Dev Discussion GU73: Tanks

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RLManuel Committed Player

I meant the new one :D
    • Like x 1
  2. Lacedog Loyal Player

Beat me to it
    • Like x 1
  3. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Reallt sucked switching to aftershock armory because brick is squishy and having to change loadout just to get him to go away
    • Like x 1
  4. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

What was the point of swapping Ice's Reflection animation?
    • Like x 2
  5. Korlick Loyal Player

So...im still trying to figure this out.
    I just checked with a league mate tank (NOT FIRE):
    -His base Health is 43112 and he has 107sp in Health Stat. No Health Mods in his gear and 8.3 Health Gen Mods.

-My Health (including the supposed 50% buff) is 55356 with 120sp in Health Stat. Dom and Health SF, Resto and Health SF and Might and Health in my gear. Health SF Gen Mods.

The difference is not that much taking in consideration the numbers we have. Specially having a 50% Health Buff.
    And that means that my actual base Health is lower than his, even when i have more SP, Health Mods in my gear and better Gen Mods.

Clearly something is wrong.
  6. Mr. Awesome Well-Known Player

because reflection is no longer you guys strongest shield. WInter Ward is. The devs wanted the strongest looking animation on the strongest functional shield. Imo, they should have just name swapped winter ward into something more obvious
  7. Korlick Loyal Player

Is it for all tanks or just Fire? If it is for all tanks, its BS. And if it is just for Fire, then something is wrong with the buff.

EDIT:: I agree that the Healing In increase should be for both Active and Turtling Tank.
  8. Korlick Loyal Player

Well then...

9. SaintlyHero New Player

I'm not sure how I get my power specs to my other characters
  10. Frosty Nutz Level 30

again what, saintlyhero?
  11. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

I have all health and Dom in my blue sockets, Dom and might red sockets and might and power in yellow, also I have 2 op rings, face op, back , waist and head, also neck is op and my utility belt. My power rage XD
  12. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Maybe op gears?
  13. Korlick Loyal Player

Have those too. And of course, my Starro Mask has a Might and Health Mod.
  14. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

Overall I'm satisfied with Rage tanking. It feels a lot more flexible than before, less punishing for mess-ups yet not as overpowered in certain situations as before. The most notable improvement is probably the shield which allows us to actually get pick-ups and consoles if necessary as opposed to pre-revamp. Though I would like a clarification on how much defense blocking gives, in case I missed it.

Building up 50x hit counter isn't too hard but will probably be what separates good tanks from bad ones this time around. However, using remorseless recovery to its fullest potential now requires slow but hard hitting combos, which hurts freedom of weapon choice.

Rage tanking is also easier on healers now thanks to the 110% defense buff.
  15. krytine Loyal Player

I went to war torn village this morning as a 195 cr my dom as a tank outside of the village was 6200 while in the village it went to 7300 it did not show any kind of buff for the area my precision was buffed by 150 points. But again is there something I am missing or does the area buff you dom still but not show it
  16. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Reflection is no longer the go to "badass op" shield, winter ward is now the strongest so the animations were switched for a sense of familiarity.
  17. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Turtle tanking is way more effective on SR than it was on live giving you a 100%(110% with mod) def boost while blocking, there needed to be a way to "reward" i guess you could say for playing it active. If turtle tanking got the increase it would be with a doubt the only way to tank, and on of the key things about the revamp was adding variety to how you play.
  18. McShotzz Well-Known Player

If you look through the "rage" section under traits and go all the way to the top it shows the benefit of blocking which is a 100% def buff and i think it says 100% cc res but can still get stunned out of it.
  19. eanur Well-Known Player

General Atomic feedback: So atm I can keep up with most power sets using atomic combo's but I am more of an hassle to the group with my power consumption being so high that I started looking into non combo pftt damage.

I can do similar, maybe about 10% less damage at melee with a non -combo loadout but the main problem I am finding is we are really missing a high power cost non-combo range move. We have Geiger blast with is our 300 cost melee power which does good damage but no 300 power cost at range. Maybe get rid of Fracture and replace it with a range power its not like anyone uses it apart from a gimiky loadout
    • Like x 1
  20. VioletSorceress Committed Player

All tanks feel a little squishy for me with Fire having it the worst. Fire is the only tank I failed to active tank Kendor and GoM with.

My Fire toon is at a second account at 187cr and just 187sp.
    I got Hybrid Focus and spend my SP like:
    15x Healing critis
    5x Healing magnitude
    100x Health
    20x Resto
    20x Domi
    EDIT: Rest of the SP went for 2Handed weapon attacks, HL Shield and some Movement stuff.

My mods were like before update: Might+Health8 (red), Domi+Health8 (blue) , Resto+Health8(yellow)
    Active tank LO: Backdraft, StokeFlames, BurningDet, Engulf, Immolation, Burnout.

After the failed Active tanking fest, I was able to turtle tank these raids with my old LO (just swapped Low Pressure for Engulf) but still it was way harder than before Revamp.
    Turtle LO: Engulf, BurningDet, StokeFlames, Immolation, Burnout, HL Shield.

I think that Tank role in general needs to have some buff like DPS role gives 10% damage increase(which seem to be low but that is another subject).
    Something like +3% Health +5% Domi. To further reward extra SP and modding.
    Also SP should continue to grand % increases past 100 points.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.