Really hope this is just 1st day adjustments

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by smlaude, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Kelly Cares New Player

Man i just came back to the game for the first time since March, First time running the new dlc. With a cr195 healer and troll cr200 and dps cr200. i think im cr190 with 290sp and we had no issue with either alerts last night and thats after i switched to a new power and had two mins to practice it before running the alert. Only knew the healer so were not a exp group. But i thought it was fine and i even slightly beat the other dps. But just by a few hundred.
  2. Catnip New Player

It won't be so cute when people take their toxic money somewhere else.

Adjusting stats is one thing. Trying to turn this into a completely different play experience than it was a week ago is another. To be blunt: if I've got to learn a new game, it is going to actually be a new game. And I'm speaking as someone who has loyally subscribed to SOE/DB games every month since January 2000 less than a year after original EQ launched.
    • Like x 4
  3. VariableFire Loyal Player

Which has absolutely NOTHING to do with what you said that I responded to. You whined that most people left because things were "too easy" and that "mostly" no one left over difficulty. Backtrack all you want but that's the gist of your original comments.
  4. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Chillax bud, first I was new, then delusional, now I whined? Where did I state that mostly "no one" left over difficulty exactly? What I did say was this:

More players have probably quit over experienced players like yourself steamrolling everything, than have ever quit because they found the content to be too challenging. There is no greater teacher in life than failure.

That sir is just an opinion, which I believe I am allowed to express here no??
  5. Dianatique Well-Known Player

I feel bad for the dense people in here that keeps saying "oh the new update is so great", you must be really delusional to think that this new game update is great, people played this for fun, not to care about some ******* stats, great way to killing this game.
    • Like x 3
  6. Great Architect Loyal Player

So you want all the content re-adjusted, somehow, without unbalancing it for everybody at relevancy, because you missed some feats and styles on the way up? And once everybody that wants those feats and styles has them, the whole exercise will be redundant?

Call me pessimistic, but I can't see that happening :(...
  7. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Nope. Population of this game was more friendly and more populated prior to AMs and all that noise. You would know this if you were around. This is not an action shoot em up game. Its an mmo. Many players who came in during the AM era dont seem to understand this. This is closer to the game we had prior to all of that and the game was more fun, more popular. The stats weren't inflated with t5 damage creep and outrageous numbers cr differential and AMs produced. This is closer to the numbers we saw prior to the enormous jump in stats and damage and although it had its issues, the game was much healthier in my eyes. Lack of the ability to burn through content makes players actually learn instances and their powerr other than mindlessly pressing 1234 over and over.

Theres more variety and viability now than ever yet you view that as unfun because your not one shotting adds with astronomical numbers that should of never existed to begin with. This version allows for a greater game in the future with more intuitive playerbase which will make content better and more rewarding. Players will leave and players will come that is certain. This is just how i view it and i am way more engaged in the game now than i have been for years. It became too dumbed down. And to be honest ive just thrown together a few loadouts and have had no problem killing anything or completing any instance in end game. Hasnt taken any longer to complete any instance. Players were fooled and spoiled by the over exaggerated damage numbers. Take a step back.
    • Like x 2
  8. jflusson Well-Known Player

there was something fun about AMs ? a style of play that allowed you to use only mental gadgets or ice to play as a dps and you could only choose 1 of 2 powers of each to get damage bonuses ? call me crazy but it seems like its more fun to have different builds and types of playstyles
    • Like x 2
  9. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I have to tell you, I played from launch until the end of 2015. Before you start, I still hang out in the funhouse occasionally.

I didn't rage quit the game when I left, I slowly peetered out, the game became boring. Logging on became a routine not a pleasure. I remember logging off one day, and that was it, I didn't log back on.

Reading these patch notes, and the comments that followed have kind of poked my interest in playing again, the game sounds like a challenge again, and it sounds like it might be worth getting back into again.

Now, I'm not sure if bringing old players back into the fold is a good thing or not for game growth but for me it makes me happy.
    • Like x 2
  10. TroEL Dedicated Player

^This
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. TheCMS Well-Known Player

As an on and off player since 2014, I'm not a big fan of the changes. its true that there were balance issues and the like before the update released but burn across the board has been gimped. Healing has been gimped. I really enjoyed the game before this update, and now when I and a friend play it, its unrecognizable. It's as if my favorite game was taken from me. I think thats why theres such an outcry, especially knowing the game wont ever be the same again. But like Mepps said, its the devs intention to keep things like this. Sucks especially because after trying out a ton of other mmos that had no impact on me, I came back to this just to have it change right in front of me.
    • Like x 2
  12. BestPlayerAfrica Well-Known Player

i cant even understand how ppl are "HAPPY" ith this revamp duude. is not the game complete garbage now ??? or it is just me who have that feelings ? i dont understand the community but whatever
    • Like x 3
  13. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

I'm not going to post what I posted in another thread or even rehash those same posts. The only thing I want to reiterate is these two points:

1) If you're going to be objective, the vast majority of the player base is casual. That's the majority of almost every MMO. By casual I mean log in once in a while, and MAYBE purchasing a thing or two. Some of them will love the challenge, some will hate it. I don't have any solid numbers on this either way, but from my experience most of what I've seen is ppl hating it or disliking it. That's going to drive away more ppl than it will attract, as this game can't just survive on the hardcore vets who love the change. That's just my opinion, that most ppl play a game for fun, not to be "challenged" as the hardcore crowd keeps saying.

And

2) This is not a new game, we have to be realistic. A massive change like this is not something the game may survive. This game's base has gotten smaller and smaller (as it happens to most games as they age). This is also just my opinion/perception. Maybe the base is larger than ever and it just doesn't seem that way to me. In either case, on top of my first point, we have to understand that the vast majority of ppl who wanted stats to matter were the vets. A lot of these vets have quit already. So what if they came back and love the revamp? They already showed that their loyalty to the game wasn't ironclad, they could (and probably will) quit again. There's something wrong when a company favors old, potential business (that they got from vets) over current business (those of us that have stayed). This isn't something that applies to all vets, just the ones that think OC was "perfect".

Before the accusations come, I'm a vet, a hardcore vet. I don't necessarily think I'm in the "tryhard" camp, but maybe just under it because I do grind for hours each day ( those last few remaining criminal LPVE Feats). I have been here since the first week this came to PS3. My highest toon atm has 203 CR and 341 SP. I've spent thousands of dollars in this game this year alone on replay badges and time capsules. I hate the change, I think it was a blanket nerf and I don't understand why they did it.

And one last thing. I don't understand how ppl can say this is like it was pretty GU47. It's... kinda reminiscent I suppose. But when all that mess happened we were on tier. It's one thing to struggle with current content, it's quite another to encounter hardship when playing content that's years old. I have several other points that I could make (like the fact OP items are worthless), but I'm not really going to go into them. I have a feeling that the vets who love this are not seeing the forest for the trees (meaning just because you get the change you want, it doesn't mean it's going to be good for the game ). I want this game to survive for years to come. I don't think this game is going to live past this revamp, and that's truly unfortunate because I loved this game and stuck with it since day one.

I know it's a new generation/culture of gaming. But I have always seen video games as ONLY meant to be fun. There's some good with the revamp, but it's overwhelmingly negative in most.
    • Like x 3
  14. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

All i have to say to this, you're not seeing the bigger picture. I guess mindlessly pressing 1234 was fun to you but to many who quit BECAUSE OF AMs it wasn't fun to them. And i have not struggled in any content. How quickly yall forget how the game used to be before this dumbed down version came to be. I couldnt disagree more with everything you say. But thats ok, everyone thinks their opinion is fact. Personally, my league is back and more engaged and more interested in the game than ever. Perspective makes a huge difference.
    • Like x 1
  15. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

You say its changed. Yeah it changed to the AM fest we had. Never should of came to that.
  16. Xsendra New Player

I must say: I was really excited about this update. been around in that game quite a while and been member for quite the time too, but ... i know lots of Players playing this game "for the fun and for the styles" and after testing this: revamp will cost daybreak LOTS of Money.
    I dont have interest in "playing low Level Content with a challenge" i want that ON MY LEVEL. i want to do low Level stuff for styles and stuff. and im not the only one. like me, most of THAT Players never have posted here.
    and not like me, most of them will leave insted of complaining in a Forum.

so... be happy with "your now so challanging gme you wanted to have" and see it die as the "paying casuals" leave...
    • Like x 5
  17. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

Whereas I don't think you're seeing the bigger picture. Casuals don't want to log on for an hour and MAYBE get one thing done. Instances take too long, and what would be a sense of progression has been replaced with a feeling of "no matter what you'll never be in a different class/stronger than your enemies".

Personally I don't want a boss fight at every group of adds. Comic book heroes don't struggle with henchmen. And for that matter, the most successful MMORPGs don't do this either. At the very core of most RPGs is that in your combat system, the more you fight the stronger you get. I've got 341 SP, max CR, and all the current OP items in the game (face, hands, belt, helm, back, rings, neck) and it doesn't matter.

Sure you can get past the content, but it takes far too long, puts too much of an emphasis on roles and honestly is just not fun. The fast paced combat system was unique and it was fun. It made you actually feel like you've progressed and eventually became powerful.

I didn't care for CR differential either man, but I didn't want to feel castrated or punished. I feel like a fool for staying and grinding out all the feats I have. And the thousands I've spent over the years? I'm at least 2.5k this year alone dude. I'm a big time whale, and I hate the game now.

Casuals do not want to play a game in which an instance takes an hour to finish. And even if they finish it (because they got lucky as not all will finish the instance) even after doing it, it won't feel like progression because getting more stats won't matter. The mobs in the game will always have the advantage. That's not fun for most ppl. Most ppl play for fun.

Stats could have mattered without this fiasco. AMs would have been fine if every power set could have had 3 or 4 options for how to get them to activate. The only thing I'm maintaining here, and the reason why I don't think you're seeing the big picture is because we can't lose any more players. The game was alive without all of these vets that suddenly came back. Now, the game has upset the balance, shafting casuals and catering to vets who left because they wanted the good old days back.

We know the game survived AMs, it didn't need all the vets that left to survive. What we don't know is if the game will survie this revamp because yeah great, some vets will come back.

Big deal.

What about the casuals, may of whom as so casual they didn't even know the revamp was a thing. Meanwhile you guys are praising this thing, they're shouting "hey wth changed?!".

The only thing I want is for the game to live. But honestly I hate this thing now, and I know no one cares, but I can't support it. I've stayed for a lotta questionable decisions. I've swallowed a lot of what ended up being foolish decisions. I'm not gonna tolerate more of this, because as far as I'm concerned, this is just the beginning of the end of the game.

Most of the casuals won't learn because why bother? This is a whole new game now. Why bother learning a six year old game with outdated visuals that has such a toxic community? They'll probably figure they're better off just going to a new MMO.

Again, this isn't solely about what I like or want. This is about the game living so you can enjoy it.
    • Like x 3
  18. TheCMS Well-Known Player

All I know for sure my favorite mmo game no longer exists. Glad older players are having fun though. At least some people can enjoy the game.
    • Like x 3
  19. Sooner Well-Known Player

Define others? Just a set few that want to force others to play their game? Those are ruining the games for the others that just want to go back and have some fun. HMMM.... can't have it both ways. Give me the fun.... kill them all let God sort em out runs. :)
    • Like x 3
  20. Sooner Well-Known Player

OR just some powerful hero came and put the hurt on them. Happens all the time in comics. :) Even Batman one shotted Guy Guardner. :)