Um.... Is the game broken now?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alba Eclipta, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Alba Eclipta Committed Player

Sense this new revamp, I have been happy being able to select the powers I want. I have read the descriptions carefully, and I have allocated points to favor damage to where I need it to be. Now my damage class is nearly bottom of the charts, while powers like powers like atomic seem to be one-shotting everything. My meager earther is struggling to get by, where before I rocked dps. I am getting out-damaged by people 50 to 60 points less than me who are using atomic. What am I missing here? Glad for the selections-freedom, but not happy that all my damage appears to have been nerfed.

On top of that, some of these duos are not giving end loot.
    • Like x 3
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

Duosare being looked at by the Devs. Can you perhaps give your Spec and Loadout that you were using?
    • Like x 5
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It would be useful for us if you could provide your character's details - CR, SP, mods - and a brief description of what playstyle focus/loadout you are trying.
    • Like x 7
  4. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Give your loadout, spec, everything if your looking for help.

I can only confirm that rage seems to be OP, right now. It could be all combo powers though. Only seen rage, and I've seen the first power that will get a hot fix eventually.
    • Like x 1
  5. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Damage was lowered and NPC's health was lowered as well. It all balances out.

Did the atomic have gear mods, generator mods, league hall buffs, colas buffs trinkets etc and you running naked?

Believe me,...... gear mods, gen mods, league hall buffs, cola buffs make a difference now. Add them all together and they make a bigger difference.
    • Like x 1
  6. Alba Eclipta Committed Player

I am resetting skills now to use the WM for Brawling. On my earth, I was all Brawling, with 1 point in supersonic flight. 237 sp.
    I went down the wps tree, and maxxed out Precision, maxxed out Critical Attck Damage, and placed my few remaining points in Critical attack Chance, which I thing was at 11 or 12. My loadout, which I have been tinkering with has been:

1. Reinforce
    2. Unstoppable (when surrounded)
    3. Jackhammer (also for when surrounded)
    4. Rumblecrush (not really using)
    5. Gemstone Shield (if things get dicey)
    6. Soothing Sands (in case I need and soder hasn't cooled down)

I was using Crystal golem earlier, and had also tried the Robot Drone from iconic powers. Damage seemed mediocre, tho. My power description let's me know I need to line up a crush, and then damage that increases on crushed foes. So beyond that, I use my weapon. Please teach me. : (
  7. zijyfe New Player

umm...

• Like x 1
  8. Alba Eclipta Committed Player

Forgot to mention I am totally modded for prec.
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

I havent seen anyone with atomic doing insane dmg and most of the earth dps ive seen are doing very well. So pretty confused by this post.
    • Like x 1
  10. Trexlight Devoted Player

Okay so just making sure, because you specced into Precision Im guessing you're Hybrid Focus correct?
    • Like x 2
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

Well ya shouldnt be specccing precision unless you're doing hyrbid, meaning weapons and powers. WM combos dont regen any power iirc so i know on my main where im doing hybrid im specced hybrid leaning towards prec but i have a good mix of both might/prec. U should be getting all the crits before anything else too. You're dpsing with this^ loadout right? U may need to change some things around.
    • Like x 2
  12. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Sidenote, I cant imagine how frustrating it is for you to see these topics and have no clue what loadouts people are using, etc.

I do not envy you the next few weeks.
    • Like x 1
  13. Alba Eclipta Committed Player

Nope. I went full Weapon. I am all in for Prec. Not hybriding. It's all on my weapon.

14. adridelactur New Player

Esto ha empeorado, yo frustrado y desanimado, muchas horas de juego, dinero gastado y para qué? Era dios y yo me cargaba todo de un toque y ahora voy al bizarro y antes de dos toques me lo cargaba ahora de 100000000000000000
  15. Trexlight Devoted Player

Oh NEAT a Weapons Expert. Haven't seen one yet lol. Okay so as a Weapons Expert, you'll have much better damage output using Weapon Mastery Combos from Brawling. Definitely having "utility" abilities in your loadout helps which it seems you do. Wasn't sure if you've specced into the WM yet which I recommend and see how it goes. If anything, cause I see you dont use Rumblecrush much. Use a Skill Point for an Iconic Ability like another Shield or even Robot Sidekick but since you're Earth you might do better with Crystal.

But I did see you are speccing towards WM Brawling and hopefully youll see a bit of difference in damage :)
  16. Backseid Devoted Player

For the first couple years I was Earth, but used weapons heavily.

Always confused people when my damage was top notch, but almost no Power in. Also, I never had to repair my gear. Like ever.

(Golem used to midigate damage even in DPS stance).

With the new changes, does that sound possible again?
  17. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

This is a "nerf atomic!" thread in disguise, ain't it??
    • Like x 1
  18. Maxwill Committed Player

Hi, you might find here some usefull videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPIiT_5RvEI-2CzqS2rpblA
  19. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

with just 2 respecs my Q guy was doing wasteland duos solo again...Im not even sure my load build is even "right"...it seems to work well enough..DCUO has been 2 games now...the original game...the AM/WM version...now this...I could see how the first group of players are happy while the second group is not
  20. BestPlayerAfrica Well-Known Player

definitly not!