy empower ...finding pistols fastest power regen weapon
    .... trying eveything :)
    • Like x 1
  16. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Pain Blast is a must have.
    • Like x 3
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

i start with either thought bubble (open world) or mass lev (group instance), then basicly:
    pyro, mass terr, cryo, psy bolt, pyro, mass terr, cryo, psy bolt... occasionaly i do invisible.
  18. Blight KOBRA Commander

Not sure if anyone will find this one useful, but it's been working for me. My DPS loadout and rotation is Thought Bubble, Pyro, Mass Terror, Mass Levitation, TK Bolt, and Terrorize.
  19. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

Mental seems to be lacking now on the DPS side. Unfortunately I don't have the ability to use test, so I don't have any numbers/scientific evidence to support my claim. What I have noticed is that I'm falling way behind when matched against Earth or Nature. I know Jackhammer is completely broken, but Mental has fallen very far from where it was pre-vamp.
    • Like x 1
  20. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Yea I agree, Everyone keeps saying the Powers are balanced but thats completely Bogus.
    I am struggeling to even stay #3 on the DPS List. Im lucky if i can out Dps a Healer these days.
    I have 335 Sp and Top Vender Gear and Still gettin No where Near the Numbers Earth, Rage, Gadgets are getting
    • Like x 1